Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread 2

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toons Fan

May 10, 2005
Niagara Falls, NY
www.tapatalk.com
A schedule change for Nicktoons starting on Tuesday, Jan. 2nd is that The Fairly OddParents will take the 8AM hour on weekdays replacing Henry Danger on the weekday line-up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kanc

Sep 9, 2013
Nicktoons Instagram account disappeared recently.

Also Nicktoons facebook account are no longer available. It has been there since 2010

There are several factors that Nicktoons getting change. In case this tweet deleted, here: Keith Dawkins (GM since 2003) quit in last October, website of nicktoons redirects to main nick page, official instagram and facebook accounts have disappeared, theres some focus on live action and NickSports, no real Nicktoons original programming

Toons Fan

May 10, 2005
Niagara Falls, NY
www.tapatalk.com
Nicktoons Instagram account disappeared recently.

Also Nicktoons facebook account are no longer available. It has been there since 2010

There are several factors that Nicktoons getting change. In case this tweet deleted, here: Keith Dawkins (GM since 2003) quit in last October, website of nicktoons redirects to main nick page, official instagram and facebook accounts have disappeared, theres some focus on live action and NickSports, no real Nicktoons original programming
Nicktoons could get a name change or change to Nick Jr. Too.

SpongieLoud

Feb 27, 2017
I’m going to be so sad if Nickelodeon shuts down Nicktoons, I’ve watched this channel since I was a toddler and had so many memories. But I’m really not surprised that this channel could most likely close or rebrand.

Sep 6, 2015
Ha,that joke maybe became true soon
Well, I hope not. In my opinion NickSports isn't really that memorable than what Nick GaS was. If they do decide to change the name maybe either Sonic Nickelodeon like in India, or Nick Plus.
Definitely not Nick 2 because that's name of the west coast feed for Nickelodeon. Or better yet, TeenNicktoons yes merge TeenNick and Nicktoons into one channel and the result is TeenNicktoons, i'm just rambling at this point.

Toons Fan

May 10, 2005
Niagara Falls, NY
www.tapatalk.com
Well, I hope not. In my opinion NickSports isn't really that memorable than what Nick GaS was. If they do decide to change the name maybe either Sonic Nickelodeon like in India, or Nick Plus.
Definitely not Nick 2 because that's name of the west coast feed for Nickelodeon. Or better yet, TeenNicktoons yes merge TeenNick and Nicktoons into one channel and the result is TeenNicktoons, i'm just rambling at this point.
The current Nick 2 channel is pointless for Nick to keep at this point in time. It has no HD feed for it and the cable provider I have Spectrum already dropped the channel. And, yes Nick 2 is it's own channel it's the same not thing as the west coast feed. Nick 2 used to have it's own on-screen bug until 2004.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
Depending on the circumstances the channel could simply be changing but its hard to say if Nick is going to do anything soon to it given the deletion of the social media outlets. I don't expect them to be giving up on the channel like they did with Nick GAS back in 2009.

CartoonLover2604

One of the few people that talks about Qubo
Dec 22, 2017
In a galaxy far far away
I really do hope also that they don’t rebrand to NickSports,I was saying that they possibly could because of how they advertise the block so much nowadays,but I agree with Toon Fans,Nick 2 is really useless nowadays and could easily just shut down at anytime

sasq

Oct 5, 2015
Italy
I think Nicktoons should shut down (with Nick Jr. taking over it's space where not available) and TeenNick should be outright rebranded to NickSplat.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Considering how few homes even have Nicktoons, the idea of Nickelodeon shutting it down sounds a bit more plausible. They may still keep it around under a different name, but even doing that might be too much work for a channel that isn't in a lot of homes. Even Teen Nick is available in more homes than Nicktoons.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Both channels are pretty disposable to be honest. They at least seem to have more events on Teen Nick than on Nicktoons, but both of them are used primarily as channels to toss in old reruns or shows that they don't want to air on the main channel. I doubt that they'd get rid of both channels, but I don't think that Nickelodeon would suffer drastically without them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.