One Year Since Toonami's Final Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

animePWNS

A Smashing Reunion
I tried searching for this subject to see if any else posted a thread, but couldn't find one (plus the Toonami section seems to be gone for good). So I decided to mention this here:

It was a year ago on this very day when Toonami aired its final broadcast and TOM sailed off into the sunset with a "Bang". Shocked at first, I eventually moved on, still getting my anime fix from other outlets like Adult Swim, Syfy and DVD rentals and purchases; however, Toonami still holds a place in my heart. After all, it got me into Gundam, DBZ, Outlaw Star, Ruruouni Kenshin and other series (most of which now hold spots in my DVD collection:)). And even when the shows and packaging were becoming lackluster, it was still a shock to me that one of the greatest animation blocks in my life had been cancelled (and I first saw the news just minutes into the broadcast).

I've mentioned my memories before in other threads like Gundam Wing--first program I ever watched on the block, game reviews (especially Drop Zone with its "?" rating:anime:), bumpers, quotes from TOM and "The Big Guy", slogging through Naruto filler (not al my memories were good ones), and more. What thoughts or memories do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Of the 3 Madagascar shows we have, All Hail King Julien stands out with its title and location. Unlike The Penguins Of Madagascar and Madagascar: A Little Wild, this one takes place on Madagascar while the others are in New York through an alternate continuity. Conversely, AHKJ is the only one to not have Madagascar in the title.
R.I.P. to musicians Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Beck, Bogert & Appice) and Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls). Both passed away on January 13.
Will Disney Junior survive on television? The short answer is yes.

CNC
Here's another weekly ideal CN schedule I made, for next week. No longer a "snooze button" all week long.

"There's no such thing as a perfect episode."

[Rewatches Bunny Raven]

"Nevermind."

Featured Posts