Phoebe and Her Unicorn newspaper comic strip

Latest News & Videos

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Inverness, IL
Anyone get in their local newspaper the webcomic now in newspaper comics pages called Phoebe and Her Unicorn by Dana Simpson? Currently 100 papers carry this strip, but where I live no Chicago newspaper has picked it up as of yet, but maybe in the next couple of weeks.

The strip is also available online at gocomics.com

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Sep 13, 2002
Washington
www.tv.com
Actually, I think we finally stopped getting newspapers (my family and I at least) over here by the time this was added to the comic strips, but yeah I got into the series due to it's gocomics section, and have been following since April 2013. Pretty cute and fun strip overall, and I have yet to feel tired of it.

Infact, I decided to celebrate my birthday last month by starting up on picking up the physical release of this series which is currently up to nine volumes with ten coming out on October 8th.

Though it should be noted that an early strip (Phoebe and Her Unicorn by Dana Simpson for June 12, 2012 | GoComics.com) was skipped in the books.

Incidentally, Book 6 "The Magic Storm" and Book 8 "Unicorn Theater" contain brand new GN length stories. Whether it's random or it's even numbered volumes getting the treatment, I'll be finding out myself come October.

But yeah it's a good read and if it will help anyone interested in checking it out, here's a link to the first strip in 2012: Phoebe and Her Unicorn by Dana Simpson for April 22, 2012 | GoComics.com

Last edited:

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
Woah, nice to see a thread about this comic strip (if you look at my signature I mention that it's one of my favorites) Yeah I read it along with a few others everyday. I remember when it was just a web comic strip then ended up getting syndicated. It's a fun strip.

Reactions: Fone Bone

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
The strip does have arcs that could be made into episodes, but it could work where the stories are separate from the strip , so the people who haven't seen the strip could get into the series without being too confused and there would be new stories for people who are into it. I hope it works out, because I think it would be good as a series.

Also Dana Simpson slightly explained what's going on with a deal, this is from a couple weeks ago

Last edited:
Reactions: Otaku-sempai