Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rare (1 star)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
Pinky Malinky has spent quite a long time in the hot dog rotisserie, but now he's finally done. The new series premeires on New Years Day with 28 episodes. Post below about your thoughts on the series and any particular episodes.

Pinky Malinky sees the bright side of eveything, including being born a hot dog. With his BFFs in tow, this little wiener takes a bit out of life
Season One
1 - Snack
2 - Pet
3 - Tech
4 - Spirit
5 - Hater
6 - Video
7 - Duck
8 - Mannequin
9 - Secret
10 - Scary
11 - Book
12 - Team
13 - Game
14 - Undercover
15 - Fun
16 - Brother
17 - Sensei
18 - Hangout
19 - Sock
20 - Count
21 - Voice
22 - Phone
23 - Friend
24 - Gym
25 - List
26 - Double
27 - Seight
28 - Grounded

Reactions: Spacething7474

RainbowCupcake

Put that thing back where it came from!
Dec 3, 2017
United States
Okay so I watched the first episode, "Snack," which I realize isn't enough to judge the series as a whole, but I still want to talk about my thoughts.

Overall, it was better than I expected but not amazing either. It has uniqueness in the fact that it's written as a "mockumentary," but at the same time also feels like another kids buddy comedy series. The jokes are completely hit or miss. There were some things that made me chuckle, and I actually laughed out loud at the CGI re-enactment of Pinky stealing the Poppins at the food store. However, a ton of jokes also went over my head or were flat-out unfunny. The gag at the beginning where Babs is attempting to throw popcorn into Pinky's mouth went on for far too long.

The characters are nothing special. Pinky was my favorite since he was the main character and therefore got the most attention. His two friends are annoying, especially JJ. I was shocked to see that he is voiced by Nathan Kress, although it kind of makes sense considering he was a former Nickelodeon star. Pinky's mom was sort of cute; she reminded me of Bubby from The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. I didn't get JJ's infatuation with her though. It comes off creepy rather than funny.

I may give other episodes a chance, but as it stands, Pinky Malinky is a fun way to kill off twelve minutes at a time.

Reactions: ToonsJazzLover