Nickelodeon Ratings Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanc

I'm afraid Ride ratings in future won't hold out ratings much, will expect to get low numbers under 1 mil viewers.

jaylop97

Staff member
I'm afraid Ride ratings in future won't hold out ratings much, will expect to get low numbers under 1 mil viewers.
I think that is just a common occurrence for a lot of the Nick shows, they tend to see less ratings overtime if they don't get good reception with the audience.

kanc

Looks like Ride hit under. 1 mil viewers. Not surprised with it, hoping future it won't be renewed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/thursday-cable-ratings-feb-2-2017/
Cheaper by the Dozen - 0.877 (0.3 adult demo), this explains why the movie is low because Ride premiere suffered from low ratings.
None of the other Nick at NIte programmings except 6AM and 6:30AM, which no surprise is George Lopez

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...-cable-originals-network-finals-2-2-2017.html
Nashville on Nick@Nite - 0.601 (0.22 adult demo)

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
Not surprised that Ride did see below a million, but that fast after their Series premiere sounds a little alarming.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
perhaps ride is too specialized of a show to be successful

an entire show revolving around horses may have worked in the 90's but not now!

the show would only appeal to equestrians/horse lovers & based on what i've read on nick's facebook even THEY don't want to watch it!

kanc

Based on social media, Ride is te biggest show on Russian Nick right now. But all the telenovelas/daily dramas do extremely well here
Yeah, but mikuroto's post is about Ride ratings in USA. Not sure if USA fans even like the show. It might be popular in other countries though

chum_chum

Yeah, but mikuroto's post is about Ride ratings in USA. Not sure if USA fans even like the show. It might be popular in other countries though
Yeah I know it, there's even a TVTropes article about shows like that. I mean the show is fine and underperforms in the US because of the lack of a good promo campaign and because the whole obsession with daily drama gave Nick only two hits in America. So it's obvious the audience is not really here for shows like that on Nick (they are also not here for sports lol).
I wish they stopped trying with those kind of format experiments and worked better on three thing people actually want from Nick as a brand: pre-school, original cartoons and live action sitcoms.

rockorockorocko

Yeah I know it, there's even a TVTropes article about shows like that. I mean the show is fine and underperforms in the US because of the lack of a good promo campaign and because the whole obsession with daily drama gave Nick only two hits in America. So it's obvious the audience is not really here for shows like that on Nick (they are also not here for sports lol).
I wish they stopped trying with those kind of format experiments and worked better on three thing people actually want from Nick as a brand: pre-school, original cartoons and live action sitcoms.

Agreed. I have no idea what Nick's obsession is with daily dramas (particularly this prep school/uniform genre). House of Anubis and Every Witch Way were the only two that did well. And the flurry that came after EWW all failed to gain any traction. I suppose its just cheap and if one ends up being a hit, they can focus on it.

Nick really should keep it simple with the three areas you brought up. They over-saturate their main channel with way too much content and because of Nick Jr. and Nick at Nite, there's not even many slots for Nick to give. And on top of that, we all know if you are not a hit right off the bat, you get regulated to death slots and premiere-only spots on the schedule. Or well, Nicktoons/TeenNick.

Always felt five cartoons and three live action, with a daily or gameshow, is all Nick really needs.

kanc

Technically before USA premiere, the promotion was very well promoted, it's just placed at 8pm weekdays that kids go to sleep and ready for school. Another thing is first only episode posted one week before premiere

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
perhaps ride is too specialized of a show to be successful

an entire show revolving around horses may have worked in the 90's but not now!

the show would only appeal to equestrians/horse lovers & based on what i've read on nick's facebook even THEY don't want to watch it!

Ride is a Canadian series. One of the longest running Canadian TV series in history is Heartland, a drama that centres around equestiran sport. YTV and Nick were probably hoping teens/kids would want their own version.

jaylop97

Staff member
Well Ride managed to end of the week with a low score, I wonder how will the show go on from here if that continues.

February 4th
Regal Academy: 660,000 (0.30)
Kuu Kuu Harajuku: 713,000 (0.22)
Power Rangers Ninja Steel: 1,496,000 (0.38)
The Thundermans: 1,719,000 (0.34)
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn: 1,575,000 (0.31)
February 5th
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 1,228,000 (0.40)
Superstar Slime Showdown at Super Bowl
Nickelodeon: 1,109,000 (0.25)
Nicktoons: 179,000 (0.03)
TeenNick: 154,000 (0.03)
Nick Jr
Dora and Friends: Into the City!: 414,000 (0.06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts