Nickelodeon Selects Global Animated Shorts Finalists

DHB8008

Nickelodeon has chosen the eight finalists to its second edition of the Global Animated Shorts Program, created to fast-track up-and-coming talent.
Selected out of more than 600 submissions, Nickelodeon picked eight shorts spanning the UK, Spain, Italy, Canada and Australia, which will be developed into animated shorts. The announcement was made on the opening day of Cartoon Forum, the Toulouse-set TV animation showcase.
Since launching the Global Animated Shorts Program internationally in 2012, we have been able to enhance our international pipeline with great new content, furthering our global mission: to make kids laugh, said Nina Hahn, SVP of international production and development at Nickelodeon. We look forward to working closely with all of the creators who have delivered fantastically inspired ideas that perfectly capture the heart of the Nickelodeon brand.

Four of the finalists are from Ireland: Duckmanboy, a show about a lazy superhero who is half-man, half duck created by Louis Hudson and writer/director Ian Ravenscroft at Dice Productions. Werebeast, turning on a 13-year old werewolf and created by Welsh animator James Lancett. Urchin is created by award-winning illustrator and animator Hamish Steele, who notably created Nickelodeon short Badly Drawn Animals. It follows the adventure of three orphans who live in an industrial labyrinth filled with strange characters.
From Ireland, there's also Somewhere Awesome, created by BAFTA-nominated Eamonn OâNeill and animator Marah Curran. It centers around three best friends working as problem-solving tour guides.
From Spain, Nickelodeon selected Woodchips, about a little boy who works as a lumberjack created by Barcelona-based animator Christian Villacanas. The U.S. network selected Italy's Crazy Block, about a fashion blogger named Bunny Lewis created by Iginio Straffi, who's behind Rainbows Winx Club; Canada is Joe Minkus, created by Toronto-based animator Ben Anders; and Australia's Feebs and Mr. Timmins, created Suren Perera (co-creator of The Dukes of Broxstonia).
The shorts will potentially air on Nickelodeon, as well as on all Nickelodeon platforms, and will also be considered for long-form development.

I like the sound of them all and there is a picture from Urchin here

Nickelodeon Selects Global Animated Shorts Finalists | Variety

Last edited by a moderator:

DHB8008

I loved Moosebox! It's also had loads of good comments on Vimeo and the creator said it's been picked up for development.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts