Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread 2

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbitearsblog

Jul 6, 2011
United States
Both channels are pretty disposable to be honest. They at least seem to have more events on Teen Nick than on Nicktoons, but both of them are used primarily as channels to toss in old reruns or shows that they don't want to air on the main channel. I doubt that they'd get rid of both channels, but I don't think that Nickelodeon would suffer drastically without them either.
The only problem with getting rid of either TeenNick or Nicktoons is that would mean that the older shows would have no place to air. Even though there is another option (either buy the TV shows on DVDs or Blu Rays or watch them through online streaming), there might be some people who still want to watch the shows on TV or there might be some shows that haven't gotten a DVD release or aren't available online and being on TV is the only place they got at the moment. So, I think that one of them should stay up and it all depends on how creative Nickelodeon can get with the schedules to keep the viewers interested.

Reactions: bart_simpson7

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
The only problem with getting rid of either TeenNick or Nicktoons is that would mean that the older shows would have no place to air. Even though there is another option (either buy the TV shows on DVDs or Blu Rays or watch them through online streaming), there might be some people who still want to watch the shows on TV or there might be some shows that haven't gotten a DVD release or aren't available online and being on TV is the only place they got at the moment. So, I think that one of them should stay up and it all depends on how creative Nickelodeon can get with the schedules to keep the viewers interested.
When it comes to need either one can be let go, because at this point there really isn't anything major going on either channel other than being places to rerun (some) shows, for them to keep both it really would take more effort especially if they had to increase the shows of rerun doing that for both would be too time consuming and might not lead to much of a difference especially now with Spectrum changing both channels to an expensive package, which will lead to both channels seeing less viewers altogether.

Yin

Depressed Housecat
Aug 23, 2017
Nicktoons schedule on all platforms are very inconsistent

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
I think Nicktoons should shut down (with Nick Jr. taking over it's space where not available) and TeenNick should be outright rebranded to NickSplat.
I can't imagine there are many cable packages where you'd get Nicktoons but not already have Nick Jr.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Nicktoons doesn't seem to air a lot of older series though. I can understand wanting to see these shows on TV, especially when they may not be available on DVD or iTunes, but I don't know if that's enough of a reason to keep either channel going. Both Nicktoons and Teen Nick have been on autopilot for awhile, especially the former. I don't know if they need two channels that primarily exist to air reruns of their old shows.

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
Why can't the channel air reruns of Catscratch, The X’s, El Tigre and Danny Phantom for January of 2018?
They used to do reruns for Danny, but that was from last year, while the others, are not likely to get any chance since they have a relatively short run (especially when a show is that lasted only one season)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kanc

Sep 9, 2013
Why can't the channel air reruns of Catscratch, The X’s, El Tigre and Danny Phantom for January of 2018?
please stop living in the past, as in "Why can't some network air any classics", like others said it's not coming back, and there's nothing we can do about it. nicktoons network is not what it currently seems to be sadly.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.