One Piece Manga 582+: "The New Era Begins!" (Spoilers)

Keiichi

Prof Lurker
Previous Talkback Thread

Early Spoilers

Two weeks have passed, and Luffy is recovering.
Iva and co head to Kamabakka.
Flashback of 10 years ago inserted, and Dadan is shown.
Carly Dadan. Probably female.
End.

Gonzales

I guess Crocodile and Buggy aren't coming back. Sad.

I was hoping they'd stick around for a while longer.

MOD EDIT: Spoiler tags, please

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Well, there's your big timeskip guys! Two weeks. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

FireStarterLE

You don't want to see us mad
I bet during one of those two weeks Luffy was out of it ... he had a birthday, so now he's 18, and the war was his last adventure as a 17 year old!!!

;)
MOD EDIT: Spoiler tags, please

Funkatron

As with previous manga talkback threads, I would like to remind everyone to use spoiler tags while discussing not yet released chapters. Not doing so will result in pokes and warnings.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Originally posted byGonzales
I guess Crocodile and Buggy aren't coming back. Sad.

I was hoping they'd stick around for a while longer.

Uh

Why would you think they would stay around longer? They weren't in the last chapter. Last I recall in fact, Buggy had given Luffy his straw hat back, only to find out he had been tricked by Shanks, and Crocodile was fighting Akainu with the whitebeard pirates. They weren't with Luffy or anything so who exactly would they be sticking around with anyway?

Okay checking the One Piece Wiki

Dadan is the indvidual Garp entrusted to look after Ace and later Luffy in Fuschia Village. Nothing has been known (not even Dadan's gender) until now, so I'm guessing we're going to be heading into a small Luffy or Ace flashback to know about Dadan, who I'm guessing we'll be making her reappearence into the series soon.

LordTerminal

The old-school DK is back!
So Iva's heading towards Kamabakka? :D Methinks we're getting an update on Sanji's current condition soon.

Radical

Banned
Great chapter along with a special flashback,

Cool that the awesome Marineford saga is over & now the next new awesome saga begins.Cool with Ivankov, Inazuma, & the New Kamas heading back to Kamabakka Kingdom, goodbye you guys, you were awesome on helping Luffy building up his new team to rescue Ace!!!!!!Poor Luffy is awoke, still in the middle of recovering screaming for Ace.Boa is hot, but so hilarious for her love for Luffy, hehehe.Trafalgar Law's crew loving the Amazons & Bepo's line about female bears was hilarious, which there is a Pandawoman for you Bepo, hehehe.Poor Luffy, I'll really feel bad for him after having an emotional breakdown:(, but his emotional facial expressions are amazing from Oda.A cool flashback of Luffy's past takes place 10 years ago begins, young Luffy looks cute, cool to see more of Garp, they finally introduced Curly Dadan who's a great new female character who's Luffy/Ace's foster mother, & both young Luffy/Ace's first meeting is gonna be sweet.So Ivankov is heading back to his home island, I guess this means, he'll be meeting with poor Sanji pretty soon & the flashback showing more of Luffy's past is gonna get interesting which they'll show more of young Luffy & Ace of their brotherly bond while I'm still sad on Ace's epic death.

Last edited by a moderator:

ensatsu-ken

"Come and get it!"
So, it looks as though Invankov might meet up with Sanji, since I think that the island he's headed to is the same island that Sanji got sent to by Kuma. If that's the case, then Sanji may learn of Luffy's whereabouts and try to reunite with him before heading to Sabaody Archipelago. That might be an interesting development. In fact, in all actuality, I think that it would be a bit more interesting to see Luffy reunite with his crew one to a few at a time, rather than all at once, so that we can seem them trade a little bit of their stories of what happened to them after being sent away by Kuma, one at a time, but admittedly that might drag things out way too long, so Oda probably won't go that route. Its just a thought on my part, though.

O-chan

So, it looks as though Invankov might meet up with Sanji, since I think that the island he's headed to is the same island that Sanji got sent to by Kuma. If that's the case, then Sanji may learn of Luffy's whereabouts and try to reunite with him before heading to Sabaody Archipelago. That might be an interesting development. In fact, in all actuality, I think that it would be a bit more interesting to see Luffy reunite with his crew one to a few at a time, rather than all at once, so that we can seem them trade a little bit of their stories of what happened to them after being sent away by Kuma, one at a time, but admittedly that might drag things out way too long, so Oda probably won't go that route. Its just a thought on my part, though.

First off, on the whole "timeskip" deal I still think there's going to be some type of big event coming up. I don't think Oda would be as cheap as the whole "two weeks passed and Luffy's birthday just happened to fall during that time", and also I believe that at least short breaths of time have passed in the series before, usually between arcs.

As far as the reuniting one by one deal everything that has occurred indicates that Oda has pretty much hit the reset button in the series. I don't think the reunion would be as long as say, The East Blue arc. But I do think the build up to the crew reuniting would probably be a small arc of sorts and probably occur while other major story events are happening.

O-chan

[xspoiler=Spoiler Pictures]
o0480085410505725830.jpg

o0480085410505725847.jpg

o0480085410505725852.jpg

Seems we're in store for the story of how Luffy and Ace came to regard each other as brothers. I shed tears already. :([/xspoiler]

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Damn what a sad chapter. Luffy agony over losing Ace brought a tear to my eye :crying:. Intereting to note Luffy got his Devil Fruit powers before he meet Ace. Funny I thought he and Ace already knew each other before he got them. Also I am surprised Garp left Ace and Luffy with a criminal like Culry Dadan. And he wonder why they ended up becoming pirates.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Originally posted by ShadowGUN
Intereting to note Luffy got his Devil Fruit powers before he meet Ace. Funny I thought he and Ace already knew each other before he got them.

Nope, that was actually established during Ace's introdcution in the middle of Alabasta. He told his crew mates that he never was able to beat Ace when he was young, even though he had Gum Gum powers. So this actually follows the continuity. If it was revealed that Luffy knew Ace had Mera Mera powers when he was young THAT would against continuity, since Luffy only knew that in Alabasta.

Also I am surprised Garp left Ace and Luffy with a criminal like Culry Dadan. And he wonder why they ended up becoming pirates.

It was also established Luffy and Ace met and spent time together after Luffy met Shanks (since you can see Luffy's scar, which in the original manga was gotten during the time he spent with Shanks) so obviously that's what inspired Luffy and Ace was inspired by trying to figure out his own destiny. So it's not like Dadan was an even worse influence on them or anything.

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Nope, that was actually established during Ace's introdcution in the middle of Alabasta. He told his crew mates that he never was able to beat Ace when he was young, even though he had Gum Gum powers. So this actually follows the continuity. If it was revealed that Luffy knew Ace had Mera Mera powers when he was young THAT would against continuity, since Luffy only knew that in Alabasta.

It was also established Luffy and Ace met and spent time together after Luffy met Shanks (since you can see Luffy's scar, which in the original manga was gotten during the time he spent with Shanks) so obviously that's what inspired Luffy and Ace was inspired by trying to figure out his own destiny. So it's not like Dadan was an even worse influence on them or anything.

What are you talking about? I was reffering to Luffy having his powers before he meets Ace (Oda even has Garp mention Luffy eating the fruit in this chapter). That has nothing to do with Ace beating Luffy or Ace having powers. As for Dadan having an influence or not in Ace and Luffy life I guess we will find out during this flashback.

RedNinja84

Hotness 2.0
So I was right about Amazon Lilly being where Luffy heals. Anyway, looks like we get a backstory on Luffy and Ace as kids. I guess we'll see how they got on the path to being pirates.

I'd say this is more about Ace's path to choosing to hit the seas rather than Luffy. More importantly, it's the story of how they became brothers. Oda threw us a curve this time, saving the flashback for after somebody done died.

I swear, if Akainu leads a fleet to destroy Amazon Lily, damn will that be a great showdown between those two.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts