Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The lack of FOX Kids as a channel here in Portugal was very difficult. Especially since SIC only aired those shows in the morning as well as animes that didn't get to air on FOX Kids.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
@PannenkoekenNL: There are 104 episodes of Shin Chan: http://forum.aniway.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=7&t=9181&view=previous She was obviously talking about 22-minute episodes. That's how you can watch them on DVD, and that's how Kanaal 2 aired it.

Also, a while ago I started searching in old TV guides when Kanaal 2 used to air Shin Chan. They aired it from September 1st 2003 till March 18th 2005. (I've put this information on Wikipedia)

Unfortunately they never show the episode titles in the TV guides :( (They do show Dutch episode titles of The PowerPuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, TMNT 2003, Digimon, Hamtaro, etc...)

Furthermore, I am quite sure Kanaal 2 didn't air every episode...

Last edited:
@PannenkoekenNL: There are 104 episodes of Shin Chan: http://forum.aniway.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=7&t=9181&view=previous She was obviously talking about 22-minute episodes. That's how you can watch them on DVD, and that's how Kanaal 2 aired it.

Also, a while ago I started searching in old TV guides when Kanaal 2 used to air Shin Chan. They aired it from September 1st 2003 till March 18th 2005. (I've put this information on Wikipedia)

Unfortunately they never show the episode titles in the TV guides :( (They do show Dutch episode titles of The PowerPuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, TMNT 2003, Digimon, Hamtaro, etc...)

Furthermore, I am quite sure Kanaal 2 didn't air every episode...
I have recorded Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries and uploaded the intro it: If you have any interest I could also upload the whole episode (episode 291, Spooker of the House). Again, if you (or someone else here) want anything else just ask me :) I have also access to German, Spanish, French, UK and Czech pay TV so that can be requested too.

Did you see my post on Aniway? (omdat je nu zo over Shin Chan begint :p ) Thanks for the information! If it's true that means that at least 146 Dutch fragments are still lost.. If you didn't know, here people are trying to recover the English Vitello dub on which the Dutch one was based, see the comments below.

Where did you found the old TV guides of Kanaal Twee? I would be interested in them as for example some episode titles of Hamtaro are stil missing (or they didn't air but I doubt they would randomly skip some eps.)

Last edited:
The lack of FOX Kids as a channel here in Portugal was very difficult. Especially since SIC only aired those shows in the morning as well as animes that didn't get to air on FOX Kids.
Is there any reason why Portugal didn't have Fox Kids?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Is there any reason why Portugal didn't have Fox Kids?
Well, for me it's the limited market. For five years (1996 to 2001), there was only one kids channel in Portuguese: Canal Panda. It competed with CN Europe, in English. Then Disney Channel PT launched and Canal Panda had some proper competition (thouch CN Europe still had decent ratings).

The limited market is more of a strategical issue, as the reason we can't launch Disney XD over here is more because of a lack of money or population.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I have recorded Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries and uploaded the intro it:
Thank you SO MUCH! :D It sounds so weird in Dutch. I know the English and French versions by heart so this is really weird.

Where did you found the old TV guides of Kanaal Twee? I would be interested in them as for example some episode titles of Hamtaro are stil missing (or they didn't air but I doubt they would randomly skip some eps.)
VTM premiered Hamtaro on March 1st 2003. (VTM and Kanaal 2 are like Net5 and SBS6, they're basically brother and sister)

Schedules:
You can basically search forever :sweat:

If you have any interest I could also upload the whole episode (episode 291, Spooker of the House).
If you do that, then I'll put all Hamtaro episodes titles on Wikipedia :D Deal?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe those 52 episodes were the only ones that aired in certain countries? I am pretty sure that the first 52 aired on Canal Panda as well.

Thank you SO MUCH! :D It sounds so weird in Dutch. I know the English and French versions by heart so this is really weird.

VTM premiered Hamtaro on March 1st 2003. (VTM and Kanaal 2 are like Net5 and SBS6, they're basically brother and sister)

Schedules:
You can basically search forever :sweat:
No problem! I have uploaded the full episode here.(not on YouTube because it could get a copyright strike)

Thanks for the information! :)

Sorry, PannenkoekenNL. VTM has only aired the first 52 episodes of Hamtaro. They stopped airing it in 2005.
http://web.archive.org/web/20050216012551/http://www.vtm.be/kids/index_programma_hamtaro.htm
After 'Daar is Robin-Ham!', they restarted from the beginning.
That's unfortunate, too bad that Fox Kids didn't put episode titles on their website.

Last edited:

JaredCap43™

Here comes Ugly Thomas!
Ah thats too bad.
I tried watching the Funimation version but I hated it, far too much forced "adult" jokes like in South Park ("Are your parents doctors, lawyers, or Jews?" for example sounds more like something Cartman would say)
I found a version of Shin Chan that isn't as mature as the Late-Night one, and it aired on Fox 8 in Australia, and probably Fox Kids in the UK as well, because I know that version of Fox Kids aired Shin Chan.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I found a version of Shin Chan that isn't as mature as the Late-Night one, and it aired on Fox 8 in Australia, and probably Fox Kids in the UK as well, because I know that version of Fox Kids aired Shin Chan.
That's the Vitello version that used to air on SIC as well!

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I found the full episode from that exact tape. (Shin Chan's voice sounds like Phil from Rugrats)
Yes, that's the version we were talking about. It also has some dirty jokes, but it's a lot more cheerful and that makes it more fun to watch.

Dutch version:

Someone made a video saying that Shin Chan should come back to the Netherlands, and here it is!
Yes, it's part of this:
As a result of a popular Facebook page that campaigned for the return of Crayon Shin-chan on Dutch television, a crowdfunding was set up to get a starting budget for dubbing new pilot episodes with the original voice actors. The crowdfunding started on July 24, 2016 and ended a month later with 2,803 euros of the required 2,500 euros.[73][74][75] According to the organization it is expected that the first new episodes will be released online in September 2016.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayon_Shin-chan#The_Netherlands_and_Flanders_.28Belgium.29

The Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/shinchanterugoptv/

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Someone made a video saying that Shin Chan should come back to the Netherlands, and here it is!
I see Neox bugs, and the footage is from recent episodes. A lot of the risqué content in the 90s episodes has been toned down due to changes in Japanese standards.

In Mexico and other Latin American countries it airs on Tiin, based on the Japanese version yet with the names from the Vitello version.

I see Neox bugs, and the footage is from recent episodes. A lot of the risqué content in the 90s episodes has been toned down due to changes in Japanese standards.

In Mexico and other Latin American countries it airs on Tiin, based on the Japanese version yet with the names from the Vitello version.
Does Tiin air the same version that is aired in Spain, or is it a separate dub?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why does society keep devolving for the last century or so, why is America 50 years behind where it should’ve been? And anybody who tries to makes things better will be swept under the rug or get screwed over by cancer or disease.

I hate to get political here especially but for what happened today I can’t help
Just sending out hearts and hugs to anyone who needs them on this awful day. You're not alone.
Hi, new profile picture I guess
Angry because of the news. VERY angry.

So today is apparently Brooklyn's birthday. Now the recent YouTube videos about her birthday make sense (a music video yesterday and a vlog today).

Featured Posts