Okay...so hold up...Thanagar's GONE?!?!

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Just read some online descriptions of "Hunter's Moon" and all of them said that in the flashback it was said that the Gordanians destroyed Thanagar, so H'ro retaliated by tossing his ship at their mothership...!

So not only is H'ro dead, but Thanagar...is GONE...right?

Okay...so are there any Gordanians or Thanagarians left alive? Are both species just smaller now?

I watched "Hunter's Moon" but somehow totally didn't register the part about Thanagar. I guess I was just so hung up over the writers having killed off H'ro...

Redemption

No one is beneath redemption..
Thanagar has been taken over by the Gordanians, yes. But they also said "lets go back and join the resistance." So, Thanagar is still around. Not gone like Alderann.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Thanagar has been taken over by the Gordanians, yes. But they also said "lets go back and join the resistance."

Was this dialogue from "Hunter's Moon"? Did Paran Dul and her mini-revenge squad survive their attempt to kill Hawkgirl, and then head back to Thanagar to free the planet?

Trevor Balena

DisneyBoy said:
Was this dialogue from "Hunter's Moon"? Did Paran Dul and her mini-revenge squad survive their attempt to kill Hawkgirl, and then head back to Thanagar to free the planet?

One of Paran Dul's cronies said -- speaking about Dul's plan to get revenge on Shayera -- "This is a waste of time. We should go back, and join the resistance." But that was before Shayera kicked their tails, and killed at least two of them (Dul and Kraggar).

But I don't know where you're getting this information about Thanagar being "gone"... there was nothing in "Hunter's Moon" to suggest things went that far.

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
I don't think that Paran Dul is dead. Kragger yes, but not her.

Not that I believe that she's going off to join the resistance anytime soon. Unless I'm mistaken the Justice League leaves them stranded there when they took their ship.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Yea Thanagar and its people are still around just taken over by the Gongorians. Another hawk thread by Disneyboy..me thinks theres a big hawk people fan:p , not that theres anything wrong with that.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
It's kind of an immediate interest, actually...

As for the info about Thanagar being "gone", here's what the World's Finest said:

Bios - Hro Talek
First Appearance: "Hunter's Moon"
Position: Dead
Bio: After retreating from Earth after their defeat, the Thanagarians, led by Hro Talek, returned to their homeworld to find that the Gordanians had already won the war and destroyed their planet. With his last valiant effort, Hro Talek destroyed the Gordanian mother ship by flying his cruiser straight into it's reactor.

So, just to be totally 100% clear...Paran Dul could still be alive...Kraggar is dead...H'ro is dead...and the Gordanians took over Thanagar, which still exists, and has living Thanagarians on it...right?

Sorry to be asking for such specificity, but as I said, it oddly enough plays into my immediate needs. Thanks a million folks ;)

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
Well, maybe the bio just needs to be revised.

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
Karkull said:
I don't think that Paran Dul is dead. Kragger yes, but not her.

Not that I believe that she's going off to join the resistance anytime soon. Unless I'm mistaken the Justice League leaves them stranded there when they took their ship.

Ah, Hunter's Moon. The most morally ambigious episode of the DCAU ever.

DeathscytheVII

Farewell, Daughter of Trigon
After retreating from Earth after their defeat, the Thanagarians, led by Hro Talek, returned to their homeworld to find that the Gordanians had already won the war and destroyed their planet. With his last valiant effort, Hro Talek destroyed the Gordanian mother ship by flying his cruiser straight into it's reactor.

I think by 'destroyed' they mean 'trashed', because i swore i saw the planet intact when they did the flashback of Hro's fleet going back to Thanagar.

So i think the thanagarians have set up a resistance movement on the ruins of Thanagar. Something like that.

A shame we didnt see more of them, they were the best aliens JL had.

Trevor Balena

DisneyBoy said:
So, just to be totally 100% clear...Paran Dul could still be alive...Kraggar is dead...H'ro is dead...and the Gordanians took over Thanagar, which still exists, and has living Thanagarians on it...right?

Sorry to be asking for such specificity, but as I said, it oddly enough plays into my immediate needs. Thanks a million folks ;)

Yes, that's all correct. Of course, it's possible that the Gordanians -- after conquering Thanagar -- relocated all of the Thanagarians, or wiped out most of Thanagar's indiginous population, so it's impossible to say just who is living on the planet at the moment without more information.

But the rest of it is right on.

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
Call it a hunch, but relocating an entire planet would probably be too much hassle. Besides, the presence of a resistance lends itself to the theory that it's just an occupation.

b.t.

for the record:

thanagar NOT destroyed, dunno where wf got THAT idea....thanagarians technically "lost" the war, but take a look at present-day iraq: years after they were supposed to be "shocked and awed" into submission, insurgents and rebels continue to bedevil the occupying forces...leads me to think the thanagarian/gordanian conflict is still a long way from being irrevocably settled...

paran dul and kraggar dead? well, possibly..."PROBABLY", even....but remember, thanagarians are demonstrably TOUGH (see "savage time, part 2", shayera NOT getting cut in half by the stuka wing that rammed into her at hundreds of miles per hour, her innards NOT smushed into jelly)...conceivably both "filthy hawks" could have survived their falls....a perverse part of me imagines kraggar in particular coming back in even MORE effed-up shape than when we saw him last....:evil:

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
So. Evil.

Even though I've yet to see all of "Ancient History" (and therefore don't know the spoilers) I did find it super-cool that you got Kraagar's v.a. to voice the Egyptian minister/right-hand-man of Katar's.

Hector E. That's who I'm thinking of. Good to see that after his not-quite-amazing attempt at Bane, he's finally got a DCAU character all his own.

EDIT: So glad Thanagar's not gone. Dying to see that place. Maybe next spring break...

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
DeathscytheVII said:
I think by 'destroyed' they mean 'trashed', because i swore i saw the planet intact when they did the flashback of Hro's fleet going back to Thanagar.

Yes...yes we did mean "trashed." I honestly don't know why "destroyed" was written as it was so long ago...my only defense is that with every episode of JLU comes a dozen new bios to write and I'm sure there are plenty of other errors on the site that are similar to this one.

Which is why this time around we've been adding bios for episdoes that aired overseas--it may be spoilery, but it sure saves me a hell of a lot of time instead of doing everything at once.

-BB

BlueRocketBoy

Bird Boy said:
Which is why this time around we've been adding bios for episdoes that aired overseas--it may be spoilery, but it sure saves me a hell of a lot of time instead of doing everything at once.
Yeah ... I stumbled upon a major character spoiler a few weeks back 'cause I didn't realize the bios would be updated to reflect what had aired overseas (but not in the states). Might be worth it to put some type of disclaimer at the top of the page so others don't have the final episodes ruined.

Anwar

Lord of the Vindaloovians
Justwondering, but were the Gordanians created specifically for the DCAU or are they an established alien race of DC Comics, like the Khunds, Dominators, Citadel, etc?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Well dang. Grey DeLisle was originally scheduled to be doing a free gig this coming Saturday here in Phoenix, but she's no longer listed on the bill. I guess she had to back out. I was going to go because I love her music in addition to her VA work, but not anymore. I'm glad I didn't make a reservation.
Man, I wish I got paid for every time someone on this forum said they believed that Warner Brothers Discovery was going to ax, erase or sell off the Looney Tunes franchise. I could retire tomorrow.
Why do so many adults with no kids get so hopping mad about the existence of preschool shows and blocks? "Grr! I hate Cartoonito and Mickey Mouse Fun House! How dare they make preschool shows!" I don't get it.
Did the forum drop the swear rule? I've seen serious high tier swears and adult terms.
Just 10 more days until part 2 of Invincible's second season. Let's go!!!

Featured Posts