Nintendo Still Consider The Nintendo 3DS A Focus

• Enter to win a $100 or a $50 gift code to FUN.com. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I'd be pretty surprised if they do continue focus on the 3DS. With the Switch being such a huge hit, US/UM being the last 3DS Pokemon titles and a main series Pokemon game being in development for the system, I figured that the 3DS would start getting less focused. I don't think that there are any major games for the 3DS coming out this year. There are a few new games for the system, but I don't think anything huge.

They could be just saying this so that they don't lose support for the 3DS completely, especially if it still sells that well, and they are in new territory with the Switch. As successful as the Switch is, it would still probably be good to not put their eggs in one basket. They may still be into the idea of a traditional handheld system to succeed the 3DS as well.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Nintendo should make an add-on for the Switch that allows it to play Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS games.