"Nightwing" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Otaku-sempai

The only way I could justify the age is if he was going to play an older Dick as Nightwing and a young Dick as Robin.
That only seems likely if the film only flashes back as far as Dick transitioning to Nightwing or if there is a younger actor for a Robin as a boy or younger teen.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
McKay tweeted they haven't started casting for Nightwing yet. Rumor wrangling. ;)

Or were you referring to Bruce's age? Mid-40s might work for that. That might put Dick Grayson in his late-20s or early-30s.
Yeah, somewhere they established Bruce in the DCEU was born in 1971 or 1972 I think. Should be easy to Google.

Otaku-sempai

McKay tweeted they haven't started casting for Nightwing yet. Rumor wrangling. ;)

Yeah, somewhere they established Bruce in the DCEU was born in 1971 or 1972 I think. Should be easy to Google.
The grave of Martha Wayne in BvS places the deaths of Bruce's parents in 1981, which would make Bruce at least 44 years old in 2017, depending on his year of birth.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The grave of Martha Wayne in BvS places the deaths of Bruce's parents in 1981, which would make Bruce at least 44 years old in 2017, depending on his year of birth.
Plus, he said something to the effect of he's now older than his father was and Thomas was 39 when he was killed. So by BvS, he's in his early to mid 40s. I would put him at 44-45 in JL. So I would guess he started as Batman in the mid-90s, met Dick Grayson around 1999/2000, worked with him to maybe mid-2000. Then Jason after that and Joker and Harley kill him around 2010-2011.

Otaku-sempai

It is being reported that "Nightwing director Chris McKay has confirmed that Warner Bros. will hold an open casting call for the lead role of Dick Grayson."
"There will be an open casting call but that is like Vegas odds for sure," McKay tweeted. "Don’t leave your career up to chance. Believe in yourself. Bet on yourself. Get an agent or a manager."

Frontier

Staff member
I just find it kind of funny that this movie seems to be moving smoothly along production-wise and it's not even on the official DCEU production slate :p.

the greenman

He has good taste :p.

I do think it would be interesting to see a live-action Superhero movie actually attempt to incorporate the pure white eyes for a domino mask, just to see whether it can work or not :).
Deadpool and Spider-Man in Civil War and Homecoming showed this.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Those are full face-masks though, I'm talking about domino masks like Green Arrow, GA, and Nightwing.
The closest we got was Batman's mecha suit in BvS.

886ece253e966e17f3cbc6420d101455.jpg

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts