Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
TheBat.jpg

In addition to the 90s Woody Woodpecker Show(which I swore I saw a promo for), Jetix Latin America also aired classic Woody Woodpecker shorts, much like Fox Kids's Insomnio before it(hinting at the block continuing on Jetix early on). This one here is from "Under the Counter Spy".

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
View attachment 287378
In addition to the 90s Woody Woodpecker Show(which I swore I saw a promo for), Jetix Latin America also aired classic Woody Woodpecker shorts, much like Fox Kids's Insomnio before it(hinting at the block continuing on Jetix early on). This one here is from "Under the Counter Spy".
That means ABC Family still had the rights

They should of aired it on TD or ABC Family

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
No, not MAYBE in the US. Latin America ONLY. If ABC Family Worldwide did have the rights to anything Woody Woodpecker, it would be the 1999 cartoon(aired on the Fox Kids block just prior to its demise, and briefly aired on Fox Family in 1999). There is no evidence that Fox/ABC had any rights to the classic Woody Woodpecker cartoons. As for the second question, there's two answers: 1) It didn't fit in with the existing channels' missions(with the possible exception of Spy Dogs on Jetix, though it does skew a little younger), and 2) Disney didn't even want those shows in the first place. They had to get the shows to get what they really wanted, the Family Channel

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
No, not MAYBE in the US. Latin America ONLY. If ABC Family Worldwide did have the rights to anything Woody Woodpecker, it would be the 1999 cartoon(aired on the Fox Kids block just prior to its demise, and briefly aired on Fox Family in 1999). There is no evidence that Fox/ABC had any rights to the classic Woody Woodpecker cartoons. As for the second question, there's two answers: 1) It didn't fit in with the existing channels' missions(with the possible exception of Spy Dogs on Jetix, though it does skew a little younger), and 2) Disney didn't even want those shows in the first place. They had to get the shows to get what they really wanted, the Family Channel
That's what I mean't

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
ABC aired The Woody Woodpecker Show from 1957-58 and was moved to NBC in 1970. Footage exists from the segments (but copyrighted) the best part about the show was when Woody started the tape, the projector would mess with him…..a lot

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Yet, another HUN-CZE from 2006, during Jetix Max. It appears that the music during the main ident and the ad-break ident has a little differing tempo, as I listened to them carefully.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Jetix HUN-CZE continuities from February 2006. In the second video, they played the normal ad-break idents instead of the Jetix Max ones, probably because they weren't being made at that point.

Walker

Here's a camera screenshot of Jetix Play from 2005. It's the Turkish one if you want to know.

View attachment 251971

The person who did the screenshot with that camera is dirt cheap. Coudn't he digitally capture it?
At that time, it could only be watched on Digiturk in Turkey (you could only watch it if you were a Digiturk subscriber). It was probably difficult to take screenshots for digital media. Because I know that it was not possible to watch it on the internet back then.

note: Are there videos of the Jetix EMEA channel? I only saw 2 videos. 2 videos were '' next '' , but they were dubbed in Turkish.

JulianRO

Jetix Play schedule from 4-8 December 2010(Romania)
This one is the "newest" schedule I could ever find, for the moment I couldn't find anything from 2011.

Also I noticed that for over an year and a half(until the closedown) the channel had the same schedule, every day.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts