Philippe Dauman Leaving Viacom CEO Role

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
In news that could change the future of Nickelodeon, Deadline says a deal has been reached between Sumner Redstone and Philippe Dauman that will see Dauman leave as Viacom CEO. What is noteworthy is that while Nickelodeon itself has been on the rebound over the past year, Viacom, its parent company, has not, as its stock has done poorly against other rival entertainment companies.

So what does that mean for Nickelodeon's future? That depends on who the next CEO of Viacom will be, and whether or not he or she will want to retain Cyma Zarghami, the current president of Nickelodeon. At the moment, it would easy to say since Nick is on a ratings rebound, she could keep her job, but sometimes, new CEOs want to put in different people, so that could be a factor down the road.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
Viacom/Nick have really been losing a lot of people this year, and the number just keeps on going, I really don't think much will change at least for the meanwhile given Nick itself has been doing fairly well.

jaylop97

Staff member
I really like the sound of this new president, I hope he does assist in the building of a better Nick.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Unless Nick continues to get more good cartoons for themselves, I can't say I care all that much. Just sounds like another golden parachute deal to me, which sucks for us common folk.

The day I'm not saying "GOOD RIDDANCE" to these people is the day someone's doing things right for us common folk in the business world.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts