Pinky Malinky

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything
It’s not happening. The rights for pilots go back to the creators if the network doesn’t do anything with them after a while. That happened with Pinky Malinky, and now that Nick made a full season, the creators aren’t getting it back.

^ In other words: it belongs to them ( the network itself).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
Well, technically CN could pay Nick to air to air the show on their own channel, if they wanted to. Any network could. They likely won’t because, if Nick felt it doesn’t test well with kids, why would other kids networks want it? Not to mention give money to their competitors.

Still, it’s a shame what happened to the show. As it’s been in development for a long time. Maybe kids just felt it looked too much like Gumball. I wouldn’t be surprised if the show airs on Nicktoons with little fanfare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moose_tracks12

I'm just really curious about the decisions Nickelodeon makes with these cartoons to end them so early or to cancel them before it even premieres (Pinky Malinky in this case). Obviously, we'll never know, but maybe part of this has to do with cable gradually dying out as time passes by. So because of that, Nickelodeon's standards for cartoons have grown much higher as time has gone on. If they aren't an instant hit from the jump, then that's grounds for the axe later on. Maybe they don't want to lose money paying creators whose shows don't have as popular of an appeal to viewers as they want. At least that's what it seems like, but that might be the wrong way to look at it.

Dudley

Staff member
Just because the show’s cancelled before it airs doesn’t mean it won’t air at all. They’re going to try to get some money’s worth by airing it.

Didn’t Robot and Monster go through the same thing years ago?

kanc

Just because the show’s cancelled before it airs doesn’t mean it won’t air at all. They’re going to try to get some money’s worth by airing it.

Didn’t Robot and Monster go through the same thing years ago?

yes exactly that happened with Robot and Monster, they were this close to renew season 2 but they backed out. so it ended up airing season 1 with little promotion, and few were shipped to Nicktoons

Dudley

Staff member

moose_tracks12

I could argue that they’re splitting a 26 episode order into two 13 episode seasons, but I think I reached my threshold on trying to dispute the validity of Steve Hullet’s post.

So it's not really a renewal, but more so just a division of the already ordered episodes? What's their purpose in doing that?

ToonJay723

Staff member
So it's not really a renewal, but more so just a division of the already ordered episodes? What's their purpose in doing that?
No he was trying to come up with a way to make Steve's blog not have inaccuracies. Which is impossible in this case as they said they're currently working on the second season, and they've confirmed they've ended production on the first season.

moose_tracks12

No he was trying to come up with a way to make Steve's blog not have inaccuracies. Which is impossible in this case as they said they're currently working on the second season, and they've confirmed they've ended priduction on the first season.
I'm sorry, I'm just really confused about the whole production situation going on with this show. So season 2 wasn't actually confirmed, despite what the article said?

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
From Rikke Asbjoern's Instagram:

pinky-malinky-season-two-announcement-rikke-asbjoern-instagram-nickelodeon-nick.png

Nick Mick

OK, am I the only one who gets really worried about this?? I mean, THINK about it: the show has been shown on a lot promotional media (like banners and bumpers), plus the shorts and some stuff drawn by the crew have been promoted by Nick Animation Studio, and yet, there has been NO release date about the show for like 3 years, there's no press release about Season 2, AND it's rumored by a guy formerly from the animation guild, that the show is CANCELLED.

And truth be told, that might be true. Not only Nickelodeon is notoriously known among animation fans like us, for having ridiculous ways of renewing and cancelling shows. Case in point, Robot and Monster. As @kanc said in this thread, despite the creator of the show claiming in his blog, that the crew was always making the episodes in schedule (or even ahead it), and debunking rumors about the cancellation of the show before it even premiered, with ideas and complete storyboards made for future Season 2 episodes, the show was straight-up cancelled, much to the heartbreaking dissapointment of the crew, and me of course.

ToonJay723

Staff member
OK, am I the only one who gets really worried about this?? I mean, THINK about it: the show has been shown on a lot promotional media (like banners and bumpers), plus the shorts and some stuff drawn by the crew have been promoted by Nick Animation Studio, and yet, there has been NO release date about the show for like 3 years, there's no press release about Season 2, AND it's rumored by a guy formerly from the animation guild, that the show is CANCELLED.

And truth be told, that might be true. Not only Nickelodeon is notoriously known among animation fans like us, for having ridiculous ways of renewing and cancelling shows. Case in point, Robot and Monster. As @kanc said in this thread, despite the creator of the show claiming in his blog, that the crew was always making the episodes in schedule (or even ahead it), and debunking rumors about the cancellation of the show before it even premiered, with ideas and complete storyboards made for future Season 2 episodes, the show was straight-up cancelled, much to the heartbreaking dissapointment of the crew, and me of course.
Hopefully with the new regime change, they're going to start treating their shows with respect.

ToonsJazzLover

Whoever schedule Nickelodeon is possibly the laziest schedule manager ever. With a certain president out the network, I hope they can improve the scheduling for premieres ,especially animation.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I find it interesting how Jason Spisak has done voice work for plenty of DC projects, yet he's never been in one with Andrea Romano as the voice director. Even in non-DC projects, he's never been in a project she worked on.
Happy birthday to Genndy Tartakovsky. Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack were both notable shows during my younger days and I have also enjoyed Sym-Bionic Titan and Primal.
Happy 90th birthday to James Earl Jones. His performances as the voice of Darth Vader and Mufasa will always be some of my favorite performances.
Sweet. Nick aired "The Rugrats Movie".
for anyone who enjoys anime and slice of life comedies, i would suggest Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

It will also get a season 2 in July of this year.

Featured Posts