Nickelodeon Ratings Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 12
Blaze and the Monster Machines: 695,000 (0.13)
44 Cats: 632,000 (0.12)
ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks: 638,000 (0.11)
The Loud House: 727,000 (0.13)
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?: 735,000 (0.17)

LinusFan303

Squeak
They aren't bad ratings for 10-11:30amet , they'd be higher later in the day but not bad for that time slot. I just wonder why they wanted to premiere at those slots, Disney networks do it but, they have a better on demand strategy compared to Nick.

kanc

Jun 13

Some more ratings:
Nickelodeon premiere of Star Trek Beyond 8PM-9PM - 0.515 (0.12)

N@N premiere of Star Trek Beyond 9PM-11PM - 0.525 (0.11)

June 15
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 541,000 (0.14)
Henry Danger: 648,000 (0.16)
All That (Premiere): 695,000 (0.20)
The Substitute: 500,000 (0.15)
June 16
Nick Jr.
Nella the Princess Knight: 236,000 (0.05)
Max and Ruby: 284,000 (0.05)
Miffy's Adventures Big and Small: 324,000 (0.08)

kanc

New All That wasn't doing well, but did ok. But new Henry Danger return hit a series low, and even Disney counterprogrammed new movie: Back to the Net also didn't do well.

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
I told you, All That wouldn't do well because it's an old show and kids don't have any interest in old shows. They know how old a show is and want to watch new shows. None of the 90s shows have staying talent or relevance to counterappeal. The only shows that do are SpongeBob and Family Guy, and it's all about them now. They changed everything, and they're the only old shows that have any type of popularity because they are the only shows from yesteryear that are still relevant and people love them because they changed. All That is too much of the same and people do catch onto this.

All of the revivals are flops because they are the same as before. Kids have short attention spans and want shows to be loud vulgar and obnoxious. The 90s shows have had their time and it's time for them to go back in the vault. People are sick of old shows No one wanted All That or any of the other shows to come back because it's SpongeBob and Family Guy's time to shine and they are the kings of TV. Paul Tibbitt and Seth MacFarlane rule the roost now and have since 2005! All of the 90s revivals needs to be cancelled!

kanc

I told you, All That wouldn't do well because it's an old show and kids don't have any interest in old shows. They know how old a show is and want to watch new shows. None of the 90s shows have staying talent or relevance to counterappeal. The only shows that do are SpongeBob and Family Guy, and it's all about them now. They changed everything, and they're the only old shows that have any type of popularity because they are the only shows from yesteryear that are still relevant and people love them because they changed. All That is too much of the same and people do catch onto this.

All of the revivals are flops because they are the same as before. Kids have short attention spans and want shows to be loud vulgar and obnoxious. The 90s shows have had their time and it's time for them to go back in the vault. People are sick of old shows No one wanted All That or any of the other shows to come back because it's SpongeBob and Family Guy's time to shine and they are the kings of TV. Paul Tibbitt and Seth MacFarlane rule the roost now and have since 2005! All of the 90s revivals needs to be cancelled!
Actually you didn't say anything about All That. And what made you think All That would be cancelled, just because it didn't fare well in ratings?

June 17
Abby Hatcher: 627,000 (0.12)
44 Cats: 631,000 (0.13)
ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks: 579,000 (0.12)
The Loud House: 712,000 (0.14)
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?: 707,000 (0.18)

MTV Movie & TV Awards
MTV: 434,000 (0.21)
VH1: 466,000 (0.20)
Comedy Central: 239,000 (0.12)
Nick at Nite: 343,000 (0.12)
BET: 219,000 (0.07)

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
June 17
Abby Hatcher: 627,000 (0.12)
44 Cats: 631,000 (0.13)
ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks: 579,000 (0.12)
The Loud House: 712,000 (0.14)
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?: 707,000 (0.18)

MTV Movie & TV Awards
MTV: 434,000 (0.21)
VH1: 466,000 (0.20)
Comedy Central: 239,000 (0.12)
Nick at Nite: 343,000 (0.12)
BET: 219,000 (0.07)
And Fifth Grader continues to fall...

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
All That is different than most reboots, as it's just using the title, with 95% of it's content new (with just enough nostalgia for people who grew up with the show in the '90s). It could very easily be it's own show.

ToonsJazzLover

I still have faith in these new shows. They will last longer than most of the sitcoms and animated shows made during Cyma's tenure if you look at the schedule right now. The people who are gloating about "It's going to fail" should beat it. I am not in the mood for your nonsense right now.

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
Actually you didn't say anything about All That. And what made you think All That would be cancelled, just because it didn't fare well in ratings?
Because it didn't just more than just flop, it failed HARD. Kids of today are sick of revivals of old shows and want new shows. Nostalgia doesn't work because people hate 90s shows, and they're sick of seeing them everywhere. It's one of Nickelodeon's biggest failures like all of their revivals because these shows just don't work today. They are part of the past and have had their day in the sun. The people want Paul Tibbitt and Seth MacFarlane now. Even Nickandmore sees an early cancellation.

I still have faith in these new shows. They will last longer than most of the sitcoms and animated shows made during Cyma's tenure if you look at the schedule right now. The people who are gloating about "It's going to fail" should beat it. I am not in the mood for your nonsense right now.
No they won't. All That was a colossal failure in the ratings and in the demos because kids don't want to watch old shows because All That is too quiet and slow paced for them just like Hey Arnold. Kids catch onto the fact they're old shows and have no interest in them. Everyone is tired of 90s nostalgia and wants to see these shows cancelled and Nickelodeon WILL cancel All That because of how much of a ratings failure it is and they will cancel Rugrats too. No one cares for these shows anymore and they should go back in the vault. People miss the days of SpongeBob being king.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Another ouch! From The Hollywood Reporter: MTV Movie & TV Awards Ratings Plummet

The 2019 MTV Movie & TV Awards telecast on Monday night gathered its smallest audience in at least four years, falling sharply from the 2018 kudocast.

The awards ceremony, hosted by Shazam star Zachary Levi, drew 1.8 million viewers across MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET and CMT. That's a 42 percent drop from the 3.08 million who watched on those channels a year ago.

The show also aired on fellow Viacom channels TV Land, MTV2, MTV Classic and BET Her; figures for those weren't immediately available. The 2018 outing averaged 3.37 million viewers across all 10 channels.

The demographic ratings for this year's telecast also took a nosedive. In MTV's core audience of adults 18-34, the show's 1.3 rating fell by 46 percent year-over-year. Among adults 18-49, the six channels for which numbers are available averaged 0.8, down 43 percent from 1.4 a year ago.

On MTV alone, the awards ceremony drew just 434,000 viewers — less than half the 903,000 who watched on MTV last year. The telecast also fell by more than 50 percent in adults 18-49, from 0.5 in 2018 to 0.2 on Monday.

MTV says the combined audience across linear and social channels was 3 million viewers, which is still down 11 percent from the TV-only audience in 2018.

The previous low for a simulcast was 2.3 million viewers (on just four channels) in 2015.

kanc

@OmegaAlpha23, nickandmore did NOT say anything about All That being cancelled. He's just based his opinion about All That ratings didn't wow.

OmegaAlpha23

Banned
@OmegaAlpha23, nickandmore did NOT say anything about All That being cancelled. He's just based his opinion about All That ratings didn't wow.
No, but he believes he will and I believe it will too. Those were atrociously bad ratings EVEN for Nickelodeon's standards and there's a very simple reason why. People are tired of 90s Nickelodeon and WANT to see something new. Kids know if there's an old show and old shows are something they don't want. All That is as irrelevant as crap now and it's comedy is dated just like Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold and Invader Zim. They don't want shows with slow movement or unfunny pacing and acting they want hyperactive good timeless shows like SpongeBob. All That, Rugrats, and Rocko's Modern Life are only popular because of nostalgia and the more reboots that come the more that will be cancelled. They need to go back into the vault they can't carry on to today. Audiences have changed and the taste of the public has changed. they are all flops for a very good reason. No one wants old shows anymore except if it's Spongebob and Family Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts