"OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
706 14
Oh, then I guess maybe Monday is the new night for OK K.O. I think this is the first time Monday night has been a night for regular premieres since May 2014. That's the last time I remember a show regularly airing on that night (Adventure Time & Regular Show specifically), since the shows moved to Thursdays later on in June 2014.
I think it's either A) CN can't squeeze ALL of their shows on Fridays, or B) CN is trying to avoid direct competition with Nickelodeon.

Digamma-F-Wau

Jan 19, 2016
Ratings
Simultaneously weird yet makes sense that they're airing Let's Watch the Pilot at a weird time. Guess CN figures that people who already watched it on the app would appreciate watching the ep they haven't seen at 7:00 instead of 7:15

Also, I found out the 19th has the episodes "Let's Watch the Pilot" (only new to TV) and "Mystery Science Fair 201X" (I believe this one is new everywhere), at 6:45-7:15. Because I guess round numbers would've been too much.
Meanwhile the premiers on the 26th are at 7:00 and 7:15 respectively

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
706 14
Nah, I think we're still on season 1. Here's a list of all the episodes with known production codes, in production order:

1. "Just Be a Pebble"
2. "Jethro's All Yours"
3. shorts
4. "We Messed Up"
5. "Let's Be Heroes"
6. "Let's Be Friends"
7. "You're Everybody's Sidekick"
8. "I Am Dendy"
9. "You're Level 100"
10. "You Get Me"
11. "Sibling Rivalry"
12. "My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad!"
13. "You Are Rad"
14. "We've Got Pests"
15. "Presenting Joe Cuppa"
16. "Do You Have Any More in the Back?"
17. "We're Captured"
18. "Plazalympics"
20. "Know Your Mom"
21. "You Have to Care"
22. "Plaza Prom"
23. "Face Your Fears"
24. "T.K.O." (part 1)
25. "T.K.O." (part 2)
26. "Everybody Likes Rad?"
27. "Let's Watch the Pilot"
28. "Stop Attacking the Plaza"
29. "A Hero's Fate"
30. "Second First Date"
31. "The Power is Yours"
32. "We've Got Fleas"
33. "Legends of Mr. Gar"
34. "No More Pow Cards"
35. "Glory Days"
37. "One Last Score"
39. "Let's Take a Moment"
40. "Let's Have a Stakeout"
41. "K.O.'s Video Channel"
42. "Villains' Night Out"
43. "Back in Red Action"
44. "Rad Likes Robots"
46. "Villains' Night In"
49. "Parents' Day"

Digamma-F-Wau

Jan 19, 2016
Ratings
the interesting thing about about the production codes is that they appear to not follow the exact order the eps were boarded in (which would be some sort of pattern where every episode from the same board team is separated by 4). Must be something common with season 1s, as the same inconsistency happens with codes for season 1 of adventure time, season 1A of SU, season 1 of Clarence, and probably some other shows.

Robin44

Feb 7, 2017
Ratings
100 1
the interesting thing about about the production codes is that they appear to not follow the exact order the eps were boarded in (which would be some sort of pattern where every episode from the same board team is separated by 4). Must be something common with season 1s, as the same inconsistency happens with codes for season 1 of adventure time, season 1A of SU, season 1 of Clarence, and probably some other shows.
I wonder why Let’s Be Heroes isn’t the first produced episode though.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,883 41
Also of note is that a version of Let's Be Heroes where Stephanie Nadoley did KO's voice does exist, but it was redubbed by Courtenay Taylor. And yet they didn't do that in the other episodes Nadoley did.

It's a bit of a shame she couldn't stick around when the show hit full production. Nothing against Taylor, and she has grown into the role over time, but Nadoley always seemed to sell it better IMO.

Digamma-F-Wau

Jan 19, 2016
Ratings
I wonder why Let’s Be Heroes isn’t the first produced episode though.
The exact reason is that they wanted the boarders to do simpler, lower-key eps to get a feel for the characters before doing the actual premier eps

Also of note is that a version of Let's Be Heroes where Stephanie Nadoley did KO's voice does exist, but it was redubbed by Courtenay Taylor. And yet they didn't do that in the other episodes Nadoley did.

It's a bit of a shame she couldn't stick around when the show hit full production. Nothing against Taylor, and she has grown into the role over time, but Nadoley always seemed to sell it better IMO.
According to Ian the eps that nadolny did the VA work for that has Taylor on the final ep (I bet that was also the case for Let's Be Friends and You're Everybody's Sidekick, as You're Level 100 has Nadolny's voice even though it was produced later) were due to the fact that they ended up having to be ADR'd after Nadolny already left (unlike the ones where Nadolny's voice remained, where either none of KO's lines had to be ADR'd or they were before Nadolny left). The reason why Nadolny left in the first place was due to schedule conflicts

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,301 36
Austin, Texas
Of the two I prefer Taylor's KO because it seems more of a better fit for KO due to the more variety that Taylor put in with KO's emotions, Nadolny was fine for KO but it didn't really give KO his own identity.

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,883 41
According to Ian the eps that nadolny did the VA work for that has Taylor on the final ep (I bet that was also the case for Let's Be Friends and You're Everybody's Sidekick, as You're Level 100 has Nadolny's voice even though it was produced later) were due to the fact that they ended up having to be ADR'd after Nadolny already left (unlike the ones where Nadolny's voice remained, where either none of KO's lines had to be ADR'd or they were before Nadolny left). The reason why Nadolny left in the first place was due to schedule conflicts
I'm not sure, I remember picking up on the voice difference during "We Messed Up" and "You're Everybody's Sidekick".

Digamma-F-Wau

Jan 19, 2016
Ratings
I'm not sure, I remember picking up on the voice difference during "We Messed Up" and "You're Everybody's Sidekick".
I'm saying that You're everybody's sidekick is probably one of the episodes where they had recorded Nadolny lines (as it comes before You're Level 100, which has Nadolny as KO's voice) but had to ADR later (and thus since Nadolny was no longer available had to completely replace his lines with Taylors, like with Let's Be Heroes)

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,883 41
I'm saying that You're everybody's sidekick is probably one of the episodes where they had recorded Nadolny lines (as it comes before You're Level 100, which has Nadolny as KO's voice) but had to ADR later (and thus since Nadolny was no longer available had to completely replace his lines with Taylors, like with Let's Be Heroes)
No, I think they kept Nadoley's voice in those.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Ratings
382 10

Digamma-F-Wau

Jan 19, 2016
Ratings
No, I think they kept Nadoley's voice in those.
I believe they kept Nadoley's voice in the first four production episodes.
The eps with Nadolney's voice are Just Be a Pebble (1044-001), Jethro's All Yours (1044-002), the dave/haewon boarded shorts that didn't end up getting released until recently (1044-003), We Messed Up (1044-004), and You're Level 100 (1044-009; though probably actually the 8th boarded given it was boarded by stevie/danny). Let's Be Heroes (1044-005), Let's Be Friends (1044-006), and You're Everybody's Sidekick (1044-007) all have Taylor's voice

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Yeah I'm probably not coming back
I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.