"Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+ Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maybe we'll get some info into why exactly he was known as "Ben".
Hmm, I don't know if they have to wrap the season or an episode around a reason other than maybe a pet name a beau had for him or him just being cheeky.

khuddle

Why do we need this series, again? Hasn't Obi-Wan been done to death? Feature in ANH, in all 3 of the Prequels, in the entire Clone Wars animated series, and even in certain episodes of Rebels. We know his story already, time to move on. But this is Star Wars, so we never move on :(

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
1/1: Reportedly casting "Blonde male talent, aged 8–11, with blue eyes, and brunette female talent, aged 8–11, with brown eyes is wanted," which is what led to rumors of young Luke and Leia appearances.

1/10: Jar Jar rumored to appear.

1/23: Scripts are being re-written then production resumes. Allegedly the narrative will be changed and cut from 6 to 4 episodes.

McGregor does crowd control - basically with IX, powers that be could shift focus on scripts, everyone wanted more time to write anyway, will just film in January instead of August, won't affect release date.

2/5: Rumor is the Legends Character A'Sharad Hett was the lead villain before rewrites.

2/27: New working title is Pilgrim.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Moved to 2022 according to an alleged Disney+ France PR statement. Unless it meant later in 2022 because that date was already rumored.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wondered how much in terms of flashbacks on this. I personally want Neeson as Qui Gon. We need Force Ghosts.
I recall he said earlier this year he's done with returning to the big franchises he starred in but did do some voice cameos over the years.

the greenman

I recall he said earlier this year he's done with returning to the big franchises he starred in but did do some voice cameos over the years.
You can't 100% trust the actors in interviews. They sign secret contracts that no one knows about until it comes out. McGregor is 1 example. He was asked before about it years ago and said I guess it's possible.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
You can't 100% trust the actors in interviews. They sign secret contracts that no one knows about until it comes out. McGregor is 1 example. He was asked before about it years ago and said I guess it's possible.
True. Come to think of it, didn't Yoda imply Force Ghost Qui Gon was going to help train Obi-Wan at the end of Episode III?

the greenman

True. Come to think of it, didn't Yoda imply Force Ghost Qui Gon was going to help train Obi-Wan at the end of Episode III?
Yes. A big plot hole imho. Though Clone Wars did explain the origin of Force Ghosts in Season 6. This series gives them the opportunity to explain that further.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yes. A big plot hole imho. Though Clone Wars did explain the origin of Force Ghosts in Season 6. This series gives them the opportunity to explain that further.
True, he would have the time to think on it. Neat, so Force Ghosts have been expanded on. I remember reading something that in Clone Wars they explored other Force practioners like the Whills - was that you're talking about?

the greenman

True, he would have the time to think on it. Neat, so Force Ghosts have been expanded on. I remember reading something that in Clone Wars they explored other Force practioners like the Whills - was that you're talking about?
No. I do think that came up in Rebels, which I have yet to finish up. I left off on Season 3, and saw clips of remaining eps but never finished. I have Disney+, so will get around to it eventually.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
No. I do think that came up in Rebels, which I have yet to finish up. I left off on Season 3, and saw clips of remaining eps but never finished. I have Disney+, so will get around to it eventually.
Oh, right. I think season 6 was the one Yoda went to where Midi-chlorians were created and had to go through a trial or something. (Idk, I've yet to watch any of the animated series, just what articles I skimmed over the years.) But yeah, I could see at least one episode revolving around Obi Wan being trained remotely by Yoda and Force Ghost Qui Gon. And perhaps it would be more of a bonus to those who watched the animated content where they explored more of the Force. But still pretty curious what a whole season will entail.

the greenman

Oh, right. I think season 6 was the one Yoda went to where Midi-chlorians were created and had to go through a trial or something. (Idk, I've yet to watch any of the animated series, just what articles I skimmed over the years.) But yeah, I could see at least one episode revolving around Obi Wan being trained remotely by Yoda and Force Ghost Qui Gon. And perhaps it would be more of a bonus to those who watched the animated content where they explored more of the Force. But still pretty curious what a whole season will entail.
You are correct about that portion of Season 6. Very interesting. What's more interesting, Lucas said his original outline for Episodes 7-9 were about the Midi-Chlorians.

“[The next three ‘Star Wars’ films] were going to get into a microbiotic world,” he told Cameron. “There’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Lucas admitted, “Everybody hated it in ‘Phantom Menace’ [when] we started talking about midi-chlorians.” In terms of his storytelling, Lucas regarded individuals as “vehicles for the Whills to travel around in…And the conduit is the midi-chlorians. The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force.”

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
You are correct about that portion of Season 6. Very interesting. What's more interesting, Lucas said his original outline for Episodes 7-9 were about the Midi-Chlorians.
That makes sense since he was seeding it in the Ep.1-3 trilogy, not just with the Midi-Chlorians but small bits like Qui Gon telling Obi-Wan to live in the present. Or those Guardians of the Whills in Rogue One. In a way, it makes sense the Force is alive. It's interesting there's a definite cosmic origins of the Force mapped out that I'm glad has been tapped. And learning more through Obi Wan in this series would be neat and to have all these connections from the movies, streaming series, and animated series. For awhile, I figured once the Jedi and Sith war is finally over in the latest trilogy, the next would spotlight Force users that are neither. But I'm sure most people don't want 10 episodes of Obi Wan meditating in a cave about the Force. I mean I'd watch it.

the greenman

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship."

-Yoda (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts