Nickelodeon Ratings Discussion, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

J21697

Nickelodeon ordered 7 more episodes of AwesomenessTV, according to their twitter.

That is a stupid decision. Why would you order more episodes of a, basically worthless show? The ratings weren't even good, and they have enough programming this Fall.

MegaJ

Like a spring breeze.
That's great for Swindle. I was expecting more than 3 mil, not 4 mil total viewers! They need to use their stars more often on movies like this.

JusticeLeaguer

Watchtower
Wow I was not expecting anywhere near 4 million. Great job for Swindle!

Nickelodeon ordered 7 more episodes of AwesomenessTV, according to their twitter.

That is a stupid decision. Why would you order more episodes of a, basically worthless show? The ratings weren't even good, and they have enough programming this Fall.

Not that this has anything to do with ratings but ATV is probably super cheap to produce, hence the 7 extra episodes.

rockorockorocko

I guess it's good to have low projections, blown away by how well Swindle did. Nick really did a bang up job promoting this movie and setting it up for success. This is the highest original movie premiere since Best Player right?

And three months ahead, the next movie Jinx already has some air time and a set day and time. Nick could really blow the ratings with this movie if pushed well enough. Kinna has a Nick all-star lineup as well... although not as A-list. Ciara Bravo, Jack Griffo, and Jacob Bertrand.

How far Nick has come....

----

ATV got a back order with all episodes under 1.8M? And it was almost done too. Meh. Regardless if it's cheap, Nick should at least give it a shot. Why not air it on the tail end of Nick Saturday night.

rockorockorocko

Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon ratings (August 19-25, 2013)

Strong ratings week for Nick, perhaps one of the strongest in awhile. The Swindle premiere obviously was a huge boost for Nick.

~ SaC (2.7, 2.5, 2.5, 2.3, 2.3) repeated extremely well this week. THH (2.2, 2.1, 2.0) had some nice numbers as well as well. I suppose the strength off both shows' reruns is what has really kept both afloat. Hopefully in the Fall both will get a boost in ratings and premiere over 2.8M.

~ PAW Patrol did ridiculously well during Nick Jr. deathslot.

~ Rabbids Invasion premiered at 2.2 (2.157). I'd say it's done pretty well (2.6, 2.5, 1.8, 2.2) on it's own, but it'll probably level off around 2.5ish when there's more premieres surrounding it. Still, looks like Nick is going all to promote Rabbids... repeats were OK.

J21697

Sam & Cat is a show that doesn't do so well in premieres, but does GREAT in reruns. The repeats have outperformed, or nearly outperformed its recent premiere episode. Hopefully the hiatus helps the show, it worked for Victorious in its Fall season.

Sanjay & Craig still holding up in repeats. I honestly think this show will be Nick's next #2..

Nick is really pushing Rabbids but it just isn't delivering. It premiered at a bad time, ALONE, in the Summer.

rockorockorocko

SaC confuses me, but I think a lot of it had to do with it premiering Saturday nights in the Summer. Saturday is already the lowest watched night of the week, more so during the Summer. In any case. I do hope all of Nick's shows in the Fall gets a boost from all of their returns.

SBSP, FOP, TMNT, LoK, SJC... really don't care which ends up being Nick's No. 2. It's nice knowing Nick even HAS a No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, No. 5. Lol I remember when the lineup was basically SBSP and iCarly, Vict, BTR. How times have changed.

Thankfully Nick's animation end have the ratings to back up how successful it is.

The Talon

Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon ratings (August 19-25, 2013)

Strong ratings week for Nick, perhaps one of the strongest in awhile. The Swindle premiere obviously was a huge boost for Nick.

~ SaC (2.7, 2.5, 2.5, 2.3, 2.3) repeated extremely well this week. THH (2.2, 2.1, 2.0) had some nice numbers as well as well. I suppose the strength off both shows' reruns is what has really kept both afloat. Hopefully in the Fall both will get a boost in ratings and premiere over 2.8M.

~ PAW Patrol did ridiculously well during Nick Jr. deathslot.

