Phineas & Ferb Series Talkback (SPOILERS)

Phineas77

God of War
I thought that “Tip Of The Day” was alright, but they are usually a lot better at throwing curveballs when it comes to Dr. Doofenshmirtz incidentally interfering with Phineas and Ferb’s day. I guess that was sort of the joke, as Dr. Doofenshmirtz spent a decent amount of time specifically mentioning that whatever he thought of would be removed from the mind of everybody in the tri-state area, but I wasn’t too fond of it. I also felt that Candace’s antics were taken a bit too far. Regardless, I did like the bizarre plot; its out-of-the-box nature is something that “Phineas & Ferb” handles quite well.

Also, I think this was one of Perry’s least active episode. He didn’t really do much of anything, as he was stuck in a stasis field.
I also thought "Tip of the Day" was "okay".......I mean, the premise of the episode based on the end of a sholelace. I was like "huh?" Even after watching it 3 times, I shake my head and wonder what the creators were thinkign when they made this episode. I agree with you also on Candace and the lack of action with regards to Perry.

I mean, it is not a great start to Season 2, IMO. I was hoping for a better start of Season 2. Oh well.

Super Sonic

Fastest Thing Alive
I believe "Out to Launch" was the Season 1 finale, which aired in December, since "Tip of the Day" is the first episode of Season 2.

Really? I remember hearing here that an episode titled "Phineas & Ferb Get Busted" was the title of the season premiere...

Misterian

I personally find Phineas and Ferb to be the best addittion to the Disney Universe since, well, the Aladdin Movie back in 1992.

It's characters are all solid, delightful, and at the same time, easy to relate to somehow.

the Art of the series is top-notch.

the only thing that bothers me about the show is the lack of any movie based on it, which was what usually began most of Disney's most popular and well-known francises. the DVD's containing episodes of the show, however, seems like a good way of faking it.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
Give Disney time. If P&F's popularity continues, I wouldn't be surprised if a movie was greenlit.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings

warnerbro7

pretty cute huh?
I haven't seen enough episodes of Phineas & Ferb to declare one my favorite.

Based on what I've seen, however, P&F is a cute show, but like you said, it's a bit formulaic: I actually think the idea behind P&F is better than the show itself. I'm not fond of the character designs, I'd like to see the occasional break from the show's "lather, rinse, repeat" story structure, the characters, most notably the titular stars, could stand to be fleshed out a little more (maybe the boys' plans could go awry once in a while, maybe sometimes they could actually get busted or they could disagree or a have a dispute over the pecking order once in a while just to mix things up), and I personally would enjoy the series a lot more if it weren't so overtly boy-centric; I'd have liked for one of the title duo to have been a girl rather than how the female characters are just relegated to the requisite supporting roles (the annoying sister, the girl-next-door with a crush one of the boys). I'm a big fan of Disney's Yin Yang Yo! (as evidenced by my current avatar), and I'd like to see Disney get off this 'boy-centric or girl-centric' kick they're currently on and start making more shows which are all-inclusive, with equal play among both genders.

Also, I'm probably in the minority here, but I personally think Perry's overdone. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK idea, but does every single story need a Perry plot running alongside of it? IMO, they should only trot the Agent Perry subplots out every once in a while, especially if they're not going to mix things up; why does Perry have to face the exact same advesary every time? It would be more entertaining if he faced different foes, like the "Dial 'M' for Monkey" shorts on Dexter's Laboratory.

But all nitpicks aside, Phineas & Ferb could be much worse. It's not my favorite current Disney cartoon (as prviously stated, YYY currently holds that title), but it's at least a premise with promise.

i agree the charcters are not to charming and the plots formuliac but at least the show itsnt a dud:)

J!!!

You're such a little kid~
Sorry to bump this but XD is having there 5th P and F marathon on Monday but like the last one it ends with a new episdode

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
“Phineas & Ferb Get Busted” was just a dream. I had expected as much, but part of me had hoped that the series would have finally gotten over that hurdle; their father already knows about what they do, so why can’t their mother? Oh well. I did like the twist at the end, with the dream having been Perry’s all along.

chdr

“Phineas & Ferb Get Busted” was just a dream. I had expected as much, but part of me had hoped that the series would have finally gotten over that hurdle; their father already knows about what they do, so why can’t their mother? Oh well. I did like the twist at the end, with the dream having been Perry’s all along.
Meh :shrug:

I kinda expected that to happen, only I thought that the Doofenshmirtz-Perry subplot would have ended with the parents getting hit with an amnesia ray.

J!!!

I wish I could have seen it but I am still at my relatives house:sad: Any reshowings in the near future

catlove390

Yeah, I kind of wanted it not to be a dream too. I liked the episode though! It was exciting to see a new episode! :D And it was also exciting to see Candace and Jeremy working together! HOT DOG! :D I also wonder if, since Candace has dreamed about Jeremy proposing to her in two episodes in the series so far..(Bowl-R-Rama Drama and this here new one, Phineas and Ferb get busted), I just wonder if in any point in time in the series soon, that Jeremy really WILL propose to her...and it WON'T be a dream.....Hmmmmm.....I just wonder.....

Cat

RonDrakenfan17

Luffy fan
I liked the episode. While it was sad what they did to P+F just cuz they have great imagination it was a fun episode. Even if it was only a dream there were some fun parts in it like Candace and Jeremy working together to help her brothers that was cute. I admit I support them ok :p
I also liked seeing flashbacks of her brothers and her, the song was cute and touching kind of made me want to cry a bit. It hit me right here *Points to heart*
I thought the ending was just so random so I was like what the heck? But than it turned out to be a dream and I just knew some thing had to be up. Yah over all good episode, the next two episodes sounds really cool though.

J!!!

I saw yesterdays episode and I have to say I likes the twist at the end.
And the one that came on today really showed that bejing was a nerd:p

mojokingbee1

I can't help but think that Doofenshmirtz constantly losing to a baking soda volcano was a tongue-in-cheek response to P&F losing at the Emmys.

Poweranimals

Invincible
Today's episode was hillarious with Candace as the Queen of Mars. Perry and Dr. D shopping together was great too. Especially when they awkwardly bumped into the chief and Carl.

J!!!

I like how this one takes place in the middle of the last new episode

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts