"OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

jaylop97

Staff member
I'm hoping for some more classic heroes like Samurai Jack or Dexter or maybe even REAL classic like the SWAT KATS.
Much like Captain Planet I can see them reach for another HB property like Swat KATS especially considering that the show also is about heroes which does relate to OKKO.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
A OK KO crossover with Swat Kats would be perfect for multiple reasons and has to happen. One, both shows are about heroes and villains. Two, there's a lot to choose from in Swat Kats to make it work in the world of OK KO!. Three, the animation style is quite similar if you look at S2 of Swat Kats in particular - especially in motion. Four, there's room for good humor - Swat Kats are a Radical Squadron and OK KO! features Rad. Five, the creators of Swat Kats are working on a reboot. Being featured on OK KO! would help them get picked up. Six, OK KO! already crossed over with another classic HB property (Captain Planet) and it turned out great. Going to get this over to Tremblays, IJQ and CN asap and I'd recommend you bug them about this too if you want it to happen.

Corwin Haught

Last time I checked the rights to Swat Kats were with the Trembleys, who were running that Kickstarter. That doesn't mean them appearing on OK KO is impossible, it's just that they can't be swapped in like the shows that CN owns outright.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
True, the rights reverted back to them, but what other property you can imagine OK KO having a crossover with? PPG? TTG!? Mega Man? Those are the only three current shows I can think of that make at least remote sense. And then you have the classics from which only Swat Kats is plausable.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Last time I checked the rights to Swat Kats were with the Trembleys, who were running that Kickstarter. That doesn't mean them appearing on OK KO is impossible, it's just that they can't be swapped in like the shows that CN owns outright.
Well no one whether OK KO will get another crossover following after Captain Planet, I think we need to focus on crossovers for other shows rather than just OK KO period, shows like WBB or Mighty Magiswords is recommended.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Eldorado

Well no one whether OK KO will get another crossover following after Captain Planet, I think we need to focus on crossovers for other shows rather than just OK KO period, shows like WBB or Mighty Magiswords is recommended.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Seeing how the crewmembers of Mighty Magiswords are fans of Steven Universe (and even had some of their actresses appear on the show) I would like a crossover.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member

Turner still owns the rights to the old series. Any new material produced belongs to the Tremblays.

Digamma-F-Wau

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there's an OK KO TTG crossover (especially considering how some OK KO crew members used to work on TTG) and I also wouldn't be surprised if said crossover turned out to be good (especially if it's done by the OK KO crew)

moose_tracks12

I also would like to assume that its a typo. Maybe they're just airing a special new episode that night because the 19th is President's Day (Maybe the TTG "Opposite Titans" special will premiere right before it). But if anything else, I feel like the show would still be part of NEW NEW NEW NEW on Friday nights for future premieres since they have room for one more show right now in that two hour block.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I also would like to assume that its a typo. Maybe they're just airing a special new episode that night because the 19th is President's Day (Maybe the TTG "Opposite Titans" special will premiere right before it). But if anything else, I feel like the show would still be part of NEW NEW NEW NEW on Friday nights for future premieres since they have room for one more show right now in that two hour block.
I think that's exactly what's going to happen, actually.

moose_tracks12

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Also, I found out the 19th has the episodes "Let's Watch the Pilot" (only new to TV) and "Mystery Science Fair 201X" (I believe this one is new everywhere), at 6:45-7:15. Because I guess round numbers would've been too much.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Come back soon, K.O. - I miss you! But it is only the next month, so it won't be a long wait.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts