Phineas and Ferb movie on hold?

wammyguide

Apparently, Disney announced on Friday that Phineas and Ferb, which was supposed to be released next year, was removed from their release schedule. I guess that meant that it was cancelled, yet I heard that Dan Povenmire said it was "put on hold". So is it cancelled, or is still in production, yet just going to be released on an unknown date?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Apparently, Disney announced on Friday that Phineas and Ferb, which was supposed to be released next year, was removed from their release schedule. I guess that meant that it was cancelled, yet I heard that Dan Povenmire said it was "put on hold". So is it cancelled, or is still in production, yet just going to be released on an unknown date?
I guess that the movie will never release! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ShadowBeast

Well that's Disney for you, they don't care about cartoons just money and I'm guessing the live-action garbage they spew out is cheaper.
Watch give it about ten years and Pixar will be the only animation they'll have and in a few more years not even that.

Dudley

Staff member
Well that's Disney for you, they don't care about cartoons just money and I'm guessing the live-action garbage they spew out is cheaper.
Watch give it about ten years and Pixar will be the only animation they'll have and in a few more years not even that.

Overreact, much?
One animated film (that's not even produced by their feature animation division) being put on hold, is not a sign of them shutting down any animation studio.

ILDC

Overreact, much?
One animated film (that's not even produced by their feature animation division) being put on hold, is not a sign of them shutting down any animation studio.
People are just still sore there are no 2D films in the works, and Tron Uprising got canceled after one season.

ShadowBeast

Overreact, much?
It's not just this movie, Disney treats their cartoons like garbage by giving them only two seasons and barely advertising them after the first season making sure the cartoon fails enough to not be renewed and then they keep their focus on the live-action garbage.
Phineas and Ferb seems to be the only cartoon that has gotten past Disney's two season limit and hopefully Gravity Falls but with Disney we won't know till after it's second season.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
It's not just this movie, Disney treats their cartoons like garbage by giving them only two seasons and barely advertising them after the first season making sure the cartoon fails enough to not be renewed and then they keep their focus on the live-action garbage.
Phineas and Ferb seems to be the only cartoon that has gotten past Disney's two season limit and hopefully Gravity Falls but with Disney we won't know till after it's second season.
Fish Hooks has a third season. And note that there's always the possiblity that Wander Over Yonder and/or Star and the Forces of Evil could get 3 seasons or more. And keep in mind that Walt Disney Animation Studios has not one, not two, but six animated movies coming, Pixar has seven, and with the addition of Marvel and Lucasfilm, there's more potential for animated series on these properties; there's already a new Star Wars series coming out after all. ShadowBeast, Disney will have animation around and keep it safe and successful for a long time.

ILDC

I thought Disney lifted its strict "65 episodes" rule after Eisner left, and let Kim Possible have another season.

Fish Hooks has a third season. And note that there's always the possiblity that Wander Over Yonder and/or Star and the Forces of Evil could get 3 seasons or more. And keep in mind that Walt Disney Animation Studios has not one, not two, but six animated movies coming, Pixar has seven, and with the addition of Marvel and Lucasfilm, there's more potential for animated series on these properties; there's already a new Star Wars series coming out after all. ShadowBeast, Disney will have animation around and keep it safe and successful for a long time.
Disney DID end Star Wars: The Clone Wars and "postpone" Detours, though.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

Yeah I don't think any of that is true. In fact, I think Disney does a better job with TV animation these days than Cartoon Network.

ShadowBeast

I thought Disney lifted its strict "65 episodes" rule after Eisner left, and let Kim Possible have another season.

Kim Possible got another season because like PnF was popular enough and most likely because Disney got enough emails and petitions to give KP fans another season.
As for the "65 episodes" rule I've heard they stopped that too but unless the cartoon is super-popular enough the show will only get 1-2 seasons of 26 episodes per season which equals to 52 episodes instead(though some shows will get less/more episodes per season).

Dudley

Staff member

No network is going to invest in promoting a show or keeping it going if the ratings are poor. Animation is too expensive for that. If a cartoon's not getting good ratings from the get go, chances are its not going to last long.
Just like what happened with Motorcity.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Are you kidding me Cartoonnetwork's cartoons get more seasons and they even release dvds more often then Disney.
True for some. However, that's not always the case. Several of their cartoons were short-lived or did not complete their story arcs. Examples include Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, Robot Jones, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, Robotomy, Squirrel Boy, Sym-Bionic Titan, Mike, Lu, & Og, Sheep in the Big City, Juniper Lee, Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, the list goes on!

ILDC

No network is going to invest in promoting a show or keeping it going if the ratings are poor. Animation is too expensive for that. If a cartoon's not getting good ratings from the get go, chances are its not going to last long.
To be fair, that show never seemed to get much advertising.

ShadowBeast

So what's their excuse for canceling Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? Last I remembered it was very popular and they aired almost everyday for it's first season but with it's second they aired it only at night once/twice a week and barely advertised it.
And don't try telling me Avengers Assembled is a continuation because it's not since they got rid of half the cast and changed the voice-actors.

ILDC

So what's their excuse for canceling Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? Last I remembered it was very popular and they aired almost everyday for it's first season but with it's second they aired it only at night once/twice a week and barely advertised it.
And don't try telling me Avengers Assembled is a continuation because it's not since they got rid of half the cast and changed the voice-actors.
Basically they wanted a show more like the movie.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Earth's Mightiest Heroes was made before the head of Marvel Animation decided to start fresh with all their animated series, and since the head, named Jeph Loeb, wanted a series that was closer to the 2012 movie, Earth's Mightiest Heroes was cancelled to be replaced with Avengers Assemble, which was made by the same studio working on Ultimate Spider-Man.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts