O/T - Pennycat and Ron - A Happy Announcement!

Harley

Embarassment Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
As posted on the WBC:

*Ahem*

I just found out some amazing news today. Not that I was surprised, just very happy to see something that I knew would happen finally happen.

After, 6 1/2 years, Ron "Keeper" O'Dell decided he didn't want Linda
(Pennycat) for a girlfriend anymore. So, he asked her to marry him. That's right, on July 4th 2003, Ron proposed to Linda and they are now engaged to be married.

I bet you're wondering... why is this thread on the WBC? Isn't it about
general animation? Well, a long time ago, 1994, to be precise... The WBC was a club dedicated to RPGs, Fan Fics and discussion of the shows found on Kids' WB!.

Pennycat, for those who don't know, was one of the founding members of the WBC. She was Vice Supreme Ruler of the World and became the Supreme Ruler of the World of the Prodigy Classic bulletin board, once the web branch started. While we were running the club, we became best friends. Ron runs Keeper's Cartoon Files, which has been around for a good, long while. If you haven't been to his page, then you probably haven't been on the internet very long.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say there are a lot of things that might not have happened in our lives if the WBC never existed. Without it, Linda, Colin, Brian and I might never have met. Obviously, without the WBC's existence, there would have been no reason for me to move it to the web. Brian and Colin might not have taken over Ron's KWB schedules, each offering it in a unique format. And without those three sites and the WBC forum, there would be no Toon Zone. We all owe a lot to that club that started on a little plot of land in a small corner of Prodigy Classic.

So, with all that said, I hope you'll all join me in congratulating Ron and Linda!

::proudly Wears Her Maid-Of-Honor Badge::

(You may now put your party hats on and get down. Please keep your hands and arms inside the car and refrain from administering noogies, atomic wedgies and/or pantsing the person next to you. Unless I'm not looking. Go crazy, then.)

Please reply here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Man, Keeper and Pennycat.

I don't know the last time I "heard" those names. When I first got online many, many moons ago, one of the best places to find out about what was coming on Kids' WB and Cartoon Network was Keeper's schedules and such. I remember those days. I wasn't much of a poster back then, but I definitely remember those names.

Memories.

Sweet, delicious memories.

Mmm . . . memories.

Glad that you two kids are still together and about to enter that state of matrimony (population: you two). Congrats.

Weatherman

Space...not what it used to be
Staff member
Reporter
I would suppose congradulations are in order, though I hnestly haven't seen either screen name pop up here in awhile, unless I just haven't been paying attention :sweat:

Congrats anyway. May you two have many, many years of happiness together.:)

Roman Legion

Let's Make a Deal
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats to Penny & Ron! Woo hoo! :D

Not sure what else I should say here that hasn't already been said through IM, other than that I'm quite happy for the both of you. =)

--Romey

Outlander00

Another Stand Alone Complex
Though I do not know the elders of the place...

Congratulations!!!! :)

We are all very happy for you, Keeper and Pennycat. The best to your futures :)

Kuja's Light

The power of Trance....
Well, well, big congratulations to the both of them. I hope their life together, is a very happy one, for all time.

Lucky Bob

I'M BRIAN BLESSED
No kiddin'? The Keeper himself, eh? I was a big fan of the AMLF long before ToonZone. Congrats, all you happy people!

PennyCat

Keeper's kitty
Thanks, all! :)

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been too lazy to keep up. As for Keeper, he's just been working a lot and doesn't have much time to come on here.

Anyhoo, thanks to my future maid-of-honor for putting up the announcement for us. ;) *hugs* to Harley.

Maybe I should give you the story of how we met. Well, it's also on my web site, but so I don't have to go through the trouble of finding out the URL for that...

When "Animaniacs!" was on WB and all, I used to love the songs from it. (Okay, I still do. :p) So, I kept asking Harley to transcribe them for me. Eventually it was too much for her, so she referred me to Keeper's web site. I noticed what I thought was a little boo-boo in the lyrics for "Schnitzelbank", because the lyrics that come with the CD were somewhat different than the ones he has on his site. So, I e-mailed Keeper and told him about it.

Well, from there we started having e-mail conversations about the show and all, and eventually started talking about ourselves. At the time I was going to a little university called the University of California at Santa Cruz (UCSC, for short), and he was living there. When I mentioned that I was a student at UCSC, he basically said "Hey, I live there!" and suggested we meet in person. I of course was a little hesitant. I mean, you hear on the news all the time about people who meet on the internet and then like, the girl gets killed by the guy or whatever.

Anyhoo, eventually I agreed to meet up with him, but at first we were "just friends." I wasn't really that attracted to him. Plus I was kinda interested in this other guy I met online, who eventually stopped writing altogether. When I got upset about that, I went to Ron for sort of a shoulder to cry on, but still as friends. As he showed how understanding he was, I realized I was falling for him. So, about a month later, I subtlely hinted that I was interested in being more than just friends and asked how he felt about that. He hinted that he was interested, too. In fact, he told me later on that he wanted to kiss me during one of our first meetings but there was that "other guy" and all, so he didn't try.

So, one thing led to another, and now here we are, more than 6 years later. :)

If you're wondering why it took him so long to ask, well, first he wasn't the "marriage type". Then he changed his ways (luckily, because there were a lot of his friends telling me to dump him if he never wants to get married :eek: ), but college (me still being in it, that is) was an issue. He felt that we shouldn't even be engaged if we can't live together when we get married. His mom and I tried to convince him that it's okay to be engaged for awhile, but he just shrugged that off, too.

