Pitches For Original DC Films/Shows

Troy Troodon

With Justice League: Gods and Monsters, along with the more child friendly JLA Adventures and Batman Unlimited, how about we voice our opinions on what other original project DC could/should work on. Something that doesn't follow the mainstream line up with adaptations based on the New52 reboot.

For me personally, I want a Justice League International movie. A stand alone for marketing to younger audiences like JLA Adventures.

I even written a cast:

• Troy Baker - Batman
  • Patrick Seitz - Guy Gardner
  • Crispen Freeman - Booster Gold
  • James Arnold Taylor -Blue Beetle (Ted Cord)
  • Kari Wahlgren - Fire
  • Laura Bailey - Ice
  • Erica Luttrell - Vixen
  • Travis Willingham - Captain Marvel (Shazaam)
  • Phil LaMarr - Martian Manhunter

And what better choice for a threat than Ra'as Al Ghul and his League of Assassins:

• Robin Atkin Downes - Ra'as Al Ghu
  • Steve Blum - Deathstroke
  • Kristy Wu - Lady Shiva
  • Jeff Bennet - Count Vertigo
  • Jamieson Price - Merlin
  • Colleen O'Shaughnessey - Talia Al Ghul
  • JB Blanc - Bane
  • Kari Wahlgren - Killer Frost
  • Eric Bauza - Black Adam

Say, Batman is on the trail of Ra'As Al Ghul's schemes in Europe while the Justice League of America are occupied with other circumstances, so he take the chance to form a new Justice League. Yeah it sounds small on paper but if done well it can make for a great pitch.

That's one of the things I like to see DC Animation tackle.

Last edited:
here's my pitch a tv ma version of batman based on Gotham by gaslight and masters of the future after that create new versions of villains and allies for Victorian era batman and epic stories for TV story lines my idea maybe too violent or scary not really sure who would play this version of batman
well for long runs i would choose tom welling for a tv batman he was clark kent for smallville so why not let him be batman on television i'm sure he can pull it off for another long run on tv of course we need costumes for designer colleen Atwood same person who designed arrow and flash and super girl costumes i hope someone sees my own pitch for tv and makes it reality from dc or wb or cw hbo or live action toonami series if they can afford the show

Troy Troodon

Good ideas, but I don't see Batman being TV-MA, also it would help to add commas and periods for people to read them.

I also have a new idea from the early,golden age comics my dad had in his collection. I'm sure no one hasn't done this,yet !
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA the animated series JL had one so why can't JSA have one but I would exclude hourman from the series because of his pill popping shenanigans the little ones don't need to see that. this series will definitely be set in wartime hope someone sees this pitch and gives me a call

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Batman Inc. which by the looks of Unlimited's expansion, is pretty much in motion.
I would like to see an ep dedicated to one member of the lineup in a different part of the world.
Each hero has their own arc with a fairly loose overarching narrative. Maybe even duo/several member team-ups down the line with a season finale of all the Bat-heroes banding together to fight a common indomitable force for destruction...BatGod! :sweat:
My only stipulation is that they use Bruce Greenwood to voice Batman.

Most definitely a Wonder Woman TAS. A show that gets to highlight the Pantheon of Gods that WW has to deal with whilst facing the foes in her rogues. This would be more serialized than the last pitch. I'm scratching my head as to how in-your-face the feminist criticism should be. More focus on the Greco-Roman fantasy side is a must.

And finally...give nearly every DC Nation series a full show/movie order - Thunder & Lightening, Plastic Man, Sword of The Atom, Shang Hai Batman, Groovy Wonder Woman, Deadman, Shazam, Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Creature Commandos, Amethyst: Princess of Gem World -
You could pretty much roll all those comedies in one or 2 shows.

Eldorado

And finally...give nearly every DC Nation series a full show/movie order - Thunder & Lightening, Plastic Man, Sword of The Atom, Shang Hai Batman, Groovy Wonder Woman, Deadman, Shazam, Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Creature Commandos, Amethyst: Princess of Gem World -
You could pretty much roll all those comedies in one or 2 shows.

You forgot Super Best Friends Forever.

Troy Troodon

I have more ideas myself.

A direct-to-dvd Green Lantern movie, also like JLA Adventures and Batman Unlimited.

Basically it's about Hal leading a special GL operative to prevent Sinestro from some evil scheme. Like my other idea I pretty much focused less on the plot and more on the voice cast.

. Hal Jordan - Josh Keaton
. Guy Gardner - Patrick Seitz
. Kyle Ryner - Matthew Mercer
. John Stewart - Khary Payton
. Kilowog - Kevin Michael Richardson
. Arisia Rrab - Laura Bailey
. Ch'p - Richard Horvitz
. Katma - Kari Wahlgren
. Salaak - Dee Bradley Baker
. Abin Sir - Cory Burton
. Tomar Tu/Re - Robin Atkin Downes
. Boodikka - Grey Delisle
. Barreer Wot - Steve Blum
. Galius Zed - John Dimaggio
. Jade - Kristy Wu
. Sinestro - Jamieson Price

And maybe get the same character designer for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Frontier

Staff member
Flash: The Animated Series

Target Audience: Kids and adults.

Executive Producers: James Tucker, Bruce Timm, and Greg Weisman.

Story Editor: Greg Weisman

Premise: Struck by a bolt of lightning, ordinary forensic scientist Barry Allen is turned into the Fastest Man Alive, The Flash! Now Barry uses his new-found super-speed to fight crime and solve the strangest cases to pop up in the seemingly normal and bright Central City. To his coworkers and friends Barry is a very intelligent, awkward, but driven individual who's committed to getting to the truth behind any crime and is still reeling from a personal tragedy in his childhood of his mother's mysterious disappearance, when in reality he's also the Scarlet Speedster zipping throughout the city stopping bad guys and saving lives. As Barry juggles keeping his identity safe from his coworkers at the Central City Police Department, he's also juggling the attentions of rookie reporter for the Central City Picture news Iris West, who's eager to learn more about the city's new Superhero. Soon Barry begins to encounter a series of villainous tech-based Rogues in his investigations, terrorizing his city, and forcing him into action as The Flash. All the while he's still searching for the mysterious yellow streak responsible for his mother's disappearance and trying to understand the vast mysteries behind his powers.

Cast:

Barry Allen/The Flash - Roger Craig Smith

Iris West - Kari Wahlgren

Joe West - Phil Lamarr

Captain Frye - Michael Bell

David Singh - Kyle Hebert

James Forrest - Kevin Michael Richardson

Patty Spivot - Colleen O'Shaugnessy

Henry Allen - Alan Tudyk

Jay Garrick - John Wesley Shipp

Wally West - Jason Spisak

Leonard Snart/Captain Cold - Steven Blum

Sam Scudder/Mirror Master - David Kaye

Hartley Rathaway/Pied Piper - James Arnold Taylor

Mark Mardon/Weather Wizard - Travis Willingham

James Jesse/The Trickster - Mark Hamill

Digger Harkness/Captain Boomerang - Robert Atkin Downes

Mick Rory/Heat Wave - Dee Bradley Baker

Roscoe Dillon/The Top - Wally Wingert

Lisa Snart/Golden Glider - Grey DeLisle/Griffin

Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash/Professor Zoom - Troy Baker

Frontier

Staff member
so... an animated version of the live-action tv series, basically?
Well, obviously there will be similarities because both are TV shows adapting and focusing on the daily adventures of The Flash, despite one being animated and the other live-action, though I tried to adhere more to the comics compared to the show.

For one, there's no major STAR Labs involvement, and a lack of Harrison Wells, Cisco, and Caitlin in the cast. The supporting cast is filled with more genuine Flash characters than original characters like Wells or pre-Metahumans like Cisco and Caitlin who are ordinarily not that involved with The Flash mythos. I put Joe in there because, well...Joe is awesome :D.

I kept in the aspect of Barry's mom and Reverse-Flash's involvement, but that's an element introduced in the comics as well. Considering the Green Lantern cartoon made use of the Emotional Spectrum, another Geoff Johns introduced concept, it stands to reason that the same could happen for a Flash cartoon. Even if they probably couldn't outright say what exactly happened to Nora Allen :sweat:.

Otaku-sempai

For the kids: Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew.

For teens: More Young Justice. Because it ended too soon!

For adults: Kingdom Come as a four-part limited, direct-to-video series. Four episodes, below feature-length, but each with the same budget as one of the animated movies.

Troy Troodon

For the kids: Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew.

For teens: More Young Justice. Because it ended too soon!

For adults: Kingdom Come as a four-part limited, direct-to-video series. Four episodes, below feature-length, but each with the same budget as one of the animated movies.

Okay, I can see Captain Carrot as a series of shorts online or on tv between commercial breaks. I'd like to imagine John Kassir voicing the rabbit.

Yeah, we ALL want Young Justice back, but what's done it done, and not every popular show comes back.

Ah... Kingdom Come, where a Superman/Wonder Woman relationship is done right.

Troy Troodon

Never the less she still worked on the show with her husband. Though I believe we're going off topic here.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Little back on Topic. Can I consider a Suicide Squad animated series as a Tie-In to the David Ayer Movie? Just gonna list the Stars as what the OP did.

David Kaye - Slade Wilson/Deathstroke
John DiMaggio - Nanuae/King Shark
Grey Griffin - Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn
Crispin Freeman - Floyd Lawton/Deadshot
Greg Ellis - George Harkness/Captain Boomerang
Keith Silverstein - Eric Needham/Black Spider
Carlos Alazraqui - Chato Santana/El Diablo
Jennifer Hale - Lousie Lincoln/Killer Frost
Nolan North - Anatoli Knyazev/KGBeast
Kari Wahlgren - June Moone/Enchantress
Stephanie Sheh - Bette San Souci/Plastique
Kyle Hebert - Christopher Weiss/Slipknot
Adam Baldwin - Col. Rick Flag, Jr.

Troy Troodon

Oooh, not bad my friend!

Now if I were to produce an original DC animated flick/show, it would star these particular characters:

Lian Harper - Elsie Fisher
Sue Dibny - Grey Delisle Griffin
Jack Drake - Kirk Thornton

Because these are supporting characters who were senselessly killed off for shock value and damn it they deserve better.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
I also like to consider for a Scarecrow theme episode for the SS animated show. Crispin Freeman as the Scarecrow as a tribute to Alucard from Hellsing.

Troy Troodon

An animated superman movie, also made for kids like Batman Unlimited.

Josh Keaton - Superman
Patrick Seitz - Lex Luthor
Eric Bauza - Toyman
Neil Kaplan - Metallo
Kari Wahlgren - Lois Lane
Drake Bell (or Josh Peck) - Jimmy Olson
Laura Bailey - Lana Lang
Darran Norris - Perry White
Martha Kent - Laraline Newman
Jonathan Kent - Dwight Schultz

And for character designs, I'd probably hire Sam Galloway (Spectacular Spider-Man) with the musical score composed by either Kevin Riepl or Frederik Wiedmann. And if not Andrea Romano, at least get Mary Elizabeth Glynn as the voice director.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts