Places to Watch Yu-Gi-Oh!

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
That sure is a nice sight that 4K media is expanding Yugioh's availability on more sites, I usually stick with Hulu most of the time. Too bad they're not having too much luck with cable due to how Nicktoons airs it.

Whatever ends up happening to Vrains, may 4K just please avoid returning to Nicktoons because it clearly isn't going to do any better there than it would on streaming sites.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Whatever ends up happening to Vrains, may 4K just please avoid returning to Nicktoons because it clearly isn't going to do any better there than it would on streaming sites.

Based on the email explaining why Nicktoons skipped over Arc V's second season, it does sound likely that they'll air Vrains on the channel. It mentioned how they have to finish Arc V by the fall, which does imply that they want to get Vrains on the lineup. I don't know why 4K Media still wants to put series on that channel after they treated two series in a row like dirt and it still doesn't make sense to rush through Arc V's dub for Vrains when there isn't any connection between the two series thus far. Although, we haven't heard anything about a Vrains dub airing on Nicktoons, as far as I know at least, and we're getting closer to fall, so maybe that has changed or been delayed.

Granted, Vrains being treated poorly won't bother me as much personally as it did with Arc V. Vrains is easily my least favorite series in the franchise now. It makes me look back at Zexal and wonder if I was too hard on it in at least a couple of areas. While it is pretty much guaranteed to be treated poorly at some point if it airs on Nicktoons, I don't think that the series would be too successful here for a number of reasons.

It is cool that they're making the series legally available in more places. I stick with Crunchyroll for the legal subs. I still have a fondness for the DM dub, but I don't know if I could watch any of the other dubs anymore. It is kind of a drawback from watching the Japanese version, but I couldn't even watch all of the Arc V dub. It's my favorite series, but I think that a lot of changes that the dub made weakened a lot of the strong writing and characterization that made it so engaging in the first place.

Still, it is great to see them doing something with the dubs. I still remember when just getting DVDs was a challenge, but now we have DVDs and legal streaming for the dubs. That's still pretty terrific.

Light Lucario

Staff member
VRAINS is now Listed On ZAP2it TV Listings and it's first 2 episodes Name's are revealed and will be premiering on September 1st and 2nd!
https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.h...aid=gapzap

But which network is still unkown...

That's rather strange. I know that some of the voice actors announced their roles on their Twitter accounts and there was a sneak peek at the dub a few months ago, but this is really weird. I'm pretty sure the the dub has started airing in other countries like what happened with the Arc V dub, so these titles could still be accurate. I just find it suspicious that they don't give out the network if they know when the series is going to premiere. Until they actually provide a network, I'd take the TV listings there with a grain of salt.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That would make sense. If Vrains was going to air on Nicktoons or any other channel in the U.S. in September, I think we would have heard about it by now, especially when those air dates are for early September and we're in the middle of August right now.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It's strange that they didn't list Teletoon earlier, but maybe they were in the middle of an update or something like that. If the series is going to air on Nicktoons during the fall, it will probably be around October or November. Next month isn't impossible, but I think it would have been revealed by this point if that was the case.

RDG

I don't live in Canada, but I'm pretty sure the VRAINS dub didn't air yesterday and it probably won't air today.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I don't live in Canada, but I'm pretty sure the VRAINS dub didn't air yesterday and it probably won't air today.

Yeah, I didn't hear anything about the first dub episode airing yesterday either. Granted, I don't keep up with news on Vrains, but I think that there would have been some signs of the dub premiering in Canada by now. I'm sure that I still would have heard some reactions about the dub cast and the changes the dub made.

Plus, one would think that 4K Media would have made an announcement about the Vrains dub premiere if it was going to air this soon. I believe that the dub has aired in other countries, similar to what happened with the Arc V dub, but not in English speaking countries. Canada wouldn't even have access to the Vrains simulcast subs on Crunchyroll, so if they were going to have the dub premiere in a country that can't get the legal subs, I think that they would have announced it at least a decent amount of time before it was set to air. At this rate, the chances are pretty good that the Vrains dub will also be two years behind the Japanese version like what happened with Zexal and Arc V. It doesn't bother me as much considering that I really hate Vrains, but it does make me appreciate that I watch the Japanese versions instead of waiting years to see a series.

Reactions: RDG

Light Lucario

Staff member
VRAINS still aired on Teletoon in Canada yesterday and today.

Schedule | teletoon.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's strange. I would have thought that at least some details about the dub would have come out by now if it did air yesterday and today. I heard about some of the dub names a few months ago when voice actors were announcing their roles and there were some reactions to the sneak peak of the Vrains dub during the Pyramid of Light re-release, but nothing more than that. One would think that at least people would be interested in the dub opening theme, even though the past few ones have been pretty bad.

Either I've even more out of the loop with Vrains news than I thought I was or the series isn't popular enough among the western online community to where the dub would be a big deal. Both options sound pretty likely. Despite Vrains having a simulcast on Crunchyroll, I usually don't hear as much praise for it compared to the past few series. There was a bit of hype for it when it first premiered, but it died down relatively quickly.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That does prove that the Vrains dub did in fact premiere in Canada. I'm surprised not more information has surfaced and especially that 4K Media didn't have any announcement about it. I still wouldn't be surprised if the series doesn't end up airing in the U.S. until next year at this rate.

RDG

That does prove that the Vrains dub did in fact premiere in Canada. I'm surprised not more information has surfaced and especially that 4K Media didn't have any announcement about it. I still wouldn't be surprised if the series doesn't end up airing in the U.S. until next year at this rate.

considering the spin-offs have never been as popular to begin with, and especially considering Nicktoons' history with airing the franchise

Light Lucario

Staff member
considering the spin-offs have never been as popular to begin with, and especially considering Nicktoons' history with airing the franchise

Yeah, those are pretty big factors as to why the franchise hasn't had much success after DM in the U.S. It's a shame since I do like most of the spin-off series, but the poor schedule treatment and the quality of the dubs has really done a number on the anime's popularity outside of Japan. At least we shouldn't have anymore incomplete dubs, but since the dubs are usually a good year or two behind the Japanese versions, that's still a problem too.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I have noticed that the official Yu-Gi-Oh! YouTube channel has been updating with some random Zexal episodes for awhile. It's nice to see that they are trying to make the dubs more widely available through multiple legal sites.

RDG

Also, as already mentioned in the Nicktoons channel thread, Arc-V may be leaving for good on the 26th, to be replaced by another airing of the network's Golden Boy, FOP, and we already know they won't be airing VRAINS anytime soon

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts