Now that Disney is absorbing Fox Studios, when will they make another X-Men cartoon and what should it be about?

Latest News & Videos

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Now that Disney is absorbing Fox Studios, when will they make another X-Men cartoon? Also, what should a new X-Men cartoon be about? There have been 3 X-Men cartoons, but its been a decade since the last one and that one only lasted one season. What should a new X-Men cartoon do to stand out from the previous ones?

Reactions: brodie999

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think once the deal is finalized it definitely means the embargo on the X-Men characters in other media will finally be officially lifted :).

As far as what a new cartoon should do? Well, we haven't gotten an X-Men cartoon in over a decade, so I guess it would be important for the show to do a good job of establishing and developing the X-Men for a new generation of kids and younger audiences ;).

I'm not sure if I see them rushing into an original X-Men cartoon when the standard for Marvel Animation seems to be to base everything so closely around the movies, so it's possible we won't see one until the MCU finally delivers it's first X-Men movie :confused:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
The crazy part of me wants to see them just relaunch Wolverine And The X-Men, as I think that was not only cut down in its prime, but I also think it was by far the best Marvel cartoon ever. But I would also accept a DTV wrap-up.
Lately, I had been thinking of what Marvel series I'd like to see resurrected like Young Justice was and Wolverine and the X-Men was what came to mind for me as well. There was a lot left to explore before the show was cut off and I've been eager to see the X-Men back in animation in general, for a long time.

Marvel is going to need to make The X-Men a franchise kids care about again and I hope they use animation to help pave the way, like they did with Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It's a bit different with 20 years of movies out there already but I speculate that kids might have grown away from those.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I was a big fan of WaTXM, but I'd rather we get a fresh-faced X-Men cartoon for a new generation (and not so focused on Wolverine) :).

Wolverine should still be voiced by Steve Blum though ;).
Marvel is going to need to make The X-Men a franchise kids care about again and I hope they use animation to help pave the way, like they did with Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It's a bit different with 20 years of movies out there already but I speculate that kids might have grown away from those.
Especially as they moved more and more away from the colorful heroics that have led the Marvel movies to great success :sweat:.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
A show where it’s mostly just Professor X and a few classic X-Men characters travel the world to help mutants and have them join the school would be good. Each episode can give one or two new mutants focus, and that way we can introduce the vast number of mutants to new audiences, hopefully we’ll get a lot of the ones that got de-powered back in action. Has that been undone in the comics yet?

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Though it works differently; basing it on the acquisition of Marvel in about 2009, Disney started work on their Spider-Man fairly soon. It premiered in 2012, so here we are in 2019, maybe they can start in 2020 and we can have one in 2022.

Reactions: Frontier

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
For starters, I can see them being told to get away from the persecution angle, so...sort of like with this current Spidey series, have the mutants actually feel like they're constantly helping society with their powers. That's going to put a dent in Magneto, but he can still be a complex fellow if his relationships are developed well enough a la Norman Osborn.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
For starters, I can see them being told to get away from the persecution angle, so...sort of like with this current Spidey series, have the mutants actually feel like they're constantly helping society with their powers. That's going to put a dent in Magneto, but he can still be a complex fellow if his relationships are developed well enough a la Norman Osborn.
The whole persecution of mutants was something I really hated about the X-Men, so I’m all up for it to be downplayed, but not completely gone, since you can get a few good stories from it.
I think in today’s society, people would appreciate what many mutants could do. Even help them get jobs with their abilities. In fact, having Professor X find jobs for mutants in each episode would be great.

Draco Dracul

Jun 2, 2017
The whole persecution of mutants was something I really hated about the X-Men, so I’m all up for it to be downplayed, but not completely gone, since you can get a few good stories from it.
I think in today’s society, people would appreciate what many mutants could do. Even help them get jobs with their abilities. In fact, having Professor X find jobs for mutants in each episode would be great.
I know they'd never go for it, but I'd kind of like to see a series where mutants have been around for a while and won hard fought battles, real and legal, in the past, but tensions are rising again.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
.Something that bring focus to the Grant Morrison and post Grant Morrison storylines that haven't been adopted yet, like have the focus on the current Young X-Men in the comics.

brodie999

Jul 1, 2016
I hope they bring the cancelled Deadpool series back into production considering how Disney is gonna let Fox retain its more adult approach to films and TV series. This'd inspire Marvel to create more adult animated shows.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
May 26, 2015
NY
Exactly. People with innate superpowers would either be paid handsomely and/or run society. The persecution is really dated though the Sentinels are sick.

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. People with innate superpowers would either be paid handsomely and/or run society. The persecution is really dated though the Sentinels are sick.
I actually completely disagree that persecution angle is dated, really the mutants are a metaphor for real-world persecution and as long as that exists, I think it's still relevant. Heck, I think it's more relevant now then it has been in a while. That being said, they could give it more nuance, instead of everyone in society just hating mutants, opinions could be more divided, with certain powerful people pushing an anti-mutant agenda.

I think the thing is the persecution angle is part of the X-Men mythos, take that away and they are just another generic super hero team, taking that away takes away the thing that makes them unique.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Like The Overlord said, the persecution angle really isn't dated and real-life bigotry is rarely (if ever) rationale, so why should a fictional equivalent be?