Pinky Malinky

jaylop97

Staff member
Hard to believe how long this show has been wanting to air, especially when they had an ad last year I believe but it wasn't until now they finished the first season. They surely should wait a bit more to give the staff time for production.

ToonJay723

Staff member
The Nick Animation Podcast interviewed the creators of the show Chris Garbutt and Rikke Asbjoern.

- They expect a lot of episodes to air when they premeire
- It's animated by Jam Filled Entertainment

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything
The Nick Animation Podcast interviewed the creators of the show Chris Garbutt and Rikke Asbjoern.

- They expect a lot of episodes to air when they premeire
- It's animated by Jam Filled Entertainment
That's if they expected to release it by promoting it, it's nice that at least we're hearing something from them since we hadn't heard much about them since, now what's interfering me is that its whether Nick will treat like they been doing to SBSP and TLH, but knowing Nick, they'll give it the unusual treatment like they been doing to WttW and Bunsen.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
I admit while I don't have much hope for this show getting too far critically (if not financially), the people who front-lined really believed in / were in love with what they were trying to make. I can actually respect that, if not much else, unfortunately.

sasq

Take it with a grain of salt (since this was posted by the same person who screams ''teen titans go is bad cartoon network's schedule has no variety christina miller is the most evil person on the planet'' and tells his child fanbase to make 1000 rant videos about it), but it seems that Pinky Malinky has been cancelled before it even began.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Take it with a grain of salt (since this was posted by the same person who screams ''teen titans go is bad cartoon network's schedule has no variety christina miller is the most evil person on the planet'' and tells his child fanbase to make 1000 rant videos about it), but it seems that Pinky Malinky has been cancelled before it even began.

Okay, I watched the video. This is clickbait. He said that that it's not 100% confirmed that Pinky Malinky has been cancelled and that Steve Hulett has gotten some stuff wrong before.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
For those wondering, he got this info from this page.
http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html?m=1

Steve Hullet has been proven to be right numerous times, as he asks animators working on the project. It could be months or even a year until we know for sure. And depending on how networks air a show, they can stretch a season out for year. And with Nick’s track record, some episodes will never see the light of day.
So it’s essentially a waiting game to see if the info is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaylop97

Staff member
For those wondering, he got this info from this page.
http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/01/work-around-town-too.html?m=1

Steve Hullet has been proven to be right numerous times, as he asks animators working on the project. It could be months or even a year until we know for sure. And depending on how networks air a show, they can stretch a season out for year. And with Nick’s track record, some episodes will never see the light of day.
So it’s essentially a waiting game to see if the info is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like it, though in this case I think thay if they do ever air this show and if it becomes a hit, then they would make an announcement themselves if a second season would occur. But that's only an if, other than that we probably won't hear much if it doesn't do well much like the other Nicktoons :(.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
A comment on Steve Hulett's blog (the same "Work Around Two" post) mentoned that Nick will not even air the show (It apparently did poorly internally and was basically deep sixed). The entire staff was let go:

Nick canned Pinky Malinky and won´t air the show. It tested poorly internally. The art staff were let go.

Take with a large grain of salt, of course. Who knows what's going on....

NeoplanDan

A comment on Steve Hulett's blog (the same "Work Around Two" post) mentoned that Nick will not even air the show (It apparently did poorly internally and was basically deep sixed). The entire staff was let go:

Where are you getting this from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToonJay723

Staff member

Steve Hulett cites that comment on his blog, and not from an artist he talked to. So I doubt that's what happened. I want to see him actually cite that he talked to someone before I believe that.

Where are you getting this from?

Here

sasq

Question: Now that Nick has given up on it, could Cartoon Network buy the rights back (or at the very least the distribution rights) if they're interested, or the fact that it was produced at Nick's in-house studio makes any sale impossible?

NeoplanDan

Question: Now that Nick has given up on it, could Cartoon Network buy the rights back (or at the very least the distribution rights) if they're interested, or the fact that it was produced at Nick's in-house studio makes any sale impossible?

Possibly not feasible.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It’s not happening. The rights for pilots go back to the creators if the network doesn’t do anything with them after a while. That happened with Pinky Malinky, and now that Nick made a full season, the creators aren’t getting it back.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

A Star Wars Detours episode got leaked, and it was hilarious!

I hope more episodes get leaked, this show does NOT deserve to stay shelfed!
I wish a happy 65th birthday to the long running voice of Batman, Kevin Conroy.
It looks like both are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker. "Phineas And Ferb: Christmas Vacation" moves to the next round. The next matchup is between The Loud House episode "11 Louds A Leapin" and the Sofia The First episode "The Mystic Isles: A Very Mystic Wassalia ".

Pikwik Pack, the TMNT formula, goes preschool. Swap out the pizza for taco.
Anybody know whats the theme for SpongeBob episodes 8pm hour for weekdays starting Monday? They haven't advertised what for.