Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbitearsblog

Both channels are pretty disposable to be honest. They at least seem to have more events on Teen Nick than on Nicktoons, but both of them are used primarily as channels to toss in old reruns or shows that they don't want to air on the main channel. I doubt that they'd get rid of both channels, but I don't think that Nickelodeon would suffer drastically without them either.

The only problem with getting rid of either TeenNick or Nicktoons is that would mean that the older shows would have no place to air. Even though there is another option (either buy the TV shows on DVDs or Blu Rays or watch them through online streaming), there might be some people who still want to watch the shows on TV or there might be some shows that haven't gotten a DVD release or aren't available online and being on TV is the only place they got at the moment. So, I think that one of them should stay up and it all depends on how creative Nickelodeon can get with the schedules to keep the viewers interested.

jaylop97

Staff member
The only problem with getting rid of either TeenNick or Nicktoons is that would mean that the older shows would have no place to air. Even though there is another option (either buy the TV shows on DVDs or Blu Rays or watch them through online streaming), there might be some people who still want to watch the shows on TV or there might be some shows that haven't gotten a DVD release or aren't available online and being on TV is the only place they got at the moment. So, I think that one of them should stay up and it all depends on how creative Nickelodeon can get with the schedules to keep the viewers interested.
When it comes to need either one can be let go, because at this point there really isn't anything major going on either channel other than being places to rerun (some) shows, for them to keep both it really would take more effort especially if they had to increase the shows of rerun doing that for both would be too time consuming and might not lead to much of a difference especially now with Spectrum changing both channels to an expensive package, which will lead to both channels seeing less viewers altogether.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I think Nicktoons should shut down (with Nick Jr. taking over it's space where not available) and TeenNick should be outright rebranded to NickSplat.

I can't imagine there are many cable packages where you'd get Nicktoons but not already have Nick Jr.

Light Lucario

Staff member

Nicktoons doesn't seem to air a lot of older series though. I can understand wanting to see these shows on TV, especially when they may not be available on DVD or iTunes, but I don't know if that's enough of a reason to keep either channel going. Both Nicktoons and Teen Nick have been on autopilot for awhile, especially the former. I don't know if they need two channels that primarily exist to air reruns of their old shows.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
After its switch to NickMusic it sadly hasn't seen much attention, it just became NickMusic but nothing else was really intended for it.
Perhaps the channel turned into an automated playlist channel of some sort like MTV Classic.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Those shows have almsot no chances to have reruns, especially since their first runs lasted for a short amount of time.
Well, Danny Phantom had a decent run, though yeah, it’s not that likely Nicktoons will air them in January.

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything
Why can't the channel air reruns of Catscratch, The X’s, El Tigre and Danny Phantom for January of 2018?

They used to do reruns for Danny, but that was from last year, while the others, are not likely to get any chance since they have a relatively short run (especially when a show is that lasted only one season)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kanc

Why can't the channel air reruns of Catscratch, The X’s, El Tigre and Danny Phantom for January of 2018?
please stop living in the past, as in "Why can't some network air any classics", like others said it's not coming back, and there's nothing we can do about it. nicktoons network is not what it currently seems to be sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have noticed that Toonzone changed the layout.
Power Rangers Reboot! An entirely new universe of shows and movies!
This year is cursed. Every single time there is a spark of hope or excitement, it's extinguished.
I don't even know if it's worth posting weekly schedules for Nicktoons, NickJr, and TeenNick? Barely there were any changes, except for a little and then I would post..