Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toons Fan

Not sure if that was mentioned, though Harvey Beaks reruns returns to 5:10am and 5:35AM, weekends Kung Fu Panda extended until 5:35AM, which only gets Harvey Beaks at 5:35AM on weekends. Legend of Korra is gone AGAIN.

I'm calling it The Legend of Korra will return for only two weeks next month again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
New Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V episodes return on January 13, but starting with the season 3 premiere.

Light Lucario

Staff member
New Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V episodes return on January 13, but starting with the season 3 premiere.

Well that does explain how they could possibly finish the series within next year, but this decision is really awful. It's not as bad as if the season wasn't ever dubbed, but it's not going to help people who have been following the series through the Nicktoons airings. Granted, I don't know how many people are just keeping up with the Nicktoons airing given their long unnecessary breaks, but that's still pretty lousy treatment.

Despite how some fans reacted to the season while it was airing in Japan, the second season is really important and certainly not skippable. You can't go from the end of season one to the start of season three without being confused. You're going to miss a lot of important character moments, world building and plot developments that factor into this season. The second season is also my favorite one out of Arc V's three seasons, has some fantastic duels and has my absolute favorite moment in the whole series, which is also one of my favorite moments in the entire franchise. The notion that they're skipping this entire season is frustrating on multiple levels. They probably could have gotten to this season by that point if they didn't take their sweet time going through the first season. Not to mention this is basically encouraging people to find the episodes through illegal means. I don't know if 4K Media already has season two episodes already available on iTunes. I'm pretty sure that they just have the first season on DVD.

A part of me wonders if they're doing this so that they could possibly air Vrains sooner, but that wouldn't really make much sense. They didn't bother finishing Zexal before airing Arc V, so they could have easily done that again and they could still do that. There isn't any sign of a Vrains dub coming anytime soon either. Plus, I don't think it would be worth rushing through Arc V in order to get to Vrains sooner since I don't like it. It's not awful, but I'm really not feeling it. I don't think it's particularly good for various reasons. It's possible that 4K Media wanted them to get to the third season so that they could feature cards that are at least somewhat more marketing relevant than the first season's cards, but if they had that much influence over how Nicktoons aired the series, one would think that they'd go for a more consistent premiere schedule for the series in the first place.

If anything, this development does make me further appreciate that I follow the Japanese version now and that Crunchyroll has nearly the whole series subbed. Waiting all this time for new episodes only to find out that they skipped an entire season for the U.S. would get me even more angry than it does now. While the series get complete dubs now, they still take way too long to make it worthwhile in my opinion, especially when they have finally gotten a simulcast sub off the ground. As much as I dislike Vrains, I am glad that we have official subs for it for multiple reasons. It's because of developments like this that made me angry for sticking with the dubs. It's not quite as bad as giving fans incomplete dubs, but it is taking out a lot of important aspects of the story to still make it feel incomplete unless people track down the second season. It's pretty awful and there's no good excuse for them to do this.

jaylop97

Staff member
Weird they would skip the second season, It isn't too often that Nick or s Nicktoons would skip a season of a show, and its unfortunate it had to be a show like Arc-V knowing that it is an arc oriented show that follows continuity and events.

4Kids4EverFandom

Further Confirmation on S3 premiering Next Month.. And The reasoning.. by Nicktoons rep in an email.

Yes, we will be launching season 3 of ARC-V on 01/13/18.
But we will not air season 2 as per request from Konami.

Nicktoons took too long to air season 1 of ARC-V and fell behind the rest of the world in terms of consumer products, marketing, and promotion for the series.

Konami wanted us to catch up with the rest of world and the only way to do it was by skipping season 2 and going directly into season 3.

In addition, there is a new series coming in the fall and we needed to complete ARC-V before then.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Further Confirmation on S3 premiering Next Month.. And The reasoning.. by Nicktoons rep in an email.

Konami making this request does make sense. They've already released all of the Arc V era booster packs and have started with the Vrains era cards, while Nicktoons is still promoting the first season's cards, which are about two years out of date in terms of being marketing relevant. While I can understand why they'd want Nicktoons to catch up, I'm genuinely confused why they didn't step in sooner. Arc V, like all of the spin-off series, exist primarily to promote the cards. If they aren't at least somewhat close to the cards currently being released, then that's a huge problem.

This isn't a new development either. The fact that it took Nicktoons nearly two years just to complete the first season is beyond pathetic. There is no good reason why they needed to take that long, especially when other countries already aired the first two seasons by this point. I'm not sure who is more at fault here. Nicktoons for treating the series so poorly or Konami not stepping in sooner when they could apparently make requests to Nicktoons. At least the rep recognized that Nicktoons did mess up with taking too long to complete season one.

Although, I don't know why they think that skipping to season three was the only way they could catch up. They could have easily given the series a weekday premiere slot instead. They could go through season two in about two months. I'm not sure how much they've dubbed of season three yet, but it's possible that they could just go through both seasons by fall if they gave it a weekday premiere slot. Both seasons add up to about a hundred more episodes and if they go through at least twenty episodes a month, then they could be done by around May or June. This is assuming that they wouldn't go into unnecessary breaks. They could still get to the more recent cards faster like Konami wanted without skipping over an entire season. It's not like Nicktoons has a fantastic schedule as it is or that they couldn't afford to do that. They simply don't want to give the series more than one or two premieres. There are honestly few episodes within the whole series that you can skip over without losing much. The series has an on-going storyline and while I think that the dub does loses a lot of the strengths from the original version, it's going to just end up confusing dub fans. You cannot go from Yuya vs. Sora to Yuya and a couple of characters ending up in the Xyz dimension without being completely lost.

I assume that the new series coming in the fall is the Vrains dub. Keeping the series to Nicktoons would be akin to a death sentence at this point, but I also wouldn't be surprised if 4K Media/Konami is that desperate to keep the series on TV regardless of how poorly Nicktoons treats the franchise. If they do want to complete Arc V before getting to Vrains, that would be really confusing. They didn't have a problem not airing the rest of Zexal and 4K Media just uploaded the rest of the series onto Hulu. Plus, it's not like Vrains is connected to Arc V. The series is pretty stand alone right now and I honestly expect it to be set in its own universe. Or at least I wouldn't expect any connections to Arc V or any of the other series. Even if that wasn't the case, it's not like Nicktoons would care about keeping the story in tact for the audience when they're willing to skip over an entire season.

Maybe this wouldn't be as bad if the dub of season two was at least legally available, but it isn't. They only have the first season on iTunes and I'm pretty sure that the DVDs only cover the first season. They do have the season legally subbed on Crunchyroll, but that doesn't cover the dub version and wouldn't necessarily be enough for those who want to watch it dubbed. It would also be kind of confusing to just watch one season subbed before going back to the dub. It's possible that 4K Media will eventually put the episodes on iTunes and DVD, especially when I don't see a reason for them to skip releasing a season they've already dubbed all together. I was planning on eventually taking about all of the season one episodes that have aired just to gush more about the series, but given that no one else was interested in talking about the series and this development means that fewer people are going to see the second season, as well as confusing anyone who hasn't already watched it, that does make me much less interested in doing so. It's a shame because I do genuinely love Arc V and I enjoy talking about it. It's one reason why this development resulted in this long response. It's upsetting to see one of my favorite shows being treated so poorly and skipping over my favorite season of it as well.

And if they do plan on airing Vrains in the fall, I don't plan on watching it. Not only because of how I feel about the series right now, but because it would ultimately get terrible treatment by Nicktoons. Why should I bother watching the series on the channel when they won't air the whole thing? Even if my feelings on Vrains drastically change, which doesn't seem too likely at this point, I'd rather just keep my Crunchyroll membership to watch the subs every week. It also means that I can rewatch Arc V without commercials and in HD, which is a much bigger selling point to me.

I can see it,I bet Disney will buy Yu-Gi-Oh! by 2019

I doubt that. While Nicktoons treats the franchise horribly, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only channel willing to air the series anymore. Disney XD would at least give the series consistent premieres and put all of the episodes on their website/On Demand, but they may also not be interested in the franchise. It is a shame since it would fit with their other anime titles and having Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! on the same channel again would be awesome for me. But it just doesn't seem likely at this point.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Konami making this request does make sense. They've already released all of the Arc V era booster packs and have started with the Vrains era cards, while Nicktoons is still promoting the first season's cards, which are about two years out of date in terms of being marketing relevant. While I can understand why they'd want Nicktoons to catch up, I'm genuinely confused why they didn't step in sooner. Arc V, like all of the spin-off series, exist primarily to promote the cards. If they aren't at least somewhat close to the cards currently being released, then that's a huge problem.

This isn't a new development either. The fact that it took Nicktoons nearly two years just to complete the first season is beyond pathetic. There is no good reason why they needed to take that long, especially when other countries already aired the first two seasons by this point. I'm not sure who is more at fault here. Nicktoons for treating the series so poorly or Konami not stepping in sooner when they could apparently make requests to Nicktoons. At least the rep recognized that Nicktoons did mess up with taking too long to complete season one.

Although, I don't know why they think that skipping to season three was the only way they could catch up. They could have easily given the series a weekday premiere slot instead. They could go through season two in about two months. I'm not sure how much they've dubbed of season three yet, but it's possible that they could just go through both seasons by fall if they gave it a weekday premiere slot. Both seasons add up to about a hundred more episodes and if they go through at least twenty episodes a month, then they could be done by around May or June. This is assuming that they wouldn't go into unnecessary breaks. They could still get to the more recent cards faster like Konami wanted without skipping over an entire season. It's not like Nicktoons has a fantastic schedule as it is or that they couldn't afford to do that. They simply don't want to give the series more than one or two premieres. There are honestly few episodes within the whole series that you can skip over without losing much. The series has an on-going storyline and while I think that the dub does loses a lot of the strengths from the original version, it's going to just end up confusing dub fans. You cannot go from Yuya vs. Sora to Yuya and a couple of characters ending up in the Xyz dimension without being completely lost.

I assume that the new series coming in the fall is the Vrains dub. Keeping the series to Nicktoons would be akin to a death sentence at this point, but I also wouldn't be surprised if 4K Media/Konami is that desperate to keep the series on TV regardless of how poorly Nicktoons treats the franchise. If they do want to complete Arc V before getting to Vrains, that would be really confusing. They didn't have a problem not airing the rest of Zexal and 4K Media just uploaded the rest of the series onto Hulu. Plus, it's not like Vrains is connected to Arc V. The series is pretty stand alone right now and I honestly expect it to be set in its own universe. Or at least I wouldn't expect any connections to Arc V or any of the other series. Even if that wasn't the case, it's not like Nicktoons would care about keeping the story in tact for the audience when they're willing to skip over an entire season.

Maybe this wouldn't be as bad if the dub of season two was at least legally available, but it isn't. They only have the first season on iTunes and I'm pretty sure that the DVDs only cover the first season. They do have the season legally subbed on Crunchyroll, but that doesn't cover the dub version and wouldn't necessarily be enough for those who want to watch it dubbed. It would also be kind of confusing to just watch one season subbed before going back to the dub. It's possible that 4K Media will eventually put the episodes on iTunes and DVD, especially when I don't see a reason for them to skip releasing a season they've already dubbed all together. I was planning on eventually taking about all of the season one episodes that have aired just to gush more about the series, but given that no one else was interested in talking about the series and this development means that fewer people are going to see the second season, as well as confusing anyone who hasn't already watched it, that does make me much less interested in doing so. It's a shame because I do genuinely love Arc V and I enjoy talking about it. It's one reason why this development resulted in this long response. It's upsetting to see one of my favorite shows being treated so poorly and skipping over my favorite season of it as well.

And if they do plan on airing Vrains in the fall, I don't plan on watching it. Not only because of how I feel about the series right now, but because it would ultimately get terrible treatment by Nicktoons. Why should I bother watching the series on the channel when they won't air the whole thing? Even if my feelings on Vrains drastically change, which doesn't seem too likely at this point, I'd rather just keep my Crunchyroll membership to watch the subs every week. It also means that I can rewatch Arc V without commercials and in HD, which is a much bigger selling point to me.

I doubt that. While Nicktoons treats the franchise horribly, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only channel willing to air the series anymore. Disney XD would at least give the series consistent premieres and put all of the episodes on their website/On Demand, but they may also not be interested in the franchise. It is a shame since it would fit with their other anime titles and having Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! on the same channel again would be awesome for me. But it just doesn't seem likely at this point.

Who Knows,Maybe Secretly there is a exact at Disney who Secretly wants the show to be aired on Disney XD,Its sad that Nicktoons treats the franchise horribly,They could buy some more Anime's and Fight Disney XD in the ratings,Though considering the rate Nicktoons is going now,I doubt that will happen.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
So...because they dragged their feet (to say the least) on finishing season 1 of Arc-V, they're now being forced to skip all of season 2?

Wow. Just wow. It's mind-boggling how horrible Arc-V has been treated in America. They've arguably messed up in every way they can.

And now they still plan to air VRains? That scares me more than anything else.

Light Lucario

Staff member
So...because they dragged their feet (to say the least) on finishing season 1 of Arc-V, they're now being forced to skip all of season 2?

Wow. Just wow. It's mind-boggling how horrible Arc-V has been treated in America. They've arguably messed up in every way they can.

Pretty much. And I thought that they treated Zexal poorly. While they did, at least 4K Media was more on top of things with putting the episodes up on Hulu. They were at least attempting to make up for Nicktoons' treatment of Zexal, so I don't know why they didn't do that for Arc V. Even if they couldn't put up the dub on Crunchyroll or Hulu, I don't know why they didn't make a request for Nicktoons to catch up sooner.

I doubt that they're being forced to skip all of season two per say. Konami wants them to get to the new material faster, but they probably could have been okay with waiting another couple of months if Nicktoons wanted to go with the weekday premiere slot route. They most likely weren't interested in giving the show that many slots. Both Nicktoons and 4K Media dropped the ball pretty hard here, although I'd probably give more blame to Nicktoons in this case since it's their own darn fault. If they didn't take their sweet time finishing season one, they probably could have been at least in the middle of season two by now and they could have avoided this mess entirely.

Gold Guy said:
And now they still plan to air VRains? That scares me more than anything else.

Yeah, if they do plan on airing Vrains, then the dub is already in trouble. There is no chance that they're going to treat the series well after both Zexal and Arc V. Even before moving to Nicktoons, the dubs of the various series have had long unnecessary breaks before. GX and especially 5D's suffered that and in the case of 5D's, 4Kids had complete control over their block, so this has been an issue for awhile. Staying on Nicktoons is obviously not a good thing and I don't know why either Nicktoons or 4K Media would want to continue their relationship. Nicktoons clearly doesn't care about the franchise and while I could see 4K Media being really desperate to keep the series on TV, the airings on Nicktoons certainly aren't helping boast the card sells, so I don't see what either party involved really get out of this deal. Given the rise of online streaming sites, 4K Media would be far better off making Vrains and any other future series online exclusives to Hulu, Crunchyroll or Netflix if they want to release a few episodes at a time instead of putting out one new episode every week.

Yin

Depressed Housecat
Nicktoons seems to be premiering some live action shows now this is not the first time they have premiered live action sitcoms and this wont be the last either

The Thundermans and Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn will premiere new Saturday January 6th at 8pm
Dude Perfect and School of rock are Sunday at 7pm

kanc

Nicktoons seems to be premiering some live action shows now this is not the first time they have premiered live action sitcoms and this wont be the last either

The Thundermans and Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn will premiere new Saturday January 6th at 8pm
Dude Perfect and School of rock are Sunday at 7pm

Yes I believe (not counting for specials/events) the first time as regular thing. Nicktoons and TeenNick are simulcasting Nickelodeon live action premieres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts