Nickelodeon Ratings Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanc

As I expected, Middle School Mystery bombed in original movie/pilot.This marks the biggest record in Nick's history of starting series low and further under PGBC first sneak peek started 0.95. Nick already had one week promotion, maybe too much ads causing kids to stop watching. There hasn't been any countering exact same night for Disney. But Disney aired Descendants last Sat morning scored almost 3 mil viewers, and last Sunday night scored 3.3 viewers!

PGBC ratings are up a bit from week before. Looks like SpongeBob at 11:30AM didn't do too bad big drop, but just little bit, still scored 1.4 viewers. This was better when pulling Harvey Beaks and Sanjay and Craig.

I was expecting TMNT ratings to score low due to no advertising, but 1.6?! Wow, with no advertising, and lead-in SpongeBob scored 1.9. This is not a bad drop. But there is TMNT fanbase kids watch.

I would also like to see by Sat. night how the ratings would end up since there are no premieres, and Nick is advertising Sat night live action best of summer.

And.. this gets worse for Nickelodeon. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...tal-day-for-week-ending-august-2-2015/441437/

#1 DSNY - 1552
#2 TOON - 1227
#3 NICK - 1194

Seems like Cartoon increases total viewers in bigger in margin than Nick. But lot bigger margin in Cartoon and Disney, Disney viewers gets most attention due to Descendants premiere scoring whopping 6.6. Nickelodeon is still going to continue a struggle in premieres, failed to premiere at least 2 mil viewers.

http://adage.com/article/media/commercials-tv/299810/
There has been load of commercials stuffed in kids tv especially Nickelodeon following ratings decline.

Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
Wow, that's way more than I expected. Maybe Nick should air Harvey Beaks and TMNT at that time.

jaylop97

Staff member
Saturday, August 1
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-100-saturday-cable-originals-8-1-2015.html
PGBC: 1,494,000
Massively Mixed Up Middle School Mystery: 926,000

Sunday, August 2
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-100-sunday-cable-originals-8-2-2015.html
TMNT: 1,654,000
Julius Jr.: 230,000
Digimon Fusion: 227,000
I'm glad that TMNT recieved good ratings even with barely any advertising and the super Advertised MMUMSM got the weakest ratings it was about time something like this had happened

chum_chum

Wow, that's way more than I expected. Maybe Nick should air Harvey Beaks and TMNT at that time.
Do you mean CN-style new premiere different show every weekday? That sounds interesting. Everything is better thaen those stupid SundayPM premieres (#JusticeForHarveyBeaks). With great promo, it can work.
For example:
2PM Last weeks episode rerun
2:30PM SpongeBob Spamming (For sake of good lead-in)
4PM ALVIN (Mon) HARVEY (Tue) PGBC (Wed) TMNT (Thu) SANJAY (Fri)
+rerun block in normal SatAM timeslot

kanc

Wow! How did that happen? I though Alvin and the Chipmunks was a pretty popular franchise, but I didn't think it could get numbers like that. That's great!
Nickelodeon never had any reruns or premieres that scored at least 2 mil viewers (not counting for Kids Choice Sports event themed or SpongeBob new episode), since many months after Kids Choice Awards 2015. Alvin and Chipmunks could definitely be new "SpongeBob". If ratings could keep up.

StorytellerMJ5

How was the promotion for Alvin? I don't watch Nick all that often, but I did see a few commercials during TMNT, but I don't know how much promotion they gave to it.

kanc

How was the promotion for Alvin? I don't watch Nick all that often, but I did see a few commercials during TMNT, but I don't know how much promotion they gave to it.
The promotion for Alvin started last Sat morning and sometimes did get more exposure, along with Middle School Mystery promo. No promo for TMNT at all and ratings still did decent 1.6 viewers.

And today after new episode, Alvin still promoted as brand new show, but banner did say new episodes.

StorytellerMJ5

The promotion for Alvin started last Sat morning and sometimes did get more exposure, along with Middle School Mystery promo. No promo for TMNT at all and ratings still did decent 1.6 viewers.

And today after new episode, Alvin still promoted as brand new show, but banner did say new episodes.

Alright so some decent promotion. Still really good ratings and I wonder how the ratings for the episodes for the rest of the week will do.

I also find it interesting how they rerun the episode the next weekday. I wonder how that will do ratings wise.

rockorockorocko

~ Mutt and Stuff seems to be doing well for Nick Jr., which is great considering Dora and Friends (shockingly), Little Charmers, and Fresh Beat Band of Spies all struggled on the Nick Jr. block. IMO, Nick needs to ship more content to the Nick Jr. channel. Mutt and Stuff seems like a keeper though. Nice seeing something different besides CGI.

~ PGBC seems like it has a chance to grow. Again, horrible move by Nick to expect people to warm up to a show without promotion. Seems like it "could" do better, plus it went up against a Descendants encore. There's still hope... and it's not a bad show at all. Happy Nick pulled HB and SJC - both deserve better treatment anyway.

~ TMNT continues to do fine. Just wish it could get some reruns. IMO, it doesn't need heavy promotion. The fanbase is there. All it needs is some reruns that can dual as promotions and TMNT could be a regular 2.0+ performer for Nick. It's the No. 1 franchise for boys K2-11 still.

~ The Middle School Mystery was an absolute fail. I hope Nick moves it off to TeenNick. There's just no need for so much live action content that's gonna drag the network down and cannibalize each other for promotion/fans. Nick has enough. TTM/HD/NRDD/BatB/100Things ... plus GS and SoR? Sorry... that's already way too much.

----

Pleasantly surprised by AatC - especially since it has no promotion and Nick wasn't even gonna premiere it when it acquired the rights. Nick CLEARLY used this as a last ditch effort to give the network life and thankfully it did. I can't say it's based off curiosity, because how many people even knew the show was gonna be on? They didn't have time to contemplate. People just watched it BECAUSE it's a popular franchise right now. Whether or not it can hold a stellar 2.3M (seriously, one of the highest premieres on Nick all summer), is up in the air, but the network will really benefit. Shoot... 4:00 p.m. isn't even the best time slot. It also INCREASED considerably off SBSP. JUST thought I'd say that.

This show should repeat really well after Nick Jr. IMO... and for some reason I think it would pair really well with Rabbids Invasion - another gem Nick has, but under utilizes.

With that said, I've been saying this forever now, Nick needs to learn from CN and revamp how they do premieres. Weekends just don't work any more for Nick. I've been saying this for months (and another person mentioned too): spam spongebob and premiere Nicktoons and live action weeknights. The shows will have a direct lead in from SBSP, and then keep it as two premieres a night to by pass over exhaustion, which weekends seems to be suffering. For Nick, 4:00 p.m. seems good for AatC, but maybe in the Fall, Nick can give CN a run for that 6:00 p.m. slot.

I know Nick has tried 7:00 p.m., but I just don't like the slot for kids networks.

Russelrules44

We need this sort of stuff more often. High five me Nick!

Lord Hater

Retired
~ Mutt and Stuff seems to be doing well for Nick Jr., which is great considering Dora and Friends (shockingly), Little Charmers, and Fresh Beat Band of Spies all struggled on the Nick Jr. block. IMO, Nick needs to ship more content to the Nick Jr. channel. Mutt and Stuff seems like a keeper though. Nice seeing something different besides CGI.

~ PGBC seems like it has a chance to grow. Again, horrible move by Nick to expect people to warm up to a show without promotion. Seems like it "could" do better, plus it went up against a Descendants encore. There's still hope... and it's not a bad show at all. Happy Nick pulled HB and SJC - both deserve better treatment anyway.

~ TMNT continues to do fine. Just wish it could get some reruns. IMO, it doesn't need heavy promotion. The fanbase is there. All it needs is some reruns that can dual as promotions and TMNT could be a regular 2.0+ performer for Nick. It's the No. 1 franchise for boys K2-11 still.

~ The Middle School Mystery was an absolute fail. I hope Nick moves it off to TeenNick. There's just no need for so much live action content that's gonna drag the network down and cannibalize each other for promotion/fans. Nick has enough. TTM/HD/NRDD/BatB/100Things ... plus GS and SoR? Sorry... that's already way too much.

----

Pleasantly surprised by AatC - especially since it has no promotion and Nick wasn't even gonna premiere it when it acquired the rights. Nick CLEARLY used this as a last ditch effort to give the network life and thankfully it did. I can't say it's based off curiosity, because how many people even knew the show was gonna be on? They didn't have time to contemplate. People just watched it BECAUSE it's a popular franchise right now. Whether or not it can hold a stellar 2.3M (seriously, one of the highest premieres on Nick all summer), is up in the air, but the network will really benefit. Shoot... 4:00 p.m. isn't even the best time slot. It also INCREASED considerably off SBSP. JUST thought I'd say that.

This show should repeat really well after Nick Jr. IMO... and for some reason I think it would pair really well with Rabbids Invasion - another gem Nick has, but under utilizes.

With that said, I've been saying this forever now, Nick needs to learn from CN and revamp how they do premieres. Weekends just don't work any more for Nick. I've been saying this for months (and another person mentioned too): spam spongebob and premiere Nicktoons and live action weeknights. The shows will have a direct lead in from SBSP, and then keep it as two premieres a night to by pass over exhaustion, which weekends seems to be suffering. For Nick, 4:00 p.m. seems good for AatC, but maybe in the Fall, Nick can give CN a run for that 6:00 p.m. slot.

I know Nick has tried 7:00 p.m., but I just don't like the slot for kids networks.
The answers are simple. Just move BW and SJC to Nicktoons (both shows are terrible IMO). Give HB another chance to find its audience. Replace some SBSP slots with RI (Nick, why would you remove a show that is getting 2 million viewers?) or HB. Move the excess live-action like M&S, MIP, anf MMUMSM to TeenNick and LC, D&F, to Nick Jr. Give TMNT more reruns.

Think about it, if Nick does this, then they could get good ratings like CN and Disney in Q4 2015.

ToonJay723

Staff member
When school starts next month, and the ratings for Alvin! are still like this, Nick should definitely air premieres of Harvey Beaks and TMNT weekdays at 4.

StorytellerMJ5

The ratings seem to be pretty good for Alvin for it's second episode. The rerun earlier in the day seemed to do well too, IMO.

rockorockorocko

I don't think it's the time, so much as it is AatC is a popular franchise with kids.

BTW, it did really well in the post Nick Jr. slot. It's a perfect transition from Paw Patrol to Nickelodeon.

I'm not sure if 4pm is as viable when kids are gonna be back in school. 6pm seems about right. Although CN has premieres then. But yeah, I think weekday premieres with SBSP leads are the way Nick should premiere from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
today's my birthday, but it's more of a "sad birthday" than a "happy birthday" to me, because I'm still having a mental breakdown over my past. ugh.
Asa wrote on wonderfly's profile.
With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
This special is worth it just to see Ben Schwartz rap about latkes.

someone once told me that the Korean language is like if the Chinese and Japanese languages melted into each other and came up with something different
The Loud House > Riverdale

Featured Posts