Open discussion: What if The Hub Network was a successful competitor(after 2014)?

JMTV Studios

This might be an unpopular opinion of mine, but I actually I do like the 'Making Family Fun' branding of The Hub Network in 2014.

When I first saw The Hub's Making Family Fun branding back In late January of 2014 when I watched MLP G4 Season 4 on TV at the time, I never really thought much of it other than it looks okay but not as a good as their previous brandings. However, many years later, when The Hub turned 10 years old, I came back to watch the old promos including the 2014 bumpers on YouTube.

I gotta say, the 2014 bumpers really did grew on me. I really do like it's style on trying to be a family friendly network but also give an edge to it. The usage of colorful and simplistic graphic design looks really good. The bumpers featuring quotes from Hasbro and Hub Originals characters were very unique and original. Finally, the whole 'making family fun' motto was a pretty catchy and fitting theme for The Hub. Granted, it maybe a downgrade compared to initial look, but it's heart was in the right place.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 2010 initial branding of The Hub. I really do. It holds near and dear to my heart. But, what I'm saying is the Making Family Fun brand of The Hub Network was very unique for it's time and it really does deserve a second chance. I'm aware that people felt the 2014 bumpers weren't as good as the the previous bumpers and so is myself, but hey I'll rather had this over Discovery Family 2014 bumpers any day. Hell, I'll much rather had that over the Big Three Kids TV bumpers in 2014 anyday, especially Disney Channel.

With that said, I could see the Making Family Fun brand lasted much longer since 1. it had a lot of potential. And 2. Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks was advertised on The Hub (before Discovey Family took it over) and MLP Season 5 was green light by The Hub and Hasbro and aired in 2015. If The Hub brand were to lasts a bit longer, I could see MLP Season 5 aired on The Hub Network's name than Discovery Family's.

(sighs) if only Discovery cares about The Hub since the very beginning...

Last edited:

Streaker Prower

Here's My Blocks for The Hub in 2020 (If it was a successful competitor)

Blocks:​

Hubbub: Weekday Morning Preschool Block
HuBoom! "Powered by Viz Media": Saturday Night Action Block
HuBijou: Movie Block
The 90s Are All That: Nostalgia Block
Hub OverNight: Adult Block

Seasonal Blocks:​

Hub-Ween: October/Halloween Themed Block
Kickoff to HubMas: Novembers Christmas Themed Block
Merry HubMas: Christmas Themed Block

JMTV Studios

Here's My Blocks for The Hub in 2020 (If it was a successful competitor)

Blocks:​

Hubbub: Weekday Morning Preschool Block
HuBoom! "Powered by Viz Media": Saturday Night Action Block
HuBijou: Movie Block
The 90s Are All That: Nostalgia Block
Hub OverNight: Adult Block

Seasonal Blocks:​

Hub-Ween: October/Halloween Themed Block
Kickoff to HubMas: Novembers Christmas Themed Block
Merry HubMas: Christmas Themed Block
That's neat. ;)

Streaker Prower

That's neat. ;)
Thanks, and This Version of the Hub, is the Channel that is now “In Real Life” Freeform, Because “In The AU of the ViacomCBS version of The Hub”, on The Day that Discovery Aqquired an Extra 10% of The Hub, Viacom Bought ABC Family from Disney and Made a Deal with Hasbro to Bring both of their Libaries and Move the Shows on Hub Network that were still Running New Episodes (MLP and what ever Hasbro Show on Hub that was Running at The Time) to An All New Hub Network, Including the Move of the Pokémon Franchise from Cartoon Network after XYZ ended, to The Hub Durning the Sun & Moon Anime

JMTV Studios

Thanks, and This Version of the Hub, is the Channel that is now “In Real Life” Freeform, Because “In The AU of the ViacomCBS version of The Hub”, on The Day that Discovery Aqquired an Extra 10% of The Hub, Viacom Bought ABC Family from Disney and Made a Deal with Hasbro to Bring both of their Libaries and Move the Shows on Hub Network that were still Running New Episodes (MLP and what ever Hasbro Show on Hub that was Running at The Time) to An All New Hub Network, Including the Move of the Pokémon Franchise from Cartoon Network after XYZ ended, to The Hub Durning the Sun & Moon Anime
That's cool.

JMTV Studios

Here's another idea that I had in mind: What if we live alternative universe that The Hub Network were to stayed as a network block and Discovery Family were to announced as a network block taking over Hub's primetime for families?

Kinda reminds me of Noggin and The N from back in the day in which Noggin came out in 1999 as a kids and tween edutaiment channel. Until 2002, Noggin rebrand themselves as a preschool channel block, while The N, a channel block that was geared towards teens, took over Noggin's primetime slot.

I wished Discovery were to done the same thing that Viacom with Noggin and The N in which they kept The Hub Network as a kids block for mornings and afternoons and have Discovery Family be a primetime block for families, so that way, everyone can be happy.

Hub Family Concept.jpg

(I drew this picture from Sketchbook, and create a brand new logo for Discovery Family because it needed a massive makeover, so I thought it looks nice)

harry580

Here's another idea that I had in mind: What if we live alternative universe that The Hub Network were to stayed as a network block and Discovery Family were to announced as a network block taking over Hub's primetime for families?

Kinda reminds me of Noggin and The N from back in the day in which Noggin came out in 1999 as a kids and tween edutaiment channel. Until 2002, Noggin rebrand themselves as a preschool channel block, while The N, a channel block that was geared towards teens, took over Noggin's primetime slot.

I wished Discovery were to done the same thing that Viacom with Noggin and The N in which they kept The Hub Network as a kids block for mornings and afternoons and have Discovery Family be a primetime block for families, so that way, everyone can be happy.

View attachment 287282

(I drew this picture from Sketchbook, and create a brand new logo for Discovery Family because it needed a massive makeover, so I thought it looks nice)
you know what, that would work

The Overlord

I think the Hub was doomed from the start if this scenario relies on Netflix not becoming a big thing, streaming is the biggest change in media disruption since the VHS tape, it was going to happen whether Netflix started it or someone else did.

JMTV Studios

I think the Hub was doomed from the start if this scenario relies on Netflix not becoming a big thing, streaming is the biggest change in media disruption since the VHS tape, it was going to happen whether Netflix started it or someone else did.
Eh, true, but I still love The Hub nonetheless.

Last edited:

Streaker Prower

View attachment 287282

Your inspiration for Discovery Family is both the Current logos of Discovery Kids (Latin America) and The Canadian Family Channel

Streaker Prower

View attachment 287282

will The Hub Network Air More on Fridays and Saturdays "Just Like Nick's 9PM End Time on Fridays and Saturdays (Excluding the Occasional Unpromoted and Nick@Nite Branded New Episode of All That at 9:00PM and Nick@Nite Branded SpongeBob Marathon)"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Ordered a drawing board and wooden ruler off Amazon. My Dad's bringing them over on Friday. Itching to try them both. The artwork in The Un-Iverse is about to get a LOT straighter!
Since it will be my birthday in 2 days' time, I've decided to virtually slice my profile picture as a birthday cake and give 12 slices, one is kept to me, one to Bloo and 10 slices to my favorite AS members.
I've been playing a ton of "Pac-Man 99" on the Nintendo Switch lately. Still can't seem to get above Rank #30 in a match....

EDIT: And yes, I'm enjoying it more than "Super Mario Bros. 35".
I just love the reactions to this comment, with some people playing along and others being like "Wait, what?"

I'm one of those Star Wars fans that never hated the Prequel Trilogy and felt it got more hate than it deserved. It wasn't perfect but neither was the Original Trilogy and I felt it did have its strengths.

Featured Posts