NickSplat News & Talkback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Action!

I litterally just fell out of my chair when you posted it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's really cool. I'd be interested to see what other shows they have planned for revivals. The two night event with Pete and Pete also sounds really good. I've been wanting to see if the show has aged well for awhile and the block still needs some variety too.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
It looks like Viacom is in full-on revival mode

They should be focusing to new concepts NOT taking the easy way out by reviving old shows

Same goes for all other networks doing this

NBC did we REALLY need a revival of Will & Grace?

ABC did we REALLY need revivals of The Gong Show and Battle of the Network Stars?

(although to be fair at least those are revivals of obscure game shows from the 70's)

Fine

ABC did we REALLY need a revival of American Idol?

Nickelodeon do we REALLY need revivals of Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, and Hey Arnold among others?

Where has the originality gone?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like Viacom is in full-on revival mode

They should be focusing to new concepts NOT taking the easy way out with reviving old shows

Same goes for all other networks doing this

NBC did we REALLY need a revival of Will & Grace?

ABC did we REALLY need revivals of The Gong Show and Battle of the Network Stars?

(although to be fair at least those are revivals of obscure game shows from the 70's)

Fine

ABC did we REALLY need a revival of American Idol?

Nickelodeon do we REALLY need revivals of Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, and Hey Arnold among others?

Where has the originality gone?
So far, all Nick has done in terms of revivals is TV movies. Most of their upcoming programming is original, so I think they're fine.

Also, I can say why I feel they should be doing this with at least Hey Arnold! and Invader Zim. People have wanted the Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie for years, and Invader Zim is one of those shows I feel was cancelled to soon.

jaylop97

Staff member
That is great that they have planned more movies, can't wait to see what are those movies and deciding for movies is much better than reviving it definitely would save the producers time and be a good hour and a half or so.

Light Lucario

Staff member
So far, their choices for revivals make sense. Hey Arnold never got the Jungle movie and people have wanted that to happen for ages. Invader Zim was extremely popular, but was cancelled after one season. Fans would definitely want a continuation or special for that one. Rocko's Modern Life wasn't cancelled too early, but I think it's one of the more popular/better remembered Nicktoons. If the other revivals they have in store are specials and the choosing to bring those shows back make sense, then it's fine.

I wouldn't say that they're going too far with revivals when these are TV specials/movies rather than full series. Their shows are still primarily brand new series.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Although not animated, it would be nice to see Space Cases and Allen Strange get finales. The crew of Space Cases are still lost in space, and Allen Strange is still stuck on Earth.

A TV-movie sequel to Good Burger would also be good.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd be curious if any of the revivals they have planned are for their live action series. Most of their live action series had either some kind of conclusion or wouldn't be popular enough to bring back. Some of them were also shows that they don't own like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, so that wouldn't be something that they could manage. Still, it would be interesting to see if any of those shows could get a special.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I've been wondering about live-action shows, as well. The Nicktoons are what's being promoted right now (I know at least part of the reason why the live-action shows don't get as much promotion is that they'd have to pay to use the original actors' likeness, while Nickelodeon can do whatever they want with their cartoon characters, give or take Doug and some Kablam! works), but there is still interest in these shows.

I know that the creator of Clarissa Explains It All recently wrote a book about where Clarissa is now, for instance, and I wonder if Nick would consider adapting it for a TV movie. And I think I've heard something about a Double Dare/GUTS tour happening soon. That would be awesome to tape for a special or two.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Maybe they could move the Splat to Nick at Night.

Or in the least, first premier HA!, Rocko and Zim there before later encoring how-many-ever times on NickSplat just so they have a better chance to be watched. I think they will though as they did so with the Double Dare special (and the LOTHT movie on Nickelodeon itself)

Personally, I hope Rugrats isn't part of the revival thing. I like the series, don't get me wrong, but it's had a revival already (unless it's 1997 return wasn't such) plus two spin-off series which to me with "All Grown Up" is its closure - and then some movies to add on.

Of the series I'd like to see most have a revival of such? Hm... heh, I always dreamed of LOTHT as a game show returning, but I feel they'd butcher it the way I thought they did "My Family's Got GUTS" with too much chatter and a pace I couldn't sit through. (plus a smaller temple possibly)

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I know that the creator of Clarissa Explains It All recently wrote a book about where Clarissa is now, for instance, and I wonder if Nick would consider adapting it for a TV movie.

Melissa Joan Hart revealed last year that the creator was in talks for a Clarissa revival.

The stars of Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude also talked about reviving their shows during ATX 2017:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts