Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Well, I once read that Toon Disney's capacity was technically the opposite. Jetix aired more than half the time, this meant that Jetix felt more like a channel and Toon Disney was a block.
In a way, it was basically two channels in one.

CNCN2014

1579541105582.png

So I decided to look at JCP (Jetix Consumer Products)'s archived web page, and I noticed that this page mentions "Classic Sonic" as one of their purchased programming? Is there any schedules with an old Sonic cartoon with proof of this?

SpongeBobFan2004

View attachment 280663
So I decided to look at JCP (Jetix Consumer Products)'s archived web page, and I noticed that this page mentions "Classic Sonic" as one of their purchased programming? Is there any schedules with an old Sonic cartoon with proof of this?
Actually Jetix Europe had rights to AOSTH as well as SatAm. (but except in the UK) JCP licensed these shows from DiC. (later acquired by Cookie Jar) Back then the largest country with the most DiC fans was in Russia.

Also back then FOX KIDS/Jetix channels in Latin America/Brazil, Scandinavia among others had The Fairly OddParents. (globally distributed by Nelvana International (excludes US)) (At that time....FOP was one of the Nickelodeon shows to be distributed by Nelvana International before Nick took full rights to the franchise)

Last edited:

CNCN2014

Actually Jetix Europe had rights to AOSTH as well as SatAm. (but except in the UK) JCP licensed these shows from DiC. (later acquired by Cookie Jar) Back then the largest country with the most DiC fans was in Russia.
I knew Jetix Europe had the rights to many DiC shows after Disney bought most of the library, find it odd they list "Classic Sonic" as one of the properties airing on Jetix in the UK, looking through old Jetix schedules and it doesn't seem to be any sign of AOSTH or SatAM airing, like you said.

SpongeBobFan2004

I knew Jetix Europe had the rights to many DiC shows after Disney bought most of the library, find it odd they list "Classic Sonic" as one of the properties airing on Jetix in the UK, looking through old Jetix schedules and it doesn't seem to be any sign of AOSTH or SatAM airing, like you said.

Well the rights to the DiC shows continued until their rights expired. (a year after the Disney XD transition was finished (Russia/CIS, Czech/Hungary & Slovakia, Israel among others didn’t had any Disney channel, Disney transitioned these JETIX channels into their Disney Channel brand))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Also back then FOX KIDS/Jetix channels in Latin America/Brazil, Scandinavia among others had The Fairly OddParents. (globally distributed by Nelvana International (excludes US)) (At that time....FOP was one of the Nickelodeon shows to be distributed by Nelvana International before Nick took full rights to the franchise)
In a handful of European countries, the Nelvana episodes premiered on Disney Channel after the switchover from Jetix. Maybe it's because KidsCo had the rights before.

SpongeBobFan2004

In a handful of European countries, the Nelvana episodes premiered on Disney Channel after the switchover from Jetix. Maybe it's because KidsCo had the rights before.

Then later KidsCo was shutdown because of majority owner NBC Universal getting acquired by Comcast (which is a majority partner in PBS KIDS Sprout (at that time they simply called it Sprout) (NBCUniversal started integrating Comcast cable properties into their portfolio around mid-2012 to early-2013.))

Did DC Spain air SOME of the HD episodes or at that time the franchise rights were taken by Nick full time?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
KidsCo also had the rights to those episodes in the Asia-Pacific region. The only FOX Kids/Jetix feeds that aired it were Brazil and Latin America (and maybe Israel).

Moleoman

Actually, the "Classic Sonic" refers not to the DiC cartoons, but the merchandising rights to classic Sonic the Hedgehog franchise they owned at the time in selected territories: JCP wins rights to Classic Sonic the Hedgehog ::: Jetix

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It is remarkable that Jetix NL aired none of the Marvel cartoons from the 2000s. No X-Men: Evolution (aired on Net5), no MTV Spider-Man (understandable), no Fantastic Four: WGH (aired on CN NL), no The Spectacular Spider-Man, no Wolverine and the X-Men.

Was this also the case in other countries?

Disney XD NL aired Iron Man Armored Advetures and The Super Hero Squad Show, both from 2009.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
TVI used to air Spectacular Spider-Man. Might have been a leftover of the days when Sony Pictures Television still made decent cartoons (like Jackie Chan Adventures).

Cartoonfan001

I found some of my old schedules notes the other day. Here´s the schedule of Jetix Nordic of December 2006. The schedule had many changes this month, many shows returned to the schedule like Pokemon, Nascar Races, and Princess Sissi.

Weekdays:

06:00 Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go (From December 11, Sonic X)
(06:25 from December 11, Pucca)

06:30 Tutenstein (From December 11, 06:35 Tutenstein)
07:00 Pucca
07:15 Shuriken School (From December 11, 07:00 Totally Spies)
(From December 11, Guess what.... 07:35 Pucca),
I never understood why...
07:45 Planet Sketch
08:00 Totally Spies (From December 11, Pokemon)
08:30 Goosebumps (From December 11, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyerforce Go)
09:00 Moville Mysteries (From December 11, 08:55 Medabots)
09:30 Medabots (From December 11, 09:15 Nascar Races)
10:00 Jacob Two-Two (From December 11, 09:40 Sonic X)
10:25 Tiny Planets (From December 11, 10:05 Tutenstein)
10:35 The Three Friends and Jerry (From December 11, 10:30 Moville Mysteries)
10:50 Sonic X (From December 11, 10:55 Jacob Two-Two)
11:15 Inspector Gadget (From December 11, 11:05 Tiny Planets )
11:40 Black Hole High (From December 11, 11:30 Princess Sissi)
12:05 Martin Mystery (December 11, 11:55 The Three Friends and Jerry)
12:30 New Spider-Man (From December 11, 12:05 Inspector Gadget)
12:55 W.I.T.C.H (From December 11, 12:30 Eerie, Indiana)
13:20 Braceface (From December 11, 12:55 W.I.T.C.H)
13:45 Lizzie Mcguire (From December 11, 13:20 Goosebumps)
14:10 Eerie, Indiana (From December 11, 13:45 Martin Mystery)
(From December 11, 14:10 Black Hole High)
14:35 New Spider-Man
15:00 Pucca
15:15 Shuriken School
16:00 W.I.T.C.H
16:30 Totally Spies
17:00 Martin Mystery
17:30 A.T.O.M
18:00 Closedown

Weekends:

06:00 Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go
06:30 Digimon
07:00 Sonic X
07:30 Tutenstein
08:00 Shuriken School
08:30 Pucca
09:00 Totally Spies
09:30 Oban Star-Racers
10:00 Oban Star-Racers
11:00 - 15:00 Top 10 (A countdown block that only aired on the weekends, with 5 episodes airing each day and every other weekend), or else they aired Totally Jetix.
15:00 Jetix Cinema

16:00 W.i.T.C.H
17:00 Totally Spies
17:30 Martin Mystery, New Episodes
18:00 A.T.O.M

Totally Spies marathon every day for a week: December 4 - December 10, 2006. They used to air a lot of Totally Spies marathons on my feed.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy birthday to Betty White (99), James Earl Jones (90), and Gennedy Tartakovsky (51).
Of the 3 Madagascar shows we have, All Hail King Julien stands out with its title and location. Unlike The Penguins Of Madagascar and Madagascar: A Little Wild, this one takes place on Madagascar while the others are in New York through an alternate continuity. Conversely, AHKJ is the only one to not have Madagascar in the title.
R.I.P. to musicians Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, Beck, Bogert & Appice) and Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls). Both passed away on January 13.
Will Disney Junior survive on television? The short answer is yes.

Featured Posts