Ollie's Pack to Premiere in April 2020

Latest News & Videos

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
The episodes that aired today were alright, I like Not Another Superhero movie more than The Chosen One... Stinks.

Also, I know this has been addressed before, but is this show a Nicktoon? I mean, at least Nick co-produced the Dreamworks shows. Here, the whole thing is shipped to Nelvana in Canada..
There is a Nickelodeon bumper in the credits , unless that's for Nick Canada , which Corus also owns with Nelvana.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
Of the episodes that aired this week I enjoyed the most were : Doom for Rent (Wednesday) , Sorry to Father You ,and Race to Race to Sploosh Mountain (both Thursday) The show has some good points to it, it's been enjoyable and hoping it gets stronger.

Reactions: superkeegan9100

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Of the episodes that aired this week I enjoyed the most were : Doom for Rent (Wednesday) , Sorry to Father You ,and Race to Race to Sploosh Mountain (both Thursday) The show has some good points to it, it's been enjoyable and hoping it gets stronger.
That's the sad part here for me..... I'm actually starting to feel bad for dissing onto this show, because of its less than stellar looks and how the first impression it left on me was so off putting. I still think Nick moving something clearly superior like Glitch over to Netflix to languish was a huge doggone mistake in every sense and nothing is ever gonna change that.
However, if this show's actual first impression had been as good as some of the later episodes, this might not have turned out such a disappointment, to be honest with myself.

Seriously, outside of here, who is talking about this show, let alone recommending it over something legit good like Glitch Techs, as it is, is my real question...

Reactions: Nick Mick

Rhaynebow

Aug 11, 2013
New York
Saw the first ep on Nick. It’s definitely very safe and I like that the show doesn’t suffer from Spot the MC syndrome where the BG characters are designed distractingly bland. Ollie and his friends still stand out as the MCs, but the classmates and adults still look like they belong in the same universe. I just wish this first episode delved into the whole “pack” thing, I wanted to know more about that, seeing how it’s the title of the show....

In any case, this show doesn’t seem too bad which is good, but unfortunately, this is Nick where good isn’t enough. It makes it hard to watch anything new they put out because there’s that looming fear of a nice, safe, cute show getting booted to Nicktoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
Hollie Monitor - Was a Hall Monitor episode but with it's own twist that Ollie doesn't get power hungry , it had some funny moments and was alright. 7/10
Sister Save Me- It is nice to see in this show that Ollie cares about his Mom and in this episode his sister. It easily could have been an Ollie gets jealous episode but it was more about him worrying his sister would get hurt. Pretty good 8.5/10
Cool Hand Wowski- It's a trainer does weird things and the trainee finds them unhelpful but they come in handy later plot, but the episode did it entertainingly. 8/10
Big Bern- Bernie stands up to a bully for another kid , and it becomes an episode where there' a flight planned and Bernie tries using monster stuff to get buff ,but the ending was such a strange twist it made me laugh hard 8.5/10
Getting Oldie With it - This one was fine, Berine wants to do more adult stuff and his friends didn't want to and he gets older by licking a slug monster and yeah 6.5/10
Lil Baby Ollie - The Cool kids remind me of the 80's in their dress style, it's Ollie trying to prove he's cool by watching this scary movie , his fear is interesting because he's not afraid of monsters so, they wrote him an interesting one instead. 7.5/10
Ollie's Dogs- Was the weirdest episode so far, but fun 8/10
Camp Manga- this one didn't catch my attention as much, but it did have Bernie ride a wolf 6.5/10

It is an enjoyable show , it's not as bland it as seemed to be at the start.

also Monday (so far ) was it's best rated day for the week

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
This show is still only OK at best, which simply isn't enough to make it memorable as it wants to think it is, after sitting through a full 12 episodes (24 11-minute segments) so far, unfortunately.

It just makes the loss of Glitch Techs sting and hurt for me personally, all the more.

Worse still, it makes Nick out to be a bunch of cheapskate for not only not giving a far superior product and chance to shine like Glitch Techs, but also for even thinking this could truly carry them anywhere in this day and age where people demand high quality artstyles and animation or get out, courtesy of anime becoming a dominant medium now (sad truth and this is coming from someone who hates most anime in general for being the same crap over and over, honestly.).

Also doesn't help that barely anyone outside of here is talking about this show, besides us, which only makes its memorability all but unlikely and tells me about how poorly received it is. This only tells me further that Canada shouldn't be making cartoons anymore, unless it's a certain set of studios drawing them and leaving the writing to someone else (kinda like the treatment certain popular Netflix shows that are bridging the gap in a real and respectable way between anime and cartoons actually have...).

I'm being harsh, but it's all sadly true - I do it because I care (whether as a critical person or someone actually in this career field - you don't just have to care, you NEED to care!).
This show is OK, but it's going to be forgotten because being OK isn't enough. Especially when you got people who compare cartoons to anime (mostly unfairly, which is worse.), especially today.

Being actually GOOD (like Glitch Techs) is the enemy of being just OK (like Ollie's Pack) - something you learn very quickly as a viewer and something those who make these shows need to learn of they want people (like ourselves) to like what they make and not forget about (at best) go "I don't care about this / Why should I care about this?" to shows like this (at worst).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick Mick

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Being actually GOOD (like Glitch Techs) is the enemy of being just OK (like Ollie's Pack) - something you learn very quickly as a viewer and something those who make these shows need to learn of they want people (like ourselves) to like what they make and not forget about (at best) go "I don't care about this / Why should I care about this?" to shows like this (at worst).
It almost feels as if they swept Glitch Techs under the rug to keep the bar low for the rest of their shows.

Reactions: Zanneck

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
It almost feels as if they swept Glitch Techs under the rug to keep the bar low for the rest of their shows.
.....And that's not a good thing. It shows a lack of creativity or respect for their target audience that streaming channels actually have, now.

Reactions: Mr.O

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
Mao Mao has been on hiatus since October. There will be no new episodes airing in June in the U.S., despite those last 9 episodes of Season 1 (31-40) allegedly leaked by Aussie streaming service Stan back in April, and we've been telling ourselves NOT to spoil any of these episodes on social media until they are officially released.

Man, it's really hard to like your favorite show when it's stuck in a long hiatus...
Take this with a very huge grain of salt. While I was on Tomb Cartoon Monkey Skeleton, I found a comment which was saying which new CN originals will premiere this and next year.

Lisa Ortiz's mother passed away.

I found this interview that Pam Arciero (Grundgetta from Sesame Street) took part in. I mainly skipped to 1:35, where she mentioned how production on the show ground to a halt because of the pandemic. There was about 1 more week of material to tape. She says they could start again in October, but that could change.