NickRewind News & Talkback Thread Part 2

harry580

Is there a chance for Fanboy & Chum Chum to air on NickRewind or is that too modern for their tastes? Nickelodeon has made ZERO acknowledgement of this show since it went off the Nicktoons channel after December 25, 2016.
well no, nick rewind is for classic shows, fanboy & chum chum is not a classic

JTOONSAnimation

Personally I think Nickelodeon considers anything before 2010 to be a classic.

Shows like Mighty B! and Back at the Barnyard have aired on the block and they're the same age as KaBlam and Rocket Power were when The 90's Are All That began in 2011, when they were considered classics.

ATSFGuy

I really hope this ends up being the norm for NickRewind, I understand this is for promoting Paramount Plus but this is definitely much better than having Hey Arnold, Rugrats and Rocko's Modern Life on a repeating loop.

Is there a chance for Fanboy & Chum Chum to air on NickRewind or is that too modern for their tastes? Nickelodeon has made ZERO acknowledgement of this show since it went off the Nicktoons channel after December 25, 2016.
No, Please NO Fanboy and Chum Chum please! (90's and a few early 00' shows are ok)
Fanboy & Chum Chum is too modern to be aired on the block.

2016-2021; That's 5 years since it vanished. If you don't see it listed on Nicktoons, that probably means Nick disposed of and didn't need/want it anymore.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
No, Please NO Fanboy and Chum Chum please! (90's and a few early 00' shows are ok)
Fanboy & Chum Chum is too modern to be aired on the block.

2016-2021; That's 5 years since it vanished. If you don't see it listed on Nicktoons, that probably means Nick disposed of and didn't need/want it anymore.
The show is on Paramount Plus so Nick didn't disposed of it. While I'm not a huge fan of the show, Fanboy and Chum Chum is technically 12 years old so it COULD qualify airing on the block. Again who knows...

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
The show is on Paramount Plus so Nick didn't disposed of it. While I'm not a huge fan of the show, Fanboy and Chum Chum is technically 12 years old so it COULD qualify airing on the block. Again who knows...
do u think MLAATR can hypothetically air on the block though?

SG-17

do u think MLAATR can hypothetically air on the block though?
It definitely fits if they've been airing Danny Phantom, however they seem to be relegating the early '00s Nicktoons to the Nicktoons channel, only showing them on NickRewind occasionally.

Why MLAATR has been absent from any legacy airings I can't tell you. I assume because it was cancelled due to poor ratings with only 39 episodes.

kanc

Someone pointed out, that according to zap2it it looks like Henry Danger is airing on NickRewind starting Mon Mar 29 10PM-12AM, weekdays... don't know if it's permanent

ATSFGuy

Like Fanboy & Chum Chum, Henry Danger doesn't belong on NickRewind, NickRewind is for old 90's and some early 00's shows only. HD airing on NR will confuse/upset the 90's crowd. Better keep HD on Nick and Nicktoons.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Like Fanboy & Chum Chum, Henry Danger doesn't belong on NickRewind, NickRewind is for old 90's and some early 00's shows only. HD airing on NR will confuse/upset the 90's crowd. Better keep HD on Nick and Nicktoons.
Henry Danger is definitely too recent, but I can see the case for Fanboy & Chum Chum. It hasn’t been a dedicated 90s block since rebranding to The Splat, and Nick has presented it as a block for all past Nick since rebranding to NickRewind. The people that grew up with 2000s Nick are the same age people that grew up with 90s Nick were when The 90s Are All That started, so it makes sense to try to appeal to them. Fanboy & Chum Chum does seem to have nostalgia for it now. I know it premiered at the end of the 2000s decade, but The 90s Are All That aired Rocket Power early on and that was a 1999 show, so they’ve gone that recent before.

And as for Henry Danger, I’m inclined to agree with Toons Fan. I was thinking the same thing.

SG-17

Honestly as much nostalgia I have for linear cable, everything from Nick that I want to watch is on Paramount+ so I'm not caring as much anymore about NickRewind.

As well because a major part of the nostalgia was the culture and world around the shows and not just the shows themselves from the 90s and 00s. The bumpers, special events, live hosts, interstitials, and so on, that Nick hasn't been keen to replicate with the block after it stopped being The Splat.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts