Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Fox Kids HUN-CZE continuities from 2002-2003 (starting from 20:47)

And some Jetix HUN-CZE continuities (with Jetix Max IDs and the closedown slide) from 2006-2007

At the Fox Kids one, the Hungarian side of the circle-and-triangle ad-break ID is misspelled as "RECLÁM".

And as for the Jetix ones, the very big logo with the animation changing into the promoted program was also used on this feed. Also on the Jetix Max ad-break ID, at the end the music suddenly stops and the whole ID freezes for 5 seconds.

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
I just found out Digimon Adventure and Woody Woodpecker POSSIBLY could of aired on Fox Kids UK and into the jetix era

harry580

I wonder when fox kids first launch in the uk back in 1996 did they use this logo:
1614187598161.png

or this logo:
1614187646884.png

harry580

oh thank you, man I wish someone upload a video of fox kids uk on launch day so I can see the logo

RegularCapital

Staff member
Funnily enough, its predecessor, The Family Channel, did air in the UK from 1993-1997. It aired on a timeshare feed with The Childrens Channel, so I imagine Fox Family would have shared with Fox Kids and been primarily family and adult programming.

Flextech bought the rest of The Family Channel UK it did not already own from IFE (International Family Entertainment) in 1996 and the channel became Challenge (which is now owned by Sky), it was sold before IFE was acquired by Fox/Saban in 1997.

Here's an interesting What If: Imagine if FOX/Saban actually went ahead and bought a 49% stake in TCC (The Children's Channel) in 1996, and IFE didn't sell The Family Channel UK, then Fox/Saban bought IFE, that could've led to Fox Family UK with a Fox Kids block.

But in the 90's, the FOX TV brand was rarely used in the UK (if at all), because of its UK subsidiary - Sky (Sky One was seen as the UK's equivalent to the FOX Network up until FX/FOX UK launched), I guess Fox Kids was different because Sky could have no say over the matter with it being partly detached from Fox as a joint venture.

harry580

Flextech bought the rest of The Family Channel UK it did not already own from IFE (International Family Entertainment) in 1996 and the channel became Challenge (which is now owned by Sky), it was sold before IFE was acquired by Fox/Saban in 1997.

Here's an interesting What If: Imagine if FOX/Saban actually went ahead and bought a 49% stake in TCC (The Children's Channel) in 1996, and IFE didn't sell The Family Channel UK, then Fox/Saban bought IFE, that could've led to Fox Family UK with a Fox Kids block.

But in the 90's, the FOX TV brand was rarely used in the UK (if at all), because of its UK subsidiary - Sky (Sky One was seen as the UK's equivalent to the FOX Network up until FX/FOX UK launched), I guess Fox Kids was different because Sky could have no say over the matter with it being partly detached from Fox as a joint venture.
what about the channel that become challenge if fox/saban bought IFE after fox/saban bought 49% stake in tcc, will challenge still happen under fox/saban ownership as fox kids answer to nick gas

Last edited:

DragonKnightGX

I tried using OCR to read the Fox Kids Israel schedule (in video form) that had been posted here before. It's from 2002, exactly when in the year is unknown but is for sure after September as that's when Rebelde Way (which is on the schedule) debuted on FK Israel.

8:10 Inspector Gadget
8:30 Butt-Ugly Martians
8:55 Medarot
9:15 Digimon Tamers (x2)
10:00 Action Man
10:25 ???
11:10 Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic
11:30 Super Pig
11:50 ???
12:15 State of Grace
12:40 Even Stevens
14:30 Spider-Man
14:55 ???
15:20 X-Men (x2)
16:00 Action Man
17:10 Rebelde Way (x3)
19:35 So Little Time

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
The oldest Fox Kids HUN-CZE schedule that I could find is from 12 March 2001. Taken from the MTVA archive.
RTV
It literally consisted of the same seven shows - The Tick, Princess Sissi, The Little Mermaid, Dennis The Menace, Inspector Gadget, Spider-Man and Power Rangers - on the same order looped during its broadcast time (06:00-19:00 CET, on this image it is partial, starting from 10:10 CET).
Fox Kids timeshared with Fox Sports until New Year's Eve 2002. After that it was replaced by a "testcard": the Fox Kids logo in a blue background with a loading bar below it.

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?

I remember when Fox UK was still called FX.

Moleoman

Fox Kids HUN-CZE continuities from 2002-2003 (starting from 20:47)
One of the most interesting things in the video is that in spite of Poland being in the same feed cluster as the CZ/HU/SK and CEE feeds, it had a different up next bumper for "The Kids from Room 402" - a bit more inspired by Scandinavian versions of those idents (also unlike CZ/HU/SK and CEE feeds, the show premiered on Fox Kids Poland only in September 2002).

I'll add that unlike the aforementioned CEMA cluster feeds, Fox Kids/Jetix Poland never aired "Diabolik" or "Spider-Man Unlimited" (I remember the latter show was once listed on TV-guides in 2006, but those airings turned out to be those of 1994 "Spider-Man" series):

RegularCapital

Staff member
what about the channel that become challenge if fox/saban bought IFE after fox/saban bought 49% stake in tcc, will challenge still happen under fox/saban ownership as fox kids answer to nick gas
Challenge is purely a Flextech creation, so I don't think the channel would've ever existed. Challenge originated from the game show aspect of The Family Channel UK. The Family Channel UK was mostly owned by IFE, but Flextech held a stake as it was basically IFE's UK broadcasting partner and helped them set up the channel for the UK market.

I actually own a copy of Radio Times from September 1993, I bought it in my quest to find Cartoon Network Europe's first ever schedule, but includes some information about the newly launched Family Channel.

Dc2xs9aWAAAw8ZT.jpg

Also, here's an early TCC and Nickelodeon UK schedule:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts