Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

RegularCapital

Something I found out the other day, when Disney bought Fox Kids, it was their original intention to rebrand the international Fox Kids channels as Toon Disney.

From the Los Angeles Times:

Disney would also get Fox Family’s channels in 50 countries in Europe and Latin America and the publicly traded Fox Kids Europe. Sources say Disney plans to convert the international channels to Toon Disney, a cartoon channel launched in 1998 that reaches more than 15 million subscribers in the U.S. but has very little international distribution.

If this had happened, it could've meant in the countries that had both Fox Kids and Toon Disney, Fox Kids would of closed with no replacement, unless it was turned into another channel. Seeing that Toon Disney was a premium channel and Fox Kids was in the lower packages and both channels had a different nature, it was a good thing it never happened and they kept Fox Kids/Jetix as its own thing until Disney XD came along. By then Toon Disney was no more, and Cinemagic's main focus was the movies. To be honest, when Disney bought Fox Kids, I think they didn't really know what to do with it.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

*if this had happened, it could have meant :daffy:

By the way, it's actually could've, as this is an internet forum, informal speech should be used. Contractions make sentences flow better.

The error "Could of" originated from could've because it sounds similar.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Sorry for correcting you :ack: I didn't want to sound rude, but I probably did.

Nah it's alright :D, the English language can be a minefield (for example whom/whose/who and will/shall), and I struggled with it at school and I struggle with it now. I think the main issue was the way it was taught and not identifying what you're doing wrong, too much focus on literature, creative writing, figurative language, and not enough on grammar rules, but yet, this wasn't the fact for foreign languages.

harry580

i kinda wish fox bought saban entertaiment instead and disney starts jetix from the ground up instead buying fox kids

harry580

Um... the prior did sort of happen? They merged their kids division with Saban.
yes but saban didnt get bought by fox, they owned a joint venture that didnt worked out, so if saban sold the stake of fox family, that means the production side (super sentai shows and french animation studio) and anime dubbing side (dragon quest and digimon), and fox children productions stayed with fox and folded into fox branded assests

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Saban actually wanted to sell his stake to Fox, but Fox wanted to sell their stake to Saban. Money reasons, and that’s why they sold Fox Kids to a third party(e.g. Disney)

harry580

Saban actually wanted to sell his stake to Fox, but Fox wanted to sell their stake to Saban. Money reasons, and that’s why they sold Fox Kids to a third party(e.g. Disney)
stupid murdoch and fox, destroying saban idea, it would been a great deal for fox and fox kids like fox deal with new world pictures

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Don’t blame Murdoch entirely. While Fox Family was getting more successful around this time, it wasn’t entirely that big, Fox Kids was still suffering, and Saban and Murdoch didn’t get along at all. (Here’s a hint to what I mean: Saban endorses nearly EVERY Democratic candidate for the upcoming 2020 election, while Murdoch founded and still owns Fox News.)

I wonder what this would be like, however...

harry580

i wish jetix has a worldwide networks like division so jetix has networks around the world

Moleoman

Fox Kids UK continuites from February/March 2002 - and it looks they've already ditched the FoxRiders look by that pont. The CEE feeds have done it only in November or December of the same year.

Francisque

Fox Riders were ditched in Italy only in January 1st 2003, replaced by the Fox Kids "animated" idents (with a monocolour background)

It was the beginning of the newer K2 block on some local channels (which would later become its own channel), if I remember correctly

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy birthday to Betty White (99), James Earl Jones (90), and Gennedy Tartakovsky (51).
Of the 3 Madagascar shows we have, All Hail King Julien stands out with its title and location. Unlike The Penguins Of Madagascar and Madagascar: A Little Wild, this one takes place on Madagascar while the others are in New York through an alternate continuity. Conversely, AHKJ is the only one to not have Madagascar in the title.
R.I.P. to musicians Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Beck, Bogert & Appice) and Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls). Both passed away on January 13.
Will Disney Junior survive on television? The short answer is yes.

Featured Posts