~ Rabbids Invasion premiered at 2.2 (2.157). I'd say it's done pretty well (2.6, 2.5, 1.8, 2.2) on it's own, but it'll probably level off around 2.5ish when there's more premieres surrounding it. Still, looks like Nick is going all to promote Rabbids... repeats were OK.
I seriously wish we could have gotten a Rayman Origins/Legends cartoon instead of Rabbids. But apparently Ubisoft has much more faith in the Rabbids for some reason.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
I seriously wish we could have gotten a Rayman Origins/Legends cartoon instead of Rabbids. But apparently Ubisoft has much more faith in the Rabbids for some reason.
Well, the show was picked up 2-3 years ago, before Origins released, and the Rabbids were more popular around that time, and kids are more interested in crazy, wacky characters, and how Rayman Origins didn't hit the scene in terms of popularity. Though I do agree with ya, a Rayman Origins cartoon would be awesome.

Kool345

Starting at 8/7c on ABC
It seems that Labor Day was rough for all three networks. The only Spongebob airing on the list is 2.2 million total viewers, and nothing on Disney nor CN got on the list. Of corse, this is based on Adults 18-49, so the other channels and Nickelodeon we'll have to wait and see.

8pm:

TOON - Uncle Grandpa: 2.164 million viewers
NICK - AwesomenessTV: 1.420 million viewers

8:30pm:

TOON - MAD: 1.624 million viewers
NICK - Nick Studio10: 1.081 million viewers

Cartoon Network would have been much higher if it wasn't Labor Day, as these past few years have been evidence of lower rated Labor Day's. doesn't surprise me that Nick is still struggling with ATV, and I am definitely not surprised at the terrible NS10 numbers.

rockorockorocko

It seems that Labor Day was rough for all three networks. The only Spongebob airing on the list is 2.2 million total viewers, and nothing on Disney nor CN got on the list. Of corse, this is based on Adults 18-49, so the other channels and Nickelodeon we'll have to wait and see.

Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings: College Football, "Roast of James Franco" Top Charts | TheFutonCritic.com

Well, Nick's Monday lineup did meh, ATV 1.4 and NS10 1.1, but it was a major down day for all networks. Rightfully so, it was the first holiday of the school year.

BTW, if I feel for anyone it's CN. They launch Uncle Grandpa with a HUGE promotional push and it only scored a 2.164, which is AT and RS at its weakest...

Ace

Ace
ATV and NS10 were weak. I still don't get why Nick counter-programs their reality LA programs on a night where they don't do so well. I'm not surprised ATV and NS10 did bad. I feel that Nick just wants to get in the Monday night rush and compete against CN and XD.

rockorockorocko

Kids going back to school means low ratings across the board. Third consecutive day this week where ratings for the big 3 haven't been good: Wednesday Cable Ratings: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Wins Night, ‘Modern Dads’, ‘Futurama’, ‘Royal Pains’, ‘The Bridge’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

As long as it's across the board, nothing to be too concerned about. Makes sense that ratings would be down the initial few weeks... guess we'll see how Nick's premieres do with the weeks after Swindle up until the premieres seemingly low... first set of premieres this week are Monster High, Power Rangers, Digimon Fusion, Winx Club and See Dad Run...

JusticeLeaguer

Watchtower
Yeah it's gonna take time for kids and families to "get in the groove" of heading back to school. It may not seem like it'd be a big adjustment but it really is, especially when you've got more than one kid.

Still, I'm interested to see how PR/DF/WC do this weekend.

JusticeLeaguer

Watchtower
TBH, It's kinda embarrassing at the fact that a movie that has repeated tons of times, beat Swindle's original premiere..

It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison though. Tangled is an animated feature film that's almost 3 years old and has found time to grow in popularity. Swindle is a live-action made-for-TV film that's less than 3 weeks old.

Regardless, ratings are a bit low lately but we'll see how they turn around in the future.

rockorockorocko

Spongebob is wayyy down in repeats, and Tangled crushed everything. Friday Cable Ratings: WWE Friday Night SmackDown Tops Night + ‘NFL Live’, ‘SportsCenter’, ‘Pardon the Interruption’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

TBH, It's kinda embarrassing at the fact that a movie that has repeated tons of times, beat Swindle's original premiere..

No way can you compare one of the top kids theatrical movies this past decade to a made for TV movie... plus isn't Disney on their princess week or whatever? Kids and girls probably flocking to their TV movies all night this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts