Once and Future Thing on YTV tonight???

Karkull

Mod of Chaos
Hey, b.t., quick question and then I'll drop the whole, "Batman villain" line of questioning: are Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn off-limits as well? They're the only ones that apparently haven't been snatched up by the television show or the feature film.

Knight

Emerald Knight
GMahler said:
EDIT:
Someone over at the JLAnimated boards seems to think that there's an episode called "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" and describes the plot as involving a future version of Braniac invading the moon and taking it and then turning the moon into a machine. In the end, all that's left once the League stops him is a small operating center which is the size of a city so they decide to use it.

It sounds kind of...odd to me. It could happen, but its sort of out of the blue. I'm not pressuring any of our VIP members to confirm or deny anything, but a little cryptic remark might be helpful.
Yeah I went over to that board to read that and the guy saying it swears he has knows somebody at Warner Animation and that will indeed be a JLU ep. I guess only time will tell. It certainly has a somewhat interesting plot.

RAINMAN

Kikoutei Densetsu
Before I get hype up on flash return, he will have a major roll as in talking and more then 5 minute air time. Or we he get the same minor roll in the amazo ep?

Mackaybear

Never too old for this stuff
You know no matter what the plans are for Flash I'd really like to see a group of the Central City Rogues vs JLU somehow. The Rogue's are such a colorful, yet crafty bunch that I think it would be quite a blast.

But still I'd like to see Flash this season. But I'm amped about Wildcat's appearance. And hoping to see more of the JSA members appear in speaking parts. Even if not ID'd as JSA.

b.t.

GMahler said:
Someone over at the JLAnimated boards seems to think that there's an episode called "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" and describes the plot as involving a future version of Braniac invading the moon and taking it and then turning the moon into a machine. In the end, all that's left once the League stops him is a small operating center which is the size of a city so they decide to use it.

It sounds kind of...odd to me. It could happen, but its sort of out of the blue. I'm not pressuring any of our VIP members to confirm or deny anything, but a little cryptic remark might be helpful.

absolutely no truth to this "moon is a harsh mistress" rumor whatsoever....NONE. NADA. ZIP.

Lunchbox

b.t. said:
absolutely no truth to this "moon is a harsh mistress" rumor whatsoever....NONE. NADA. ZIP.
That makes me think it's either obviously fake or super true.

Squall

Calm Before The Storm
Lunchbox said:
Honestly, I hope it's obviously fake... that episode idea sounds waaay too SuperFriends-ish for my tastes...

DerekPowers

Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
Knight said:
I guess we should all feel lucky that Batman himself is even on JLU. Has there ever been new episodes of two different versions of the same character being aired at the same time? The guy stars in two totally differnt shows.

its not that weird, when you think about it. theyre different continuities AND theres so many bat titles in the comics happening at once, there really is no reason why there cant be multiple tv shows, all being able to use the characters.

i know most of the comics are in the same continuity, but some arent, and really, i dont see why the idea of batman characters appearing in jlu should cause any problems, but whatever.

anyway, wasnt there multiple ghostbuster shows happening at once? the real ghostbusters and the other one with that prime evil dude? i use to watch them both, but dont remember if the main characters were the same characters, so to speak. peace.

EJill34

b.t. said:
Ah, good to hear. Thanks, b.t.

It would have been kind of interesting though...well, actually, no it wouldn't.

Knight

Emerald Knight
Lunchbox said:
I dont think b.t. would ever straight out lie to us he never has. If there was any truth to it he probably wouldnt comment on it at all and just let us speculate.

Squall said:
Honestly, I hope it's obviously fake... that episode idea sounds waaay too SuperFriends-ish for my tastes...
How does it sound "superfriend-ish"? What exactly is a superfriends like plot and how does it realte to that particular one? Not that there is any truth in that plot or anything,just curious on what puts it further out there than most other plots that have run through the series.

DerekPowers said:
its not that weird, when you think about it. theyre different continuities AND theres so many bat titles in the comics happening at once, there really is no reason why there cant be multiple tv shows, all being able to use the characters.

i know most of the comics are in the same continuity, but some arent, and really, i dont see why the idea of batman characters appearing in jlu should cause any problems, but whatever.
I agree that they should all be able to use the same characters but obviously the big wigs dont think so.

As far as the comics they are a different form of media and they can have a character running around in multiple titles because the actual comic book company has more control in that area. With the animated shows we are dealing with a seperate entity.

anyway, wasnt there multiple ghostbuster shows happening at once? the real ghostbusters and the other one with that prime evil dude? i use to watch them both, but dont remember if the main characters were the same characters, so to speak. peace.
I dont think the characters were the same and the shows werent connected at all but like you its been a long time since I have seen them.

Lunchbox

DerekPowers said:
There were two Ghostbusters cartoons, but one had very little to do with the movie and sucked. Why do you think one was called "The Real Ghostbusters?"

nothing

d e s t r o y e d
GMahler said:
EDIT:

come on... the only place to get true spoilers is either [the sight that forbids itself from ever being mentioned at TZ] or here. i've yet to see anything substantial come from another source (save from personal websites). :sweat:

maxnugget

Avenger of evil and ignorance
Karkull said:
Hey, b.t., quick question and then I'll drop the whole, "Batman villain" line of questioning: are Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn off-limits as well? They're the only ones that apparently haven't been snatched up by the television show or the feature film.

You'd like to think WBA wouldn't tell them that Harley Quinn, a character created by the Timm/Dini team, and thus one that wouldn't even exist to be used by "The Batman" if not for them, would not be off-limits to JLU. I mean that would just be plain wrong. That actually makes me wonder...who owns the rights to the Harley Quinn character? Is it DC Comics? Is it Paul Dini?

On the other hand, if you can't use the Joker, that makes it a bit difficult to find a reason to put Harley Quinn in an episode...though Joker did seem like he was headed to the loony bin after his encounter with Ace. :)

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
How about we stop bugging him with endless questions. Some of them are a little... suspicious. Let's not get Mr. Timm into trouble with his bosses. If the WB suits have a reason for the Batman villain embargo then it's there decision, we have to deal with it. I sincerley doubt a petition/murdering execs will get us anywhere.

And DC Comics own the rights to Harley Quinn, she's technically part of the Bat-villains group.

However, it's been confirmed that
Dee Dee is appearing JLU, so we could see future Batman Beyond villains in some way, shape or form.

Karkull

Mod of Chaos
Hey, I just threw out the question, and b.t. can either choose to answer it or not with no hard feelings. I just find it...odd that Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn haven't been mentioned for either The Batman or Batman Begins. You never know...especially with Harley Quinn, who was originally created specifically for the DCAU. I had a vain hope that they could use her in a Suicide Squad episode or something.

Sorry, sorry...it's just the geek in me. Plus I'm plotting out my next batch of character bios, and I'd like them to be complete as possible, ;).

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
A thought just occurred to me...maybe there was a stipulation in letting the JLU team use Batman...in that they'd have to include him in a glaring amount of episodes? It'd certainly explain the obscene amount of Bat-sightings this season, in a show where Batman is

b.t. said:
only one ingredient in the justice league brew
His appearances do make sense within the context of each story, but still....

Telle

Knight said:
How does it sound "superfriend-ish"? What exactly is a superfriends like plot and how does it realte to that particular one? Not that there is any truth in that plot or anything,just curious on what puts it further out there than most other plots that have run through the series.
There was a great (read: horrible) Superfriends ep where the moon split open and a giant space moth was hatched and attacked earth. The Atom (called in because of his expertise in enlarging) enlarged Apache Chief (by pulling a convenient lever) who then saved the day. The funny thing was I saw this ep the day after Dark Heart was aired on YTV.

FALLEN ELDOR

b.t. said:
all batman villains and supporting characters are still "off-limits" to JLU for the time being

b.t. said:
i don't see the bat-embargo lifting anytime soon....

but to tell you the truth, as much as i, too, love those characters, i don't really miss 'em all that much....it's not like we don't have TONS of other interesting characters to play with...if i were doing an actual "batman" show, and not allowed to use those characters, yeah, that'd be pretty galling, but batman's only one ingredient in the justice league brew...the bat-clan aren't really essential in any way to the current show....so, let's all just take a deep breath and move on, shall we?

there's a $#!+load of mind-blowing superhero goodness coming soon on JLU...just keep saying, "the glass is half-full".....

Amazing Spidey said:
However, it's been confirmed that
Dee Dee is appearing JLU, so we could see future Batman Beyond villains in some way, shape or form.

That's what I don't understand. Aren't they considered "bat villains"?...How did we see Deadshot, Blockbuster and KGbeast? They are bat villains...And how does it effect TT they had Killer Moth...I hope they lift the ban, I would kill to see Nightwing and Robin with the Titans and Outsiders helping out.

Karkull

Mod of Chaos
FALLEN ELDOR said:
That's what I don't understand. Aren't they considered "bat villains"?
Technically no. I'm assuming that the Batman Beyond cast of characters is fair game. When you think Batman villains you think Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, etc., not Inque, Blight, and Dee Dee. Even if they were part of the deal I doubt that the "other show" would want them.

FALLEN ELDOR

Karkull said:
Technically no. I'm assuming that the Batman Beyond cast of characters is fair game. When you think Batman villains you think Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, etc., not Inque, Blight, and Dee Dee. Even if they were part of the deal I doubt that the "other show" would want them.

How do you distinguish original characters like Harley and Dee Dee from Spell Binder and Blockbuster? Spell Binder and Blockbuster are both obscure bat villains, but spell binder was updated in BB and will be used on The batman, is he on the "banned" list for JLU? If Spell Binder is on the banned list, then why aren't Dee Dee and Blockbuster? Don't even get me started on the Huntress! She is also a member of the bat family. It's an odd distinction, and I just want a clear cut line...

It would make since if the characters appearing on the banned list are characters that have, will or even might show up on The Batman and the film...that would account for the Huntress, dead shot, KGbeast and Blockbuster...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Clearly, People seemed to forget that the late Chrtistine Cavanaugh who originally voiced Chuckie Finster on Rugrats, retired from Voice Acting in like 2001, and Nancy Cartwright took over the role since then.
"It can be so hard to leave someone you love, but if you find something to remember them by, you will feel less alone." -Willa, one of the Made-for-Qubo segments on Willa's Wild Life

Thanks for all the memories, Qubo.

The winner of this matchup is Harpy Gee, which got 5 votes. Both Yoyotoki Happy Ears and Marisa And The Mirror got 0 votes. Now we go into the final round with a 3 way matchup. It's between Missing The Mark, Harpy Gee, and Pizza Pilot.
R.I.P. Qubo and Ion Plus (2006 Qubo / 2007 Plus - 2021)
March Madness 2021!

Featured Posts