Then I graduated college (finally) last June and apparently he decided to propose. :) He told me he actually wanted to ask me last year but he had a little trouble catching me off guard. Oh, by the way, here's the whole story of how he asked...

http://www.livejournal.com/users/penelopecat/

Anyhoo, there you go. That's actually more detail than what I had Ron write out for me for my web site. Hehehe.

However, now I'm having a little trouble finding a job. Boy, did I pick the right time to graduate, huh? :rolleyes: So we won't be getting married until I have a job that pays enough to cover my half of whatever the rent will be at wherever we end up living. But, engagement is a big big step, and yeah, in the journal I seemed to be in a lot of denial over it but now I'm not just fine, I'm totally unbelievably happy. :anime:

So, once again, thanks to all of you for wishing me and Keeper congratulations and all the other blessings. I know some of you might not even know who Keeper and I are. Hence, the history Harley decided to write. :)

Oh, and by the way, Keeper and I would also like to thank Steven Spielberg (as if he would come on and see this :rolleyes: ) for creating "Animaniacs". If it weren't for that we wouldn't have met. And I would like to thank Harley (again) for sending me to Keeper's web site. *music telling me to hurry along starts*

Keeper will be on here eventually to say something, too, especially since I sent the URL to him and all.

*hugs* back to Barb, too!

*looking for award and which side of the stage to exit*

TimTwoFace

Mod, and Minotaur Bait
Congratulations, you two! *HIGH FIVES*

*DUNKS SOMEONE WITH A BARRELL FULL OF ICE AND GATORADE, THEN SCAMPERS OFF*

-Tim

Narfpinky

~splash~
Staff member
Egad Penny and Ron!!! NARRRRFF!!! :)

Congatulations!!!!!!

Zounds! Amazing how :yakko: :wakko: :dot: are the ones who brought you two together. :)

PennyCat

Keeper's kitty
Narfpinky said:
Egad Penny and Ron!!! NARRRRFF!!! :)

Congatulations!!!!!!

Zounds! Amazing how :yakko: :wakko: :dot: are the ones who brought you two together. :)

Yeah I know, huh? I think about that all the time.

So, how have you been? Long time no see. Well, partly my fault for not coming on here that much. ;)

BrendaBat

WTF!?
When did Toonzone become a dating service!? In any case, I'm a single white female. 18 years old. Soon to be Community College student but currently unemployed.... :D

Thats why I love Toonzone. Its an awesome community where anything can happen ;)

Mazel tov Pennycat and Ron! I wish you all the happiness in the world.
:) :) :) :)

Keeper

The history there is slightly off. She was sending me email at my armory.com account. She didn't know that it was a "Geek House" in Santa Cruz, and she was sending from AOL, so I had no idea where she was, either. I only checked the Armory account once every week or two, whereas my regular email account was actually at ucsc.edu (they used to sell accounts to the public). So eventually I told her that she'd get quicker replies if she sends email to my UCSC account.

The first words of her next email were, "Oh... my... god..." So it was Linda who first realized that we lived in the same town. But, yes, it was me who suggested we should meet. I'd met people from online for years (I've been online since 1983 and used the internet regularly since about 1985), and had met a bunch of Animaniacs fans already, for this was a year after the famous Animania IV event -- http://www2.cruzio.com/~keeper/m_after.htm & picture http://www2.cruzio.com/~keeper/m_group.htm -- and Animania V, a few months after Animania X ... and after other assorted get-togethers throughout California.

It isn't just amazing that the two of us met because of Animaniacs. I know three married couples who met because of the show. They're all products of the IRC channels (now from wtower.com servers), which were formed as a way of alt.tv.animaniacs readers to "meet". To use their online (some of which were real anyway), they're Brendan & spot, Taper & Beth, and Acme & Okkay! AcmeMouse some people may remember as Brian Norman, who had run the A.C.M.E.L.A.B.S. web site. Brendan Dunn had run the Rasputin FTP server, waaay back in the day when everything you ever wanted or could find on the internet was via FTP servers (remember, Animaniacs began before the World-Wide Web took off).

By the way, I had my tape recorder going when I proposed -- http://www.california.com/~keeper/proposal.mp3

Thanks for the kind words, everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:

PennyCat

Keeper's kitty
Keeper said:
The history there is slightly off. She was sending me email at my armory.com account. She didn't know that it was a "Geek House" in Santa Cruz, and she was sending from AOL, so I had no idea where she was, either. I only checked the Armory account once every week or two, whereas my regular email account was actually at ucsc.edu (they used to sell accounts to the public). So eventually I told her that she'd get quicker replies if she sends email to my UCSC account.

Ah, so I mis-remembered a minor detail. What do you expect from someone who's been in the same relationship for longer than she can remember? Hehehe.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Okay this is funny and actually pretty cool.

Asa
There are now 31 days remaining of 2020.
Well, it's that time of year again! Anyone excited for the Holidays?

The winner of this matchup is "The Mystic Isles: A Very Mystic Wassalia", which got 2 votes. "11 Louds A Leapin" got 1 vote. The next matchup is between the Fancy Nancy episode "Nancy And The Nice List" and the Big City Greens episode "Christmas Greens".

Wrote an overview of Master.com, so folks will know what it was when it shuts down at the year’s end: Master.com