Paramount reissuing Hey Arnold and Rocko's Modern Life on DVD

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
hey-arnold-ultimate-collection-and-rockos-modern-life-ultimate-collection-post.jpg

Paramount Home Entertainment will be releasing "Hey Arnold: the Ultimate Collection" and will be re-releasing "Rocko's Modern Life: the Complete Series" on DVD on November 20. Both shows were originally released on DVD by Shout! Factory as far back as 2011, but those sets have since gone out of print as far as I can tell.

Bonus features for Rocko's Modern Life: the Complete Series:
  • “Trash-O-Madness” Original Pilot Version
  • Behind the Characters with Joe Murray (x4): Rocko / Heffer / Filburt / The Bigheads
  • Commentary by Joe Murray on select episodes
  • “Wacky Delly” Live 2012
Bonus features for Hey Arnold: the Ultimate Collection:
  • Hey Arnold! The Pilot
  • Original Claymation Short: Arnold Escapes from Church
  • Drawing Arnold!
  • The Jungle Movie: Table Read
  • Unboxing the Original Jungle Movie Development Art
Complete ‘Rocko’ & ‘Hey Arnold’ Sets Arriving Nov. 20 | Animation Magazine

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Gah, why must they do this when I already have the complete Hey Arnold DVD set from Shout Factory...the pilot being an extra is a deal breaker for me

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Gah, why must they do this when I already have the complete Hey Arnold DVD set from Shout Factory...the pilot being an extra is a deal breaker for me
In my case, I never owned the original Shout! sets for Hey Arnold, so I might pick Paramount's set up, especially since it includes both movies. However, I own all four seasons of Rocko individually, and since Paramount's new set has nothing more to offer than what Shout! put out initially beyond shiny new cover art, I'll pass on it.

Pac-Attack

I knew something was up with the Shout Nicktoons when I noticed Amazon didn't have stock of the CatDog set anymore, hell the Wal-Marts don't seem to have a bunch of them anymore.

I own all those sets anyways, but I had a feeling something like this would happen. But man, I wish I didn't have the Shout! Factory Arnold set + the movies already because that set seems really cool.

I do wonder when they'll get around the other Shout shows though along with the rest of Rugrats (and Doug, the MOD sets went out print around the same time as Rugrats and they haven't announced anything).

Here's a fun fact: Remember those Nick Rewind DVD sets from Paramount that went nowhere in the mid-2000s that included one season of Clarissa and almost all of Pete and Pete? Seems Rocko's Modern Life was next in line, but looks like plans fell through probably for the same reason the last Pete and Pete set was never released.
345438_oqnvyE0LO6NdwUSqImg9g_F3Q.png

This came from Coroflot, a site that has portfolios from many graphic designers. This one came from Jennifer Bender, she's also designed the DVD art for other Nick shows like Avatar and SpongeBob. Nickelodeon Packaging

SG-17

Huh. I just got the complete Hey Arnold Box Set from Amazon last year, along with both movies. That was only about $30 in total while this one is $50.

This one was on sale for $20 last year.

Unless this new one is remastered its not worth it.

Insomnia

Nice, but tbh I was hoping nick would release those German SD Blu-ray sets here in the states but oh well. Also I think it's safe to assume Invader Zim is next since all we have currently in print now are those terrible MOD sets and maybe the one Operation Doom compilation set.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
The German Blu-ray sets are still the DVD-quality copies, just placed onto Blu-ray discs as they hold more content per disc.

Zeether

HASSHA!!
The German Blu-ray sets are still the DVD-quality copies, just placed onto Blu-ray discs as they hold more content per disc.
Yeah, SD BDs are a thing now here too, mostly from anime companies like Discotek and Sentai. The other advantage is Blu-rays are supposedly more durable than DVD.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
This is great and bad at the same time because I like the Rocko's Modern Life repackaging and my complete series season 4 disc 2 doesn't work so I can replace it. But at the same time I hate how I may have to spend extra money just for another copy of the same thing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts