"Planet Hulk" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on This Feature

• Total voters

CyclonatorZ

This was definitely one of the better animated movies I've seen, superhero or otherwise. While it was a fairly traditional gladiator tale, the presence of a speaking Hulk and the addition of an ailen setting helped to give it a more unique flavor. And the characterizations, while convetional, were really helped along by the great performances of the actors. Miek's coward-to-hero transformation has been done a zillion times before, but it still proved to be one of my favorite parts of the movie. And Rick D. Wasserman did a really solid turn as the tituliar charater, proving that Fred Tasticore isn't necessarily the definitive Hulk.

By far, the best part of the movie was the fight scenes, which started slow but really ramped up in intensity by the end. And considering that this was a PG-13 movie, I was honestly shocked at how dark it got in times. The Red King is truly one of the despicable monsters of animation, and I really felt sorry for his aide Caiera and was glad she stuck it too him at the end. That child disentigrating right in her grasp has to be one of the most disturbing animated scenes in the movie, and the spike infections were absolutely awful. That said, the movie never once felt excessive in its violence - this is a gladiator movie, after all, and yet evey scene had a point beyond just trying to shock the viewers.

So, quite an enjoyable watch, and probably my favorite DTV of either Marvel or DC so far. I'll be sure to add this to my collection in the future, as I didn't get a chance to see any of the special features. ;)

Gravitea

A very good Hulk film that has a good plot. While the gladiator matches were brutal, they weren't just there to shock people.

It's a nice surprise to see Beta Ray Bill, especially the battle between him and Hulk.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the younger Red King looked a lot like a red-skinned version of Aang.

What happened to Bruce Banner? Did something happen to cause him to be stuck as the Hulk? It's also nerving to think that the Avengers send him to outer space because they felt that he's violent.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently I matter to people. That's sort of nice to know. Granted, I'd prefer more favorable opinions, but it's nice to know people care I exist, even if it's merely to wish I don't.
CNC
Here's my Ideal Disney XD schedule for next week. What do you think?
harry580 wrote on Streaker Prower's profile.
I like your profile picture, tails is my favorite
sunnsettapple wrote on Eddy_Girly's profile.
(Part 1)
Hello,
I know this is a weird long shot and I doubt you'll even get this message, but I'm doing some lost media research and I have very few leads. Some old forum posts that came up on a Google search lead me to believe there's a small chance you may be able to help.
Last month, someone found the Cyberchase pilot

Featured Posts