Nickelodeon USA posted about Winx Club for the first time in a while (2022)

cheezmouz

A couple days ago, the official Nickelodeon Cartoon Universe channel made a post asking subscribers who's their favorite Winx Club member: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxXUi3ulsR3zbZeAatgzyd5H1vAoueuNT8

It's the first time Nick USA has posted about Winx Club in a while, so maybe they have some upcoming plans for the show? It's possible. As a recap, Viacom/Nick produced their own seasons of Winx Club back in 2011-2016, after Viacom bought the franchise (and a stake in the studio that created the show). According to the source, Viacom paid $83 million for the studio stake, so it'd make sense that they want to do something new with the franchise after putting a lot of money toward it. But it's always been more popular on Nick's international channels than the USA.

Asa

I dunno if Nick will still plan more Winx Club content in the future (the U.S. Nickelodeon channel last aired the series in early 2014. It moved to Nick Jr. to finish off the remainder of season 6 and the entire season 7. The series hasn't aired on American TV since 2018).

cheezmouz

UPDATE: The official Nickelodeon Cartoon Universe channel just made ANOTHER post about the Winx Club. This time, they asked who would win in a fairy battle: the Winx Club or Cosmo & Wanda. https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxKEmmfjaZwFOUuXih5dorvf7HsV3dbd7Z

They could just be banking on nostalgia for the Nickelodeon seasons of Winx, but two posts in a week makes me think they could be planning something more with the franchise...

Perla Magica

Digital Love
I'm not sure if Nick is planning to air the upcoming season 9, but I was thinking since they suddenly remembered about Winx Club's existence they might planning a new content for the franchise set in new universe, something like Rise of TMNT.

Ghoster1987

howdy
who outside of Italy really talked about The Winx Club?

even when it was with 4kids, who talked about it?

Light Lucario

Staff member
who outside of Italy really talked about The Winx Club?

even when it was with 4kids, who talked about it?
I distinctly remember it getting a good amount of attention during the 4Kids era. They'd often air reruns during their various blocks, I think it did well on their website based on some old promos and the first season aired on Miguzi. I'm pretty sure that there were talkback threads for the series back in the day too. If people are familiar with the series outside of Italy, it's usually through the 4Kids dub more so than the Nick dubs.

Asa

Nickelodeon didn't announce any new Winx Club content at their upfront today, so what if this is a sign of Nick losing the show's rights in the future?

cheezmouz

Nickelodeon didn't announce any new Winx Club content at their upfront today, so what if this is a sign of Nick losing the show's rights in the future?
That's not gonna happen. Viacom/Paramount co-owns the studio that created Winx Club, and they own the copyright to the seasons that Nick produced.

Asa

That's not gonna happen. Viacom/Paramount co-owns the studio that created Winx Club, and they own the copyright to the seasons that Nick produced.
I see your point.

Also, I don’t think Viacom owns the 4kids and Cinélume dubs since they never aired on Nickelodeon.

Last edited:

cheezmouz

Paramount (Viacom's new name) just announced that they'll be adding a whole Winx Club channel to their Pluto TV app! (Source link to article) This is for Pluto TV's Spanish feed, not sure if USA will get it too. I'm glad that Paramount is doing more with Winx.

Winx Club was already airing on the Nickelodeon channels on Pluto TV in Europe, but the separate channel should be interesting. It launches on June 6 according to the article.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012). This was the first entry from the TMNT Franchise that I saw all the way through from beginning to end.
With all the negative PR, especially that lawsuit, lately, are the board of directors and shareholders of WBD upset with David Zaslav?
Asa

It's official. E3 plans to return next June.

Don't expect any cancellations to occur anytime soon. The event is officially back on.
To all "The Ghost and Molly McGee" fans, don't go to 4chan because someone leaked some stuff about season two premiere.

Also don't spread the said leaks around Twitter and other places for the respect of the creators and the crew.

Featured Posts