Now that Disney is absorbing Fox Studios, when will they make another X-Men cartoon and what should it be about?

Latest News & Videos

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I'd love a relaunch for Wolverine and the X-Men, but it's never going to happen. The show went off the air 10 years ago.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
This is random but I was rereading the X-Men/Teen Titans crossover and it got me thinking of some of the animated stuff we've seen in the last ten years like the two Teen Titans movies, Hulk vs Wolverine, X-Men Anime, Young Justice, etc. It would have been really cool to see an X-Men DTV written with slightly older fans in mind than the Disney XD audience. Sure, that won't ever happen but I have fun picturing these things. It would be especially cool if Madhouse was in charge of the animation like they were on some projects like the various anime series and movies or Hulk Vs. While they couldn't get the level of development that they could with a series, a movie (s) would allow them to use heavier subject matter more easily, while being less costly financially. They could focus on a shorter story as well without eventually dragging on like they did with the X-Men Anime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
This is random but I was rereading the X-Men/Teen Titans crossover and it got me thinking of some of the animated stuff we've seen in the last ten years like the two Teen Titans movies, Hulk vs Wolverine, X-Men Anime, Young Justice, etc. It would have been really cool to see an X-Men DTV written with slightly older fans in mind than the Disney XD audience. Sure, that won't ever happen but I have fun picturing these things. It would be especially cool if Madhouse was in charge of the animation like they were on some projects like the various anime series and movies or Hulk Vs. While they couldn't get the level of development that they could with a series, a movie (s) would allow them to use heavier subject matter more easily, while being less costly financially. They could focus on a shorter story as well without eventually dragging on like they did with the X-Men Anime.

I'd love to see them do the Phoenix Saga as a series of animated movies :cool:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It would be cool to see how they'd handle that or any of the other classic stories like Days of Future Past or Proteus today. I've always wanted to see X-Men vs Avengers, or the original Giant Size X-Men story, or even just a fun adventure about breaking out of Murderworld. I really hope something's announced this year.