"OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Looks like the show is over.

I mean, it IS getting a third season, for what that's worth. As much as I think the show should've taken off more, it's hard for me to consider that a bad run, especially when you consider cartoons that were even more screwed.

Reactions: Gatordragon

Commander Beeper

Watchdog
Apr 11, 2015
I mean, it IS getting a third season, for what that's worth. As much as I think the show should've taken off more, it's hard for me to consider that a bad run, especially when you consider cartoons that were even more screwed.
Also, I feel like the show had enough of a cult following to justify the PR team producing weekly promos for new episodes, even if they were only really seen during the one-hour block they have the show in.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
No surprise there. 2017 till 2020-ish is a good run. Most CN cartoons these days get 130 to 160 episodes: Clarence, WBB, SU, Uncle Grandpa, now OK KO. Only the big 3 (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball) got more.

Notice how that's 65 to 80 half-hours. In the past, successful cartoons could still end after only 52 half hours.

OK KO never got popular in Europe, btw.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
No surprise there. 2017 till 2020-ish is a good run. Most CN cartoons these days get 130 to 160 episodes: Clarence, WBB, SU, Uncle Grandpa, now OK KO. Only the big 3 (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball) got more.
SU will get more episodes too. A continuation of the series was confirmed, and we will get a movie too. We Bare Bears will also continue as a franchise with the Baby Bears spin-off.

Can't say I'm surprised about Ok K.O ending. The moment CN put the new episodes on Sunday afternoons I knew that the show is more than likely cancelled. It also bombed in many countries. At least the fans will have a 3rd season to still look forward too.

Reactions: Red Arrow

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
I do wonder if the commercial performance of Let's Play Heroes has anything to do with the show's cancellation. Since the show's popularity isn't as widespread as CN had hoped, I'd imagine it didn't do so hot.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
SU will get more episodes too. A continuation of the series was confirmed, and we will get a movie too. We Bare Bears will also continue as a franchise with the Baby Bears spin-off.
Ian Jones-Quartey said in a Steven Universe podcast: "I really hope that if you're waiting to watch more stuff, that you don't think of the break between 'Change Your Mind' and what comes next as waiting for more of this show, because this version of it is done. There's going to be more, but it's going to be different, and it's going to be something new."

Reactions: EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Indianapolis
We Bare Bears will also continue as a franchise with the Baby Bears spin-off.
No one said We Bare Bears was getting cancelled for the spin-off.

Also, I wonder if the show was ALWAYS intended to have 3 Seasons. I mean, the only thing left is to find out who Shadowy Figure is and what is his plan?

I mean, as great as OK KO is in the filler episodes we can't forget that it has a myth arc and that arc needs to end sooner or later, and honestly how the heck would they be able to stretch it out throughout multiple seasons?

Reactions: Gatordragon

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
CN would've announced a fifth season of the show when they announced the movie and the spin-off, but they didn't. Plus I can't imagine the crew working on 3 things at once.
Since the OK KO crew finished season 3 and CN hasn't announced anything yet, I'm hoping that WBB also has another yet-to-be-announced season. You know, maybe :) One can only hope.

On the other hand, it really does look like all remaining series from 2010 till 2017 are finishing or getting a spin-off. (Well, besides Ben 10, obviously) Maybe CN is planning some fresh new start in 2020. That would be so neat.

Radical Buster

That's too much, man!
Feb 3, 2018
Indonesia
OK KO never got popular in Europe, btw.
It didn't seem to catch on in SEA either. Hell, mere weeks after the show premiered in January 2018, CN SEA decided to put premieres on hold for whatever reason. Their release frequency is the exact opposite of that of the US, where they initially aired new episodes every single week completely uninterrupted until November 2017. I don't even know how far into the show our CN is since whenever I catch reruns of the show, it's just of the same first 20 episodes or so.
SU will get more episodes too. A continuation of the series was confirmed, and we will get a movie too.
The continuation of the series will most likely be in the same fashion that Ben 10: Alien Force was a continuation of Ben 10 if we go by what Ian JQ said, as quoted by Red Arrow. The story of Steven Universe will continue, but the "original" Steven Universe is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Arrow

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Indianapolis
CN would've announced a fifth season of the show when they announced the movie and the spin-off, but they didn't. Plus I can't imagine the crew working on 3 things at once.
They're probably taking a hiatus from the main series to work on the movie and spin-off and once production on the movie is done they'll go back to the main show and the spin-off.

Commander Beeper

Watchdog
Apr 11, 2015
Well, considering European popularity seems to factor a lot into CN renewals, I guess this shouldn't be much of a surprise now.
I don't think it's just European popularity, but international popularity in general that factors into it. For example, We Bare Bears is wildly popular in Asia, which I'm guessing is tge biggest reason why the movie and spin-off were announced.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
I wouldn't say OVERLY. I mean, the Crewniverse took a break on Season 6 of Steven Universe to work on THEIR movie, so why can't the crew of We Bare Bears?
The thing with SU is that CN already mentioned that there will be another season of it around the time the movie was announced, plus this season of SU might not even be a new season, but a spin-off or a sequel, since Ian Jones-Quartey said it will be something completely new and different. With WBB we know the crew are woking on the movie AND the baby bears spin-off at the same right now as we speak, but a season 5 of the main show wasn't mentioned to be in the works anywhere as far as I know, nor was it said to be a thing to happen in the future. As I said, CN would've announced a season 5 when they announced the movie and the baby bears spin-off, but they didn't. It makes sense to assume that the main show ended with season 4.

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Indianapolis
The thing with SU is that CN already mentioned that there will be another season of it around the time the movie was announced, plus this season of SU might not even be a new season, but a spin-off or a sequel, since Ian Jones-Quartey said it will be something completely new and different. With WBB we know the crew are woking on the movie AND the baby bears spin-off at the same right now as we speak, but a season 5 of the main show wasn't mentioned to be in the works anywhere as far as I know, nor was it said to be a thing to happen in the future. As I said, CN would've announced a season 5 when they announced the movie and the baby bears spin-off, but they didn't. It makes sense to assume that the main show ended with season 4.
A lot of people on Reddit would disagree with you:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.