Nickelodeon Ratings Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
With how well it was promoted, I had a feeling The Loud House would do well, but I honestly didn't expect it to do this well. In fact, isn't this a series high? Either way, great ratings! Well deserved, too. It was a great episode.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
Another Friday holiday and another Nick show did well on that day. Loud House did a good job with advertising and you know because of this being a Christmas special it did gave the show a chance to do a good job, and kick off Season 2 with a ratings that surpassed its season 1 opener.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Another Friday holiday and another Nick show did well on that day. Loud House did a good job with advertising and you know because of this being a Christmas special it did gave the show a chance to do a good job, and kick off Season 2 with a ratings that surpassed its season 1 opener.
Actually, season 2 premiered on November 9. Still good ratings on Friday.

November 26th
Legends of the Hidden Temple (Movie Premiere): 1,598,000 (0.29)
November 27th
Nickelodeon Halo Awards 2016: 1,490,000 (0.29)
Nicktoons: 185,000 (0.03)
TeenNick: 256,000 (0.04)
Nick Jr.
Mia and Me: 348,000 (0.09)
Nicktoons
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V: 191,000 (0.05)

Last edited:

kanc

A little disappointment during Thanksgiving weekend except last Friday. I was hoping Legends Hidden Temple movie would score at least 2 mil viewers, but this is sad, after wasted promotion hype for it. Yeah seemed new generation of kids really don't know the old show Legends of the Hidden Temple, and older fans are familiar with it, so it would have made sense to air it in Splat which it did so after Nick's premiere.
Halo Awards is disappointing as well and a decreasing from last year that had 1.7 viewers. I can't blame them if the ratings continue to decrease maybe due to cords cable removed continuously or people are busy with Thanksgiving weekend and shopping.

On other ratings, last Friday, Paw Patrol scores the highest adult demo 0.6, with total viewers of 2 mil viewers.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I wasn't sure how Legends of the Hidden Temple would do, but with all the hype leading up to it along with the fact it was trending on Twitter while it was airing, I thought it would do better.

rockorockorocko

Seems like the nostalgia stuff for Nick so far hasn't done too well. The Double Dare numbers seems respectable. I don't think anniversary/reunion specials are too expensive to do, so why not celebrate things from the past.

However, that's an absolute bomb for Legends of the Hidden Temple, which probably costs so much money to make. It's scheduled to air a bunch this week and next, I fully expect Nick to pull those reruns with those ratings. I wonder how Nick feels now about the Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life stuff coming up... can those really score well? Granted this was a completely different take on the Legends gameshow.. but we'll see. The others will be more direct to the fanbase and the shows.

----

On another note, you gotta feel for Moner. She's the epitome of a potential Nick super star, yet her show gets cancelled after one season and the movie she did bombed. I would think this was her last hurrah with Nick. I wonder... if she starred on a Schneider show... maybe Gameshakers... could things have been different?

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
I wasn't sure how Legends of the Hidden Temple would do, but with all the hype leading up to it along with the fact it was trending on Twitter while it was airing, I thought it would do better.

Seems like the nostalgia stuff for Nick so far hasn't done too well. The Double Dare numbers seems respectable. I don't think anniversary/reunion specials are too expensive to do, so why not celebrate things from the past.

However, that's an absolute bomb for Legends of the Hidden Temple, which probably costs so much money to make. It's scheduled to air a bunch this week and next, I fully expect Nick to pull those reruns with those ratings. I wonder how Nick feels now about the Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life stuff coming up... can those really score well? Granted this was a completely different take on the Legends gameshow.. but we'll see. The others will be more direct to the fanbase and the shows.

I think what is happening here is that social media may get people talking about a show, but that does not mean they are going to watch that show, and more importantly as far as ratings goes, the entire show. It may just be a part of it they talk about, or memories of the original. I mean, we have seen a lot of the non-nostalgic current Nickelodeon shows get great ratings lately in comparison to the nostalgic stuff.

Something worth mentioning here is that a few weeks ago Playstation Vue recently cut the Viacom channels from the lineup including Nickelodeon. I believe I read Playstation Vue is not counted in Nielsen ratings, and it does not have a lot of subscribers in comparison to cable and satellite, so its impact is not likely all that great to Viacom or the Nickelodeon ratings presently. However, I do feel those types of services are going to grow substantially in the upcoming years, and it is where Viacom is going to need to have Nickelodeon available on those services in the future.

Rex Kamex

Like I said in another thread, Legends was available on iTunes before the movie premiered on TV. (I'd seen on Twitter that someone had discovered it on iTunes as early as the 14th!) I don't know how many people knew about that (I didn't know until hours before the TV premiere), and I have no idea if that lowered TV ratings a significant amount, but I think it's worth mentioning.

Still, I was expecting it to do better. =(

I still expect at least Hey Arnold: TJM to do very well- people have been asking for that for a long time.........

On another note, you gotta feel for Moner. She's the epitome of a potential Nick super star, yet her show gets cancelled after one season and the movie she did bombed. I would think this was her last hurrah with Nick. I wonder... if she starred on a Schneider show... maybe Gameshakers... could things have been different?

Likely so, as far as a Nick career goes, but........... personally, since I like 100 Things much more than Game Shakers and also more than Henry Danger and, since I like her as an actress, I'm glad she was a lead in 100 Things.

I'm disappointed at the reception of both Legends and 100 Things, but I think it's cool that she got to be involved in a project that was a revival of one of Nick's well-remembered game shows from the past. (Got a selfie with All That stars from the first several seasons too). Being a lead in a Scott Fellows show is cool too, IMO. (Heh, Jack De Sena of that show was in All That's latter seasons and Avatar:TLA, so that's cool.........)

And with her in the movie Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life and the upcoming movie Transformers: The Last Knight, maybe those'll open up bigger opportunities. We'll see........

jaylop97

Staff member
I think Legends of The Hidden Temple could have done better, but given it was available on Itunes a lot earlier it makes sense it didn't meet the expected standards of 2 million.

kanc

Some more ratings in case for Thursday movies:
Escape from Planet Earth (2013) - 0.996 (0.20), based on sonofthebronx
Open Season 2 (2008) - 0.935 (0.18), based on sonofthebronx
Rio (2011) - 1.134 (0.25), based on sonofthebronx
The Parent Trap - 1.4 (0.4), based on tvbythenumbers

Rio and Parent Trap are the only movies that are doing well.

jaylop97

Staff member
Even if Open Season and Escape from Planet Earth might have not hit the million mark, at least they aren't as low as the CN movie numbers.

Cosmo

???%
I still expect at least Hey Arnold: TJM to do very well- people have been asking for that for a long time.........

That is if it airs on The Splat or Nickelodeon. A lot of people don't have TeenNick/The Splat.

chum_chum

I think Hey Arnold and Rocko's Modern Life specials will be simulcasted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts