NickRewind News & Talkback Thread Part 2

creator

Honestly as much nostalgia I have for linear cable, everything from Nick that I want to watch is on Paramount+ so I'm not caring as much anymore about NickRewind.

As well because a major part of the nostalgia was the culture and world around the shows and not just the shows themselves from the 90s and 00s. The bumpers, special events, live hosts, interstitials, and so on, that Nick hasn't been keen to replicate with the block after it stopped being The Splat.
Can you tell if anything is missing from the classic NickToons besides some seasons of Rocket Power? I looks like it’s only season 1. I’m not sure if Nick Rewind plays more than season 1 either though because I haven’t caught it yet.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Honestly as much nostalgia I have for linear cable, everything from Nick that I want to watch is on Paramount+ so I'm not caring as much anymore about NickRewind.

As well because a major part of the nostalgia was the culture and world around the shows and not just the shows themselves from the 90s and 00s. The bumpers, special events, live hosts, interstitials, and so on, that Nick hasn't been keen to replicate with the block after it stopped being The Splat.
I think that's the plan. The NickSplat channel on VRV also closed, most likely so ViacomCBS could bulk up Paramount+'s library.

Anthonyg3281

I wonder if Tak and the Power of Juju will air on NickRewind considering the series hasn't aired on TV in 9 years since it left Nicktoons after September 3, 2012, but they last acknowledged it in 2016 when they were uploading all of the Nicktoons theme songs on the Nick Animation YouTube channel. Also, the video game franchise from Nickelodeon and THQ was popular back then, so that's another reason I hope they air it.

abisert

Animation Fan
I wonder if Tak and the Power of Juju will air on NickRewind considering the series hasn't aired on TV in 9 years since it left Nicktoons after September 3, 2012, but they last acknowledged it in 2016 when they were uploading all of the Nicktoons theme songs on the Nick Animation YouTube channel. Also, the video game franchise from Nickelodeon and THQ was popular back then, so that's another reason I hope they air it.
Yeah, that'd be nice.

I know that The Mighty B! premiered on NickRewind a few weeks ago, so it's possible.

Looney Turtles

Starting on March 29, NickRewind will be losing two hours in favor of Henry Danger reruns. Lame.

At least lately, we've gotten reruns of shows that haven't aired on TV in years, and it's nice to see that CatDog and Rocket Power are mainstays to the schedule now.

Anthonyg3281

Its a shame that Nicktoons can't be for ALL Nicktoons, imo.
I hope it will hopefully all go back to normal one day so that I would actually watch it live with tons of variety included with no live-action whatsoever (except Power Rangers and Tooned In) and not just DVR the same few shows that I feel like watching.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Starting on March 29, NickRewind will be losing two hours in favor of Henry Danger reruns. Lame.

At least lately, we've gotten reruns of shows that haven't aired on TV in years, and it's nice to see that CatDog and Rocket Power are mainstays to the schedule now.
I thought my cable guide was being weird, but saw it on Teennick's website, that's a shame, to be fair I don't usually watch the block much in the earlier part, I have it on over night to sleep to. At least, they aren't just airing 3 shows..

ATSFGuy

I thought my cable guide was being weird, but saw it on Teennick's website, that's a shame, to be fair I don't usually watch the block much in the earlier part, I have it on over night to sleep to. At least, they aren't just airing 3 shows..
The only changes I've noticed to Nick's Rewind block are on Friday - Sunday Nights. Not sure why Monday - Thursday schedules remain untouched, it would be nice if there were different shows each night.

Bigawesome2000

El Tigre is airing on NickRewind again on Friday, April 16th (early Saturday, April 17th), but at a better timeslot this time. It will air from 12-2am, making it the first show to air on the block that day (Henry Danger will still have 10pm-12am).

Last edited:

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist,Love Fries, Inactive YouTuber
I'm
El Tigre is airing on NickRewind again on Friday, April 17th (early Saturday, April 18th), but at a better timeslot this time. It will air from 12-2am, making it the first show to air on the block that day (Henry Danger will still have 10pm-12am).
Since their airing that again maybe The Mighty B! might air again

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
So they really cut back the hours for NickRewind permanently?

Guess Nick doesn't care that this summer is the 10th anniversary of the block.
I'd personally think it would be cool if the block aired a mix of Nicktoons, live action and game shows in honor of its 10 years. (Along with some movies, U-Pick and maybe the return of Stick Stickly)...

ToonsJazzLover

Next Friday schedule will be back to normal, instead of a special lineup. It was nice while it lasted. I was expecting it to only last a couple weeks or so.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts