Okay what are the powers of Thanos exactly?

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way
I've been wondering about this, exactly what can he do that makes him so powerful (able to fight with the surfer of the Norse God's)

BTW I'm talking minus the infinity gems.

Nightwing

WF Old Man
Thanos: Dud.

I don't know about his existance outside of where I know him from, but Thanos is to me as Frieza is to Goku. Old news. I first met Thanos YEARS ago when I first played "Marvel Super Heros" the arcade fighter. Oh he was hard then, but like Goku and his fights, the levels increased as time went on, leaving past battles in the dust cuz of all the games that spun off after it! X-Men vs. Streetfighter, Marvel vs. Capcom (fav).

LOL. Seriously though, I always thought without those gems he was kind of like Superman's Darkseid. I mean, you sometimes see Marvel characters mirror DC characters or vice versa.

don Jaime

Intense Corpse Action. Thanos is dead.

At least, I heard he was. I know he greeted the Marvel Captain Marvel (aka Mar-Vell. There are way too many Captains Marvel runnin' loose.) when he was killed off. I don't know what his powers were, except whatever the writer wanted him to have. His deal was that he was trying to marry a personified female Death, and to do this he had to destroy half the universe, or something. I dunno. Space comics are relentlessly dull.

And he was a lot tougher in that game than the more recent bosses. I beat him ONCE, with Juggernaut. I routinely beat Apocalypse, Abyss, and Cyber-Akuma by switching fighters. (Onslaught was one cheap-ass bastard, though.) You can play Thanos in the MvC2 game, and he's okay, but I prefer the Cable-Juggie-Colossus combination.

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
Actually, Thanos has a wider range of powers than Darkseid, though none are quite as powerful as the Omega Beam. Besides, all cosmic heroes are pretty powerful anyway. Watcher, Stranger, Galactus...

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
He also has the superpower of being able to be used in a Darkseid-like manner, without Marvel being sued by DC. Which is more amazing than anything else he can do.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts