October 2019 Nick Premieres

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Nickelodeon are insane. They really are. They've digitally premiered the first episode of Afraid?.

It's the age of streaming. Get used to it. Better to have a premiere on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram than on the Nick app anyways. (Yes, the first episode is also on Facebook and Instagram as well.)

Magitroopa

Insane? I don't know about that. One thing is certain, though. This is likely just a preview showing before the actual premiere.

The video is 43-44 minutes long. Add in commercials, you got the whole hour there. It is now just a 'preview showing', as the title suggests, it is the "FULL EPISODE".

And to those who think releasing the full first episode on YouTube is a new thing (it's not)...

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader's "3rd Grade Teacher", released on YouTube June 6, 2019, before official premiere on June 10, 2019 at 7pm ET.

All That's "1101", well, this one is different... released on YouTube June 15, 2019, sometime AFTER the official premiere on June 15, 2019 at 8:30pm ET. Yes, was released AFTER it premiered, but it's still watchable on YouTube, so still worth mentioning.

The Casagrandes' "Going Overboard", released on YouTube September 27, 2019, before official premiere on October 14, 2019 at 1:30pm ET.

And now Are You Afraid of the Dark. Welcome to the digital age, folks.

kanc

They also did the same thing with new series of Ricky Zoom, and new season of Bubble Guppies (yes coming back from few years hiatus) on NickJr youtube.

Anyway when it comes to new shows/new series, it will first digitally premiere youtube, Nick app, and on demand before the actual date release on TV

ToonsJazzLover

It doesn’t bothers me since it’s useful for cord cutters to watch the first episode online out of curiosity. Still, I prefer watching it the old fashioned way and Nick is actually giving you many chances to watch the reruns of it instead of only airing once (probably due to its horror nature)

Mandouga

Oh, no. That's not what I meant. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I know it's the full episode. What I meant was that it was being released online first as a "preview" of the eventual TV airing. Again, I'm sorry if I confused anyone. :(

Magitroopa

After doing some digging on the final episode (#101) that's still unaired for Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, it appears it may be airing on October 25.

Here is the whole thread of my progress (please look through it all!):

And here is a post from the contestant herself, Sweta Chakraborty, back on August 1 stating that her episode would be airing on Friday, October 25:

And in response to, "But schedules don't have it on for October 25... here's what I told Toons Fan on Twitter:

"They can definitely still update it though, or it may have been pushed back and she never said anything about it. I asked her in a comment, we'll see if I get any response... but looks like it won't be remaining an 'unaired' episode if it was originally supposed to air October 25"

UPDATE:

Apparently November 3 will be the date, on some sort of, "special John Cena programming block".

Last edited:

kanc

@I Am Nickelodeon 1 I checked zap2it, LEGO Jurassic World episode 6 and episode 7 now will start airing first on NickJr channel starting Oct 21 every Mondays at 12:30PM

Mon Oct 21 12:30PM "Spit Take!"
Mon Oct 28 12:30PM "A Fish Story"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts