Paramount Network to become Paramount Movie Network

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
Variety is reporting that Paramount Network will be rebranded as Paramount Movie Network. They are going to focus on Made for TV movies, hoping to go with 52 a year. They also want to do once per quarter mini series. They are also going to be canceling all their reality shows, two of them will be changing channels that's Lip Sync Battle and Bar Rescue. "Yellowstone" is staying because they are going to give up a high rated series like that. They will still have some other scripted series as well.

Here's that rebrand tally board
1. The Nashville Network
2. TNN
3. The National Network :TNN
4. The New TNN
5. Spike TV
6. Spike
7. Paramount Network
8. Paramount Movie Network

Paramount Network Rebrands, Doubles Down on Movies and Minis (EXCLUSIVE)

PF9

Paramount Movie Network should also be used as an outlet for cable sports broadcasts produced by CBS Sports that are too high in profile to air on CBS Sports Network.

It could be involved in a possible acquisition of NHL rights by Viacom.

It could also be how CBS Sports returns to producing Major League Baseball games.

Not to mention some college sports.

Overall I'd like CBS Sports to produce telecasts for more Viacom networks.

ESPN should also produce more sports telecasts for Freeform, FX and FXX (some of which would have no room to air on other ESPN linear channels).

Likewise, NBC Sports should produce more sports telecasts on NBCUniversal's entertainment cable channels.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
In the Netherlands and Flanders, Spike launched in 2015 and it is still called Spike, unfortunately :(

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Italy has both Spike and Paramount Network, we win something?

zeebre12

You'd think they would keep it as Paramount Network when it will still be airing series as well as movies?

Ghoster1987

howdy
I wish they put United in front of Paramount Network so it's initials would be UPN.

No i'm kidding

But no seriously that's honesly not surprising since the Viacom-CBS re-merger what's the point of having Paramount Network when you now re-acquired Showtime and that's a more successful network. Also it's hard to make a new cable network in the time when Streaming dramatically eclipsed Cable.

harry580

I wish they put United in front of Paramount Network so it's initials would be UPN.

No i'm kidding

But no seriously that's honesly not surprising since the Viacom-CBS re-merger what's the point of having Paramount Network when you now re-acquired Showtime and that's a more successful network. Also it's hard to make a new cable network in the time when Streaming dramatically eclipsed Cable.
um sorry, the united name was from bhc communcitons, the murdoch's fox news coproration bought bhc communcitons meant they own the united trademark
viacom tried to rebrand upn as paramount network but due to reasons like the 2005 viacom cbs split, the plans went out and upn is merged with the wb to form the cw, for paramount network, i can see pop tv rebrand to paramount network in a event where sony gets pop kids to the usa

LinusFan303

They could have just kept the Paramount network name , but change the focus to what their plans are here, it would have made some sense, but ViacomCBS is weird. I don't know what they are going to do with Pop TV , it had a focus under CBS ,now it's a small fish in a big Viacom pond. They could make one of their digital rerun channels like Logo or MTV 2 into a Paramount Comedy , that'd be fun.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
TBH, I wonder what happens to the surviving Paramount Channel that never became Paramount Network (those two are in France and Poland, btw).
In fact, the ViacomCBS website doesn't name that (so doesn't name the other very minor brands: Spike (still living in the Netherlands and in Italy), Paramount Comedy (the brand is still used in Russia for some reason), Super! (exclusive to Italy) and Game One + J-One (exclusive to France)).

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Variety is reporting that Paramount Network will be rebranded as Paramount Movie Network. They are going to focus on Made for TV movies, hoping to go with 52 a year. They also want to do once per quarter mini series.

They are also going to be canceling all their reality shows, while two of them, Lip Sync Battle and Bar Rescue, will be changing channels. "Yellowstone" is staying because they are not going to give up a high rated series like that. They will still have some other scripted series as well.

Here's that rebrand tally board
1. The Nashville Network
2. TNN
3. The National Network
4. The New TNN
5. Spike TV
6. Spike
7. Paramount Network
8. Paramount Movie Network

Paramount Network Rebrands, Doubles Down on Movies and Minis (EXCLUSIVE)
Well, that's unexpected but at least, Lip Sync Battle's future is safe, ableit on a different network.

MegasMilo379

Poppin.
I first I thought this rebrand and new movie programming direction was odd (the current name fits just as well). But after reading an article about it and thinking a bit, the new switchup does make a lot of sense. Movies already take up most of the schedule, and it is named after the second-oldest and strongly-recognized film brand in the world. So what's airing some more?

Plus, they have the cash to create the new TV-movies and miniseries to last at least the first few years (there's enough from the South Park and Yellowstone streaming deals alone) -- even though a new movie literally every week of the year (all 52 of 'em) is a strange undertaking.

The parent company can easily shift the sitcom reruns to TV Land, Pop, Comedy Central, Nick@Nite or whatever. I'm sure Lip Sync Battle and Bar Rescue will fit perfect wherever they go (LSB to MTV obvs, BR to CMT is my guess). And since keeping Yellowstone (it's biggest ever hit) is a no-brainer, I think this could work as long as the film quality is at least good and promotion is consistent.

Again, quite an undertaking, but I'm optimistic this could work, at least in the short term.

kanc

So I guess Seinfeld won't likely be airing in Paramount after all due to rebrand

LinusFan303

They must have also seen how well Hallmark Channel does in ratings with their movies (and they do more than 52 a year and on 2 channels )and somewhat Lifetime as well, and thought instead of trying to make new original series and worry if they don't gain traction, make a bunch of original content movies and mini series and invest in some series they already have.
I'm not sure they need to change the name, the new name is more a mouthful than the current.

So I guess Seinfeld won't likely be airing in Paramount after all due to rebrand
In theory, they could still air sitcoms, other movie based channels do air sitcoms like AMC, IFC, so, but we all know how Viacom likes to spread shows around. It would be smart to put it on Comedy Central though.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think this is the first time he responded to a tweet from this account.

Also, this came out.

Updated my avatar to Pan Am Railways, which has just been acquired by CSX.
Check out my sig, would you? I realize at this stage of the game I don't want people to read Gilda & Meek & The Un-Iverse because I want money or fame. I wouldn't have posted 34 free issues on a blog if I did. The Aspie in me simply feels that it's really the only way for another person to fully understand me. That matters to me.

Ever wonder what makes Fone Bone tick? Check out the sig.
Wow! Something was updated to represent a beloved tradition in a sweet way? Oh the HORROR!!! :O :O Hershey's Kisses’ classic Christmas bells ad got a makeover — and people are outraged
DuckTales was canceled? Why is it that despite the fact that I didn't love the show I'm super annoyed anyways?

It turns out I dislike crushing potential as much as I do quality.