Pixar’s Luca Pre-release discussion

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Luca is still coming out June 18, but it's on Disney Plus. There's no Premiere Access cost, so anyone with Disney Plus can watch it for free. Internationally, it will still have theatrical releases.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Great news for people like me with Disney+, but it still makes me sad to think that Disney may one day forgo theaters permanently in the U.S.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Great news for people like me with Disney+, but it still makes me sad to think that Disney may one day forgo theaters permanently in the U.S.
So is Pixar just going to be the direct to streaming studio? Good going, Disney.
That is NOT true! I've heard recently that people are willing to go out to the movie theatres, especially now that theatres in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City have reopened. It's just that for now, said theatres are at a limited capacity, because we are still in a freaking pandemic! Besides, like Soul, they are offering Luca on Disney+ as a summer holiday gift. When we are out of this situation, studios like Disney are going to really need theatres again to earn money in addition to making money off of content for their streaming platforms.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
So is Pixar just going to be the direct to streaming studio? Good going, Disney.
Pixar is one of their core brands, so I really doubt that they'll ever do that.

Dragnatek

Luca is still coming out June 18, but it's on Disney Plus. There's no Premiere Access cost, so anyone with Disney Plus can watch it for free. Internationally, it will still have theatrical releases.

Seems to be a choice made for Pixar films. That they are just released straight to plus, with no extra cost. Not complaining.

khuddle

I don't know, kind of feeling lukewarm about this. Looks like an animated version of "Stand By Me", another coming of age picture by Pixar (similar to "Onward" in that respect). I suspect it will have its share of cringeworthy sentimental moments.

But it does look funny as well. And I like the animation style.

So we'll just have to wait and see.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts