Phineas & Ferb Series Talkback (SPOILERS)

King Delbert

Here is some of the Info that was been put out there about what we will see in Season four

• Well we all know about the big crossover with Phineas and Ferb and Mavel that will air next summer
  • Phineas and the Ferb-Tones,will have reunion in a special episode
  • But thee sound of a new song for season 4 only trying to help show that Phineas will get mad at Isabella in of the upcomming
  • Isabella asks Candace for romantic advice
  • Other Helloween Ep

Where did you hear about some of the info because some don't make any sense like that song for example

ctgrumpybear

Crazy guy running from the aliens
Sorry about the taking forever to reply
The info I post has been posted by the show creators and have been on the web

the name of the song i was talking aboiut is "Only trying to help" you can find videos o the girl who voice isabella singing it and it a sad song
"

Lord Hater

Retired
Has anyone noticed that there are five production codes that haven't been used yet? The stand-alone special will take two, so there's really only three. Do you think they should make episodes with them?

The Phineas and Ferb tones episode was never made either.

Choppasmith

Ahh that's cool. I was kind of hoping it could be like Animaniacs where MML would have the occasional cameo and reference its predecessor.

Roxas_Sora

Has anyone noticed that there are five production codes that haven't been used yet? The stand-alone special will take two, so there's really only three. Do you think they should make episodes with them?

The Phineas and Ferb tones episode was never made either.

I did noticed it, that's why I started this topic:
https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/sdcc-2015-phineas-ferb-panel.5489231/

I believe those disappeared numbers could be used to make a movie, both as sequel of the first one and the special about the 2nd Dimension. That would be a perfect story to end the series. I hope somebody will mention them in tomorrow's panel at SDCC 2015. We could then have some info for a little hope in the future.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder why Disney XD has been having Phineas and Ferb marathons every Friday. I like that they're doing it, but I'm curious.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
To celebrate the show's 8th anniversary, I feel it would be a good idea to review the first episode.

Rollercoaster

Writers: Dan Povenmire & Jeff Swampy Marsh

Date: August 17, 2007

Synopsis: "Phineas and Ferb build a roller coaster. Dr. Doofenshmirtz builds a device to attract all the world's tin foil."

This is the first episode of the show. While there are better pilots, this is still good. It gives us the general premise of what to expect from the show. Phineas and Ferb have active imaginations and are very talented. I mean, they built a rollercoaster in an afternoon. Candace tries to get mom to bust them. It's pretty understandable, especially since her mom doesn't believe her. Isabella has a crush on Phineas, which is adorable. Phineas and Ferb's pet platypus Perry is a secret agent who has to stop Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the show's antagonist. At the end, Dr. Doofenshmirtz's invention makes the rollercoaster disappear. All of this was established in this episode and in 13 minutes. There's a lot of fun moments, even though there's no song, and the ending is funny. It's a good episode.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Dan Povenmire, co-creator of the show, turned 52 today. To honor that, I'm going to review the episode "Doof 101". He co-wrote the episode and is the voice of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Let's start.

Doof 101

Writers: Dan Povenmire, Jeff Swampy Marsh, Kim Roberson, Zac Moncrief

Date: November 27, 2014

Synopsis: "Doof becomes a teacher at Vanessa's high school science class, much to her embarrassment."

The relationship between Doof and Vanessa is one of the many things I like about this show since everything Doof does is for Vanessa's sake, yet you can see why she would be embarrassed by him. This is another example of this idea done right. Having your parent around you at all times in school can be problematic since they can be a bit overbearing sometimes , so you can understand Vanessa's behavior, but she doesn't do anything heinous. At the same time, Doof is actually trying to be a good teacher. After committing a few evil schemes too many, he chooses community service over jail, and becomes a teacher. He naturally gets his funny moments, but he proves he can be s good teacher. Since Dan Povenmire wrote this episode and voices Doof, he would have to write him well. There's plenty of funny moments, mostly from these bugs trying to make contact with the humans. The climax of the episode is well handled since it shows how good Doof is, and we have a good ending gag. It's a good episode.

Side Note: This is the last Phineas and Ferb episode to have Zac Moncrief's involvement.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
I missed the show when it first aired on Disney but I've been catching up with it this year and I'm just going to throw this out there, but I think this is one of Disney TV's best shows of any era. It takes a lot of talent to come up with new songs in every single episode, not to mention all the creative scenarios that arise from Phineas & Ferb's inventions AND the ways that said inventions vanish before mom sees them (and often due to those plots and the Perry the Platypus plots colliding). I don't even mind that the show is deliberately formulaic, because from that formula arises lots of twists and subversions. Most importantly, the show is often pretty funny, with good comic timing, (mostly) non-cliched dialog, and a self-awareness without making every joke consist of it.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
On this day last year, Night of the Living Pharmacists came out. In honor of Halloween (I know it's at the end of the month), I will review the special. Let's start.

Night of the Living Pharmacists

Writers: Joshua Pruett, Scott Peterson, Jim Bernstein, Dani Vetere, Eddie Pittman, Kim Roberson, Bernie Petterson, Patrick O'Connor, J.G. Orrantia, Edward Rivera, Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft, Kyle Menke

Phineas and Ferb has always gone all out with their Halloween specials (even though most of them don't take place on Halloween) and this is no exception. Zombie apocalypse movies have been done before, but they're always enjoyable, like here. Like any good zombie movie, characters get turned into zombies one by one, maintaining a great sense of tension. Plus, the transformation is actually pretty scary, but it works here. What I like here is that it's pretty much a team effort since a majority of the major characters are involved. Everyone, from Candace and Vanessa to the boys and the Fireside Girls, and more are involved in thwarting off the zombies. Isabella stands out the most as she's the only one left who can activate the device and stop the zombies. The tension is well done, and the humor and music are well done. With the ending taken into account, this is one good special.

Lord Hater

Retired
There are some mysteries that I wanted to be solved. I wonder who Isabella marries (probably Phineas) and where Danville is actually located.

I have some ideas for plots that I wanted to see in this show. I wanted to see more of Stacy and Perry's relationship, the shipping between Ginger and Baljeet (and possibly Katie and Irving), Buford's birthday, and more episodes about The Fireside Girls and Pinky.

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
Not technically Phineas and Ferb-related, but the new Yo-kai Watch English theme for the anime and game was actually written and performed by people who worked on Phineas and Ferb - even the creators! After hearing about that it began to sound a bit like it fit in with the other songs on Phineas and Ferb.
"YO-KAI WATCH FEAT. SWAMPY MARSH"
Lyrics and Composition by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Dan Povenmire, Rob Hughes, Danny Jacob

Performed By: Jeff "Swampy Marsh" & Danny Jacob

Remixed By: Will Anderson

Just thought you guys'd be interested.

Choppasmith

Not technically Phineas and Ferb-related, but the new Yo-kai Watch English theme for the anime and game was actually written and performed by people who worked on Phineas and Ferb - even the creators! After hearing about that it began to sound a bit like it fit in with the other songs on Phineas and Ferb.
"YO-KAI WATCH FEAT. SWAMPY MARSH"
Lyrics and Composition by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Dan Povenmire, Rob Hughes, Danny Jacob

Performed By: Jeff "Swampy Marsh" & Danny Jacob

Remixed By: Will Anderson

Just thought you guys'd be interested.

Whoa, that's neat! Never expected them to contribute to a Toyetic Anime Theme song. Definitely sounds like it belongs in the show.

Speaking of music though, as I went on iTunes to download my very last episode on my season pass, The OWCA files, I discovered they added a new music album. The Last Days of Summer!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/phineas-ferb-last-day-summer/id1036273183

It seems like it has all the songs from the last few specials, Last Day of Summer (duh), Night of the Living Pharmacists, The OWCA files, and Phineas and Ferb Save Summer.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Because of April Fools Day, Disney XD released a video where Stan Pines sings the theme song.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
That's the closest thing we will get in real life to a crossover between Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

I found this interesting Instagram post from Jon Colton Barry in regards to what the original plan for the Phineas And Ferb theatrical movie was (unrelated to the upcoming Disney+ movie). I'll copy and paste it just in case it's deleted:

n anticipation of the upcoming Disney+ “Phineas” movie (“Candace Against The Universe”), I was delighted to come across this item from 2011 back when I was asked to write the, then, current “Phineas” theatrical movie Disney was planning (no relation to the current one).⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Disney had just flat-out rejected a different, very original, silly, fun, “How far can we push this?” (therefore perfectly “Phineas”) idea that Dan, Swampy and I loved and about which we were extremely excited. Undaunted (and by “undaunted,” I mean totally daunted!), we went back to square one.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣A large part of the NEW story revolved around Doof’s old, established mentor, Dr. Destructicon - and we reveal that, unbeknownst to anyone, he had been, not only an OWCA agent, but “Agent” Monogram’s partner. He betrayed Monogram and almost destroyed OWCA by sabotaging their new, developing “animal agent” program.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Minutes before heading over to Disney features to pitch the new idea, I suddenly felt I needed something visual to help sell the concept. I asked the amazing Kyle Menke to quickly, on the fly, mock up a specific prop to use while pitching a highly dramatic character scene where Monogram stares at a (so far unseen) photo of him and his partner, beating himself up for not somehow realizing that his close friend and partner, Agent Destructicon had been secretly hiding a dark side and evil intentions. There HAD to have been SOMETHING he missed in the 15 years they were together - some clue he had somehow overlooked. Then we reveal the photo…⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Epilogue: The pitch worked, they signed off on the story, but events conspired against the film and it was not to be. Perhaps for the best. Either way, this drawing still makes me happy and remains a one of a kind, lost treasure from the “roller coaster” history of “Phineas & Ferb.”

ShadowBeast

I found this interesting Instagram post from Jon Colton Barry in regards to what the original plan for the Phineas And Ferb theatrical movie was (unrelated to the upcoming Disney+ movie). I'll copy and paste it just in case it's deleted:

n anticipation of the upcoming Disney+ “Phineas” movie (“Candace Against The Universe”), I was delighted to come across this item from 2011 back when I was asked to write the, then, current “Phineas” theatrical movie Disney was planning (no relation to the current one).⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Disney had just flat-out rejected a different, very original, silly, fun, “How far can we push this?” (therefore perfectly “Phineas”) idea that Dan, Swampy and I loved and about which we were extremely excited. Undaunted (and by “undaunted,” I mean totally daunted!), we went back to square one.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣A large part of the NEW story revolved around Doof’s old, established mentor, Dr. Destructicon - and we reveal that, unbeknownst to anyone, he had been, not only an OWCA agent, but “Agent” Monogram’s partner. He betrayed Monogram and almost destroyed OWCA by sabotaging their new, developing “animal agent” program.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Minutes before heading over to Disney features to pitch the new idea, I suddenly felt I needed something visual to help sell the concept. I asked the amazing Kyle Menke to quickly, on the fly, mock up a specific prop to use while pitching a highly dramatic character scene where Monogram stares at a (so far unseen) photo of him and his partner, beating himself up for not somehow realizing that his close friend and partner, Agent Destructicon had been secretly hiding a dark side and evil intentions. There HAD to have been SOMETHING he missed in the 15 years they were together - some clue he had somehow overlooked. Then we reveal the photo…⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Epilogue: The pitch worked, they signed off on the story, but events conspired against the film and it was not to be. Perhaps for the best. Either way, this drawing still makes me happy and remains a one of a kind, lost treasure from the “roller coaster” history of “Phineas & Ferb.”
I would've watched that. It sounds like a great backstory.
I think a problem with it though, is that it would take place before Phineas and Ferb were even born and a lot of the known cast wouldn't be usable.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts