Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylop97

Staff member
The second Nicktoons discussion thread has reached above a thousand posts, so it's been archived. Discuss Nicktoons the channel news here.

PREVIOUS DISCUSSION
Click Here

I'm surprised El Tigre is coming back in reruns in late night hours. I don't remember the show being popular when it was currently airing and it had a short run. It always felt like one of Nickelodeon's least popular shows honestly.

Also surprised that SpongeBob isn't on the Nicktoons schedule. It's a really really popular show and Nickelodeon's most famous cartoon.

rockorockorocko

So Nick is making their top shows only available on the main network, and being more accountable to the actual brands the networks are going for. Looks like Nicktoons is gonna be an "action" and "bro" network. Only live action on the network fit the "action" element, which works. Only caveat is simulcasting of premieres off the network.

I don't how long Nick will commit to this and if they'll change things if ratings tumble, BUT if they hold to this. Good for them. Seriously... that's a solid schedule.

Anthony Riley

Things will continue to get better in February with the removal of NickSports.
Also NickSports reminds me of CN Real, except that CN Real was not nearly aired as much as NickSports.

kanc

So Nick is making their top shows only available on the main network, and being more accountable to the actual brands the networks are going for. Looks like Nicktoons is gonna be an "action" and "bro" network. Only live action on the network fit the "action" element, which works. Only caveat is simulcasting of premieres off the network.

I don't how long Nick will commit to this and if they'll change things if ratings tumble, BUT if they hold to this. Good for them. Seriously... that's a solid schedule.
what do you mean "caveat"?

Anthony Riley

There's a lot of FOP, TMNT, and Alvin, but I very much perfer this schedule over the last one we've had for awhile.
Agreed.

Could there be a Nicksplat for Nicktoons, Teen Nick, and Nick Jr?

Mod Note: Double Post Merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Light Lucario

Staff member
Could there be a Nicksplat for Nicktoons, Teen Nick, and Nick Jr?

A Nicksplat for Nicktoons and Teen Nick would feel kind of redundant. Most nostalgic shows for those channels could work on the regular Splat, such as when they've aired some of the early 2000's Nicktoons on the block. Nick Jr. would be an interesting choice, but I don't know if there's a huge market of nostalgic preschool shows. Not to mention I don't know if Nickelodeon would have the rights to all of the preschool shows that they used to air on Nick Jr. back in the day.

Yin

Depressed Housecat
A Nicksplat for Nicktoons and Teen Nick would feel kind of redundant. Most nostalgic shows for those channels could work on the regular Splat, such as when they've aired some of the early 2000's Nicktoons on the block. Nick Jr. would be an interesting choice, but I don't know if there's a huge market of nostalgic preschool shows. Not to mention I don't know if Nickelodeon would have the rights to all of the preschool shows that they used to air on Nick Jr. back in the day.

Yeah and Nick Jr airs some older stuff overnight

ssh sentfrom@tapatalk.com

Vaughn Max

If Nick Jr ever made their own version of The Splat, it could just air old Nick Jr originals and not acquired stuff since they probably don't have the rights to that stuff anymore

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Noggin is a bit like Nick Jr. Splat already, but one on the channel would be good, and could even include Rugrats (Nick Jr. in the UK did).

kanc

Noggin is a bit like Nick Jr. Splat already, but one on the channel would be good, and could even include Rugrats (Nick Jr. in the UK did).
Rugrats also used to air on NickJr USA for only a short time back few years ago

Yin

Depressed Housecat
Rugrats also used to air on NickJr USA for only a short time back few years ago

That was during the failed nickmom block nick jr did air Kung fu panda and loud house though

Also why are we discussing this on the nicktoons channel thread

ssh sentfrom@tapatalk.com

JTOONSAnimation

Nicktoons' new schedule is pretty interesting! Nice to get some shows that have been off for a while.
nicktoons.PNG

kanc

With NickSports premieres that will move to TeenNick, NickSports block will still repeat on Nicktoons: Fri 12AM-2AM, and Sat 10AM-12PM. It does lose Fri 9PM-11PM and Sun 10AM-12PